monitor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-05-2006, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
do you have one? i am thinking of buying one from someone on the TP and am just wondering what you guys have. i didn't think i really needed one, and i don't for the most part, except it would be nice to have one when i go do laundry (in the basement level) on the few occassions Ethan will sleep alone in the bassinet. i just get so worried when i am down there that he will wake up (not that i am down there that long, but ykwim???).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 02-05-2006, 08:55 PM

A moniter is such a good idea. I too, have a creepy basement that I have to go down into to do laundary (like non-stop! Darn cloth diapers!) and a monitor is great so I can relax and not worry while I am down there. It is really for my own peace of mind, as he would be okay if he had to cry for a second, but I don't like that
#3 of 11 Old 02-05-2006, 09:37 PM

oh absolutely. i still use my monitor for my 3yo. in fact it's on right now, he's asleep in bed and we're down here with the monitor on. i'd be a paranoid freak without it!
#4 of 11 Old 02-05-2006, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

i guess i should have added...what kind do you have???
#5 of 11 Old 02-06-2006, 12:25 AM

oh um...i'm not sure. some cheapy. back when rowan was born we got the fancy shmancy movement sensor thing (never used it bc he was with us from day 1) and that stupid monitor that came with it had SOOOO much feedback/static all the time. so then we got some cheapo one for like $10 and it's been perfect.
oh, it's from safety 1st...
#6 of 11 Old 02-06-2006, 04:13 AM

We have this type of monitor. It includes audio and visual for the super-paranoid-freaks we are!

Works really well, BTW. It can even see in the dark!
#7 of 11 Old 02-06-2006, 07:29 AM

the type of monitor is a huge deal. they're jut not all created equal. i really like the voice activated featre so it's totally quiet unless they're crying. the fuzz sound annoys the begeebus out of me!

i have a sony.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#8 of 11 Old 02-06-2006, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark
i really like the voice activated featre so it's totally quiet unless they're crying. the fuzz sound annoys the begeebus out of me!
Ohhh yeah. You can't hear mine unless Drew makes a noise, but I can hear all his grunts and movements really well. I like that 'cause it lets me know when he's starting to wake up. Also, the one I have has two channels, so if you get static on one, you can just switch to the other. One other nice feature is that the monitor is electric, but can switch to battery power so if I have to run outside for any reason, I can just take it with me. DH and I loved that in the summertime when we'd sit out back and chat after Evan was asleep.

I have the fisher-price sound and lights.
#9 of 11 Old 02-06-2006, 06:17 PM

we had the camera one and it sucked for us. but he was already in a big boy bed so we couldn't hook it up close to his face (besides, he moved so much that wouldn't have worked) so we had to have it farther away and couldn't really see him. we returned it and stuck with this cheapo one with no camera. LOL
#10 of 11 Old 02-06-2006, 06:28 PM

I think the simple kind are best. I use ours daily. If I don't use it DD will cry for a while and by the time I hear her she's really awake. It can take a long time to get her back down. With the monitor I get to her quickly and nurse her before she's awake.

I think it's Fisher Price.
#11 of 11 Old 02-06-2006, 06:31 PM

I should add: she goes to sleep on my back in the Ergo for every nap and at bedtime. I do laundry downstairs, wash dishes, care for her older sister, cook, everything during her naps. I like to have her "on" me, she sleeps longer, too.

When I leave her on the bed without me and go down to the laundy I have these fears that I'll trip on the steps and can't make it back to her or something and... oh, geez.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page