Does my baby have diarrhea? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-06-2006, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is 100% breastfed and normally his stools are about the consistency of yogurt. But today when I EC him, the stools just kind of squirt and bubble out. Very liquidy. Is something wrong?
#2 of 5 Old 02-06-2006, 07:23 AM

i usually see curry colored watery almost mucus looking poo with chunks of yellow cottage cheese. i noticed that as she's getting older when she doesnt go for a couple days when she does it's yogurt consistency. if she doesn't hold back for a couple days, then it's very watery.

i'm usualy more concerned with color for breastfed babes than consistency. green is not good. sickness, foremilk/hindmilk imbaalance, allergies, etc.

excuse typeos i'm nak & just want to post before you leave.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#3 of 5 Old 02-06-2006, 10:11 AM

ava's had green poops for a few days. i guess she has had the same flu we have? what can i do?
#4 of 5 Old 02-06-2006, 07:03 PM

phew... thanks claire for the 'claire-ification' (totally lame, i know... but i laughed anyway).

lucy (or 'louie' as katherine calls her) hasn't had any supplementation at all in a while now (hooray!! all bf baby!) and her stools are almost totally watery... or what i like to call skidmarks (just a bit of poo with every change... like a little squirt ). but the color is ... curry-ish, so i guess we're all okay ... oh, and in the more significant dipes ... with more than just skidmarks, there is a bit of the mustard-seediness as well.

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#5 of 5 Old 02-06-2006, 07:44 PM

i was freaked out for weeks b/c most of Ethan's poos are green, but he's gaining well (he's 10.7 right now at 5 weeks, 2.3 lbs. more than his birth weight), but my ped. told me not to worry about it as long as he has a lot of poos and pee dipes.
i know this doesnt answer your original question...but just wanted to put my 2 cents.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page