anybody else NOT send out announcements yet?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2006, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LMAO!!! we still haven't even ordered them. is it too late? is it just dumb to do it now??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2006, 01:32 PM

I know a lot of people who wait to send their announcements off. I don't think it would be dumb.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:02 PM

I am one step ahead of you Michelle, I have ordered them and have them in here. Just not sent out. They are holidayish with a snowflake design and the kids infront of the Christmas tree. I too have wondered about the etiquete of sending them out seemingly late. I was thinking to redeem myself I should work on one or two a day with a hand written note to make it more personal. I don't know. Mabey I could make a stationary with a springish design?
Old 04-04-2006, 03:28 PM

i totally think it's okay. we ent ours out 3 weeks pp, but what's killing me are the freaking thank yous!!! i have 4 people hounding me about getting them done and it's making me even more resistant. what new mama has the time to get announcements out, then thank yous too???
Old 04-04-2006, 05:43 PM

We managed to get announcements out before Christmas, barely. It was birth announcement/thank you card/Christmas card all rolled into one.

I don't think it's too late. If you haven't ordered them yet, you could do photos as newborn, 6 weeks or so, and current... I think that would be kind of cool.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

yyyeah i could have, huh. LOL but i didn't. i just ordered some and they're just her newborn pic. DAMNIT! i didn't think of that idea!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

ok i just called purplestork.com to see if i can change my mind about the layout. LOL i hope i can!!!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:42 PM

Im guilty too. I dont know if I will gte any sent at all, this is baby #3 LOL
Old 04-04-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2my2
Im guilty too. I dont know if I will gte any sent at all, this is baby #3 LOL
At least I'm not the only one. Hey, I sent people an email, isn't that enough?!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atozmama

I am one step ahead of you Michelle, I have ordered them and have them in here. Just not sent out. They are holidayish with a snowflake design and the kids infront of the Christmas tree. I too have wondered about the etiquete of sending them out seemingly late. I was thinking to redeem myself I should work on one or two a day with a hand written note to make it more personal. I don't know. Mabey I could make a stationary with a springish design?
give yourself more work to do and you are sure not to get them done...at least thats how it would work for me.

i sent mine out at a month but there are ppl who i didnt have addy's for in my computer and haven't looked them up yet. AND havent sent one to my MD who told me a VBAC was impossible!

i say send them!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

LOL i sent emails too!!
Old 04-04-2006, 11:17 PM

Announcements? :

mom of 3 , homeschooling the oldest with google and the internet
Old 04-04-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisraeltax
AND havent sent one to my MD who told me a VBAC was impossible!
Ooh, it's going to feel good when you do that! Maybe he or she will be intrigued and revise his/her opinion about VBAC. We can hope!

I haven't sent ours either. I haven't even printed them. We took a picture of DS at about a week old and Photoshopped it into a nice announcement, but haven't had the money to print them up at Costco. Not to mention, I am sooo not looking forward to making a list of a hundred people and hand-addressing the cards. I say, they already know he's born - why bother with an announcement now?

Oh and it took me 2 months to write all the thank-yous for our baby shower. At least that's done! I cut up some blank card stock (actually watercolor paper), smeared fingerpaint on DS's foot and made baby footprint cards for the thank-yous.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter

hey, i say count that as an announcement. if he hadn't been born he couldnt' have put his feet on there, right?? let them do the math.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:30 AM

i sent half of them out, then ran out of stamps. o told dh today to get stamps, but i don't really think he will as it is 1:30 am and he is still working. (he left before i woke up, didn't even feel the kiss) Jewely ripped the envelopes open so i have to redo all the envelopes. i have not sent thank you's for the shower, but they are all made. the people who came to the shower arent really getting announcements as they are all the younger generation in our gruop, and really i don't have most of their addresses, and i don't think they much care about baby amnnouncements.

( i got a rach announcemnet. ..i am such a gloater)

courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:40 PM

I havent sent announcements either and I don't think I plan to. All the people that need to know, already do and have since the days she was born. Plus, having a digital camera does wonders for emailing pictures. Thats all I do!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:05 AM

We actually got announcements printed up and they have been sitting in my front hallway for about a week now. They are waiting for DH to bring home addresses on printed labels (how tacky is that?!) that he is printing at work. They will probably not go out for another month, realistically.

With DS, who was born in June, we waited until December to send out the announcements are part of our holiday card.But my dear mother hounded me like crazy about sending thank you notes out for that entire year that gifts were trickling in. Yesterday I found a stash of five thank you notes for DD gifts that somehow had never gotten sent out. One woman called DH to ask if we ever received the present. Talk about embarrassing....
Old 04-06-2006, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

i'm halfway there! i have selected 10 pictures that i have to whittle down to 4 for the layout i chose from purplestork. tomorrow i place the order again
Old 04-06-2006, 05:21 PM

I had the pic all picked out, and dh was supposed to make some up for me at work (he works at staples and they have a copy center). But he never did it. So now I got this cupon from Sears portait to get 10 free with a $32 portrait purchase. So I think we may take him in this weekend and get some pics done with his big brother and get some announcements made up. I thought about not doing them at all, but I did for Kearnan and I can't just not do them for Tharen, you know?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:10 PM

oh let us help!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

ok bear with me then...it'll be convoluted and probably take a while. LOL
i'll post the pics in a sec. i'm nak adn its hard to do. lol
Old 04-07-2006, 01:41 AM

Michele,

I saw the thread with your pics and they are beautiful! Ava is such a little doll.

I did get my announcements out (I'm kinda neurotic about that), but to my shame, I haven't written a single thank you note yet! Better get on that tomorrow... (yeah, like I haven't been saying that for 4 months now!)
Old 04-08-2006, 02:30 PM

We've been pecking away at sending announcements/thank you's but for the most part, No, I haven's sent a thing!
Old 04-08-2006, 07:42 PM

How's it coming, MM?

This thread prompted me to get two thank you notes written. Now only 57 bajillion left to go, LOL!
Old 04-08-2006, 09:18 PM

hehe! even though i sent out my announcements when E was about a month old, i also sent my thank yous in with the announcement. im sure there is somethign bad about that etiquette wise (like, you MUST spend the 39 cents on another envelope), but thats the ONLY way i would get them done.

User Tag List