can you stand one more 'hooray for boobie milk' post from me? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-17-2006, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
If not... well, then don't look Because that's what this is going to be!!!!

No, we haven't reached any real milestones. I haven't had any stand-out instances that I'm reflecting on now.

Well. Wait. Maybe one And maybe it's the whole reason for this post.

Today, after church and brunch at MILs we all came home to take naps. Let me just say THANK GOODNESS! for laying down and nursing! What in the world would I do without that?!?!? Phew! Anyway, so I'm laying down, Lucy's chowing down, dh and the older two girls were sleeping and everybody was happy. Fast forward a bit to everybody waking up. I woke up before Lucy, popping the ol' boob out of her mouth. When she woke up, she had the sweetest, sleepy smile on her face and just a bit of milk dribbling from the corner of her mouth.

I'm not quite sure why it hit me so much right then, just the simple sight of milk getting all over the sheets but gosh, I loved it. Totally loved it!!!

Dangit, these boobs ARE fabulous! Fabulous feeders ... Now, the leaking part I could do without (especially because why does it always seem to happen at The Most Inopportune Time?!?!), but otherwise, it's the best.

And I'm proud to tell people that I breastfeed. I'm proud that we've made it almost four months now! And I'm excited to see where we'll go from here.

Phew... Some days *are* harder than others, but this has been a great day all around and sometimes I think I need to make note of these days just as much as the rougher ones. And, while Lucy is still... petite (aka, she's SO *not* chubby!), I know that she's getting all she needs and that she loves it!

(and, can you tell that she's not here right now?! Yep, that's right folks, you are seeing capital letters here! Little Louie is on a pretty darn nice sleeping schedule, so I'm sneaking in a bit of ALONE computer time -- something nearly unheard of!)

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 04-17-2006, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#3 of 8 Old 04-17-2006, 12:18 PM

:
Thanks for sharing!!

Look, here is you!

and one dancing banana for good measure!!

Kelli
#4 of 8 Old 04-17-2006, 04:17 PM

I'm so proud of ya, Judy!

You stuck with it, and now you're reaping the rewards! And you're right, there's almost nothing on earth as sweet as that sweet, sleepy, milky grin.
#5 of 8 Old 04-17-2006, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Turtlemum... I totally forgot about that smilie before, but that's totally me!!!

Ooh... and another great bonus thus far? NO aunt flow!!! I keep thinking I'm feeling twinges of cramps or something, but nothing thus far! ... I'm really loving this

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
#6 of 8 Old 04-17-2006, 06:40 PM

Yay!! That's so great to hear, Judy.
#7 of 8 Old 04-17-2006, 07:36 PM

Got to love that blissed out Milk Grin! I am so glad to see you enjoying breastfeeding after the rough start you had.
#8 of 8 Old 04-18-2006, 05:05 AM

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page