try to make him laugh...I dare you! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My happy, smiley baby (4 months old this past Sunday) has only truely laughed 3 times. I LOVED hearing him laugh and it has been my personal mission to get him to do it again, but alas, he just looks at me like I'm crazy. What do you do to make your baby laugh? Also, is it "normal" for him to not be laughing really? DS 1 laughed constantly at this age.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 02:44 PM

I don't know if what DS does would be considered 'laughing' but it's most assuredly a happy noise. Last week he giggled for the first time! For the most part he coo's and squeals, but not a real laugh. If I make a face that catches his fancy, I'll just keep doing it until I get a reaction other than smiles.
#3 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 05:14 PM

Samara loves it when I look up at the ceiling while saying "Ahhhhhhhhh" and then I'll lower my face really quickly to right in front of her face and say "Choo!" She thinks it's the funniest thing in the whole world.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#4 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 05:52 PM

Cailan laughs more for his dad than for me. He laughs at being tickled and having his neck kissed, sometimes when I sing to him, and sometimes at the dog. I love it when he laughs in his sleep.
#5 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Daphne loves the mirror. If I put my face right up to hers and go towards the mirror really fast while making "get you" noises....it's a sure laugh. LOL

She likes "boo" too if you get right up in her face. She also likes if you put her up in the air.

Desiree

#6 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 06:40 PM

I'm not a part of this group, but my DS was the same way. For whatever reason he was just very late to laugh. He did, but only rarely and it was over in a second. All the other kids his age were giggling constantly it seemed! I don't remember when he started laughing a lot, but at 2 he never stops. Hugs to you, I know just how you felt. But it won't last forever.
#7 of 7 Old 04-18-2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthjunkie27
Samara loves it when I look up at the ceiling while saying "Ahhhhhhhhh" and then I'll lower my face really quickly to right in front of her face and say "Choo!" She thinks it's the funniest thing in the whole world.
wow! we do the EXACT same thing (including movements), but instead of "choo", we say "boo". maybe that would work for you littlemomma.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page