ex wife reading my blog - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-20-2006, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just want to vent! i get so tired of being in a blended family sometimes! like, why cant i just have MY life that none of the ex's are interested in??? too much to ask? i guess so!
thanks for letting me vent. if her life is THIS boring, then go for it woman! read away about how cute and cuddly my precious children are.
now back to your regularly scheduled programming!
rach
#2 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 12:30 AM

So sorry mama!

You know, I read in another forum that a doula's blog was being read by a L&D nurse at the hospital she worked at. The nurse was also posting to her blog. Suggestions from other MDCers was to block her from having access or something like that. Is this something you can do?

Kelli

PS She is probably really jealous of your super cute kiddies!!
#3 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 12:33 AM

Why not password protect your blog? I went even further with mine. People have to subscribe to a list server to get it so I know exactly who's reading it.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#4 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 12:35 AM

gosh, rach, i'm really sorry about that. because it's just creepy. plus, you feel like you're living under a microscope.

if possible, block her isp number (if you can figure it out... though i'm sure you can if you know she's reading!) ... because i think that knowing she is 'looking over your shoulder' so to speak, you won't really be able to be honest (or at least i know i couldn't be).

hugs to you, mama.... hope you figure out something!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#5 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 12:36 AM

OMG! OMG! OMG! Mama this happened to me!!! I had to even change my username on here so that she wasnt into all my threads n such. I had written some things about her in my blog and how she raises her son (my step-son) and she EMAILED me about it! It was so stupid and immature and just annoying I could hardly stand it. I too can understand your frustration and it totally turned me off for now on blogging password protected or not. I mean she (dh's ex) didnt just stumble up on it you know she had to seek it out. Get a life, eh? YUCK..............:
#6 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 12:58 AM

That's what took me so long to decide to write a blog.... it's posting my personal journal on the "world wide web" for the entire universe to read. But it sounds like there are some ways around it, like the password idea.
#7 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

i don't know what the options are. i used the bloggerspot from google, if anyone knows what password protection we have.
the thing that gets me is that she couldnt have just "come across it". i still have to figure out how she found it (may be from reading all my posts here).
i dont have anything to hide (well, if i did, i wouldnt put in on the www for all to see) but its just creepy and an invasion (im struggling with the invasion in my privacy b/c im posting to the www, but its an invasion into my personal sphere of things on the www).
i was thinking of changing my user ID here about a month ago and will prob. do that now, but this just creeps me out.
i know she is online all the time looking for men (duh...) so she has plenty of time to look for me, but WHY she would want to look for me is crazy! she's tried to cause all kinds of problems and has really affected her poor dd and our r/s with her but its been awhile since she pulled anything.
the latest is that "she's concerned about a pix of her dd" with my ds. whatever! her dd said it was ok and there is no restriction on that, so there you go.
sometimes i just wish none of these ex's existed to TRY to cause prob's..whether/not they do. and we DONT allow her to actually cause prob's between us...that would give her too much satisfaction.
#8 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 12:27 PM

Rach, that just plain sucks. Sorry that's happening. Hope you can find a solution!
#9 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

no password protection for my blog...so i either have to delete it and create another that she wont find or just let it be. i think ill just let it be...if she enjoys reading abuot my lie and seeing my beautiful kids, then great! go for it! hope you enjoy reading all about us! and yes, they are beautiful!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page