oh man, i just stepped in a puddle of spit-up.
i hope it's not too late to add to this thread. because i have loved reading about all of you and hope you'll find this interesting.
1) the international thing - i lived in costa rica for 2 months, to take a break from the "real world." didn't learn spanish, though. everyone wanted to practice their english with me and boyfriend. i've also visited canada, belgium, france, the netherlands. and i've lived in wyoming, virginia, colorado, texas, maryland, arkansas, new mexico, not in that order. my dad and sister live in cheyenne, and my mom and brother live in texas, where i grew up. i still say ya'll, although i've stopped saying "fixin' to."
2) sci-fi/gaming - my dh just recently quit playing LARP vampire. he's a big gamer, but i never have been. i do, however, enjoy cranium, mexican train dominoes, pictionary, taboo, etc.
3) nerdery - i was an english major in college and now run my own editing/writing business from home. i just got my first retainer contract! yippie!
4) housekeeping - i try, try, try to keep the house clean. i like it that way. but i guess we have too much stuff. and too many cats. (3) there's always cat hair and dust everywhere and i hate it. dishes are the worst, since we don't have a dishwasher.
5) outdoors - i love the outdoors. but my dh doesn't. he was in the army, so he claims that they ruined his desire to ever go camping. i did talk him into going this weekend, though, and i can't wait! i used to climb trees all the time as a kid. and mountains. and ride horses. (now i can't stand horses. i think they're big clumsy oafs.)
6) tv - i follow lost, ER, the apprentice, survivor, big love, deadwood, the unit, and prison break. i used to follow six feet under, x files. i wish i didn't like tv so much. but i do. it's part of who i am.
7) i've always been a social chameleon, although sometimes i wish i fit better into some category. dh and i will always have an element of the goth in our lives, as well as the hippy and the crunchy. i too have fantasies of living off the grid and growing my own organic food and throwing away the tv. but i try to compromise and be happy while still living as responsibly as i can manage.