omg! check out my score! i got a jogging stroller!!! soo cool! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i cant tell you how much i didnt want a stroller but with the weight issue i really have to start jogging with the baby...so....i need a stroller.
you guys probably dont know this about me, but im a real stickler for quality stuff...i reallly hate buying something that is less than top of the line, although i have a huge recycling streak so i like to get everythign i can recycled (my Saab is used too...great condition, but used still...i just hate to buy new).
with the jogging stroller, i really was set to get a BOB stroller..well, although they are worth it, they are $300 and up!! ouch! thats alot of baby carriers! lol!
tonight i snagged a jogging stroller from ebay! it was my first "snipe"..i know..im not proud of it, but hey, i HAD to have this stroller!
they used it for 2 months!!!!! they took it around the block once!!! it has an infant insert, an insulating bag (i guess for my water), a rain shield...everythign i need! with shipping...guess how much i paid???

give up???

still can't guess???

$123 with shipping!!!

sorry..i just had to "tell" you guys. dh is great at snipping but i never do it..i get too nervous and upset if i lose...but anyway, he helped me with this and i put a bid in with only 4 seconds left!!! wow! i cant believe it!

this stroller is on joggingstrollers.com for $399 right now!!!! i am just so psyched!! if you want to check it out, here it is:

so...as soon as i get this, i wont have an excuse NOT to exercise every day!!!!

yeh me!!!

sorry for the gloat, but with ds1 graduating from 8th grade next week, i can really use the additional $150, kwim???

rach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 12:31 AM

sweet! That is a serious score...see you outside!
#3 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 12:46 AM

That is pretty darn good! I got a double running stroller (probablly 5 years old) that is from One Step Ahead for $90 & I had to drive an hour to pick it up. I say you did good!

Rachel~wife to Keith since 5/01~mother to Georgia since 4/04~Bishop since 1/06~Zoe since 11/07 (my HBA2C!)~EDD 2/14/10 w/Baby surprise #4
#4 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

rachel (starparticle),
i just looked at your blog..those pix are absolutely beautiful! mine are well...not so much!
is Leif taking swimming lessons too?
#5 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 01:22 AM

Oh goodness - I love love love my camera and I think it makes all the difference. I adore taking photos, more so when they are of Leif! Don't be shy about yours!

Yes, Leif just finished his first swim class and we are signed up for the "advanced" class next month.

BTW - I LOVE your carrier with the little spirographs, who makes it??
#6 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 07:53 AM

great find!! i just bought a schwinn double jogger on ebay and spent $157 plus shipping (came out to $180) instead of 240. WOOHOO!!

rowan's looks like 10 pounds of potatoes in a 3 pound bag when he's sitting in it, but it'll do its job when he's having a meltdown and i gotta get him outta wherever we are. : yes. that's why i have a double stroller. for the emergency exits. LMAO!!

anyway, YAY! now, i don't wanna poop on your parade, but i read somewhere that we shouldn't actually *jog* with babies less than 1yo but i don't remember where i read that. i'm gonna see if i can find it.
#7 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
:

My first e-bay ultrascore was a jogger as well. It's an off brand, not as snazzy to a BOB though, and I got it for $90.
#8 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

well, i am a bit disapointed that i didnt get a Bob stroller (after the euphoria i had last night) but thats ok....know what i did? i bought E a lambskin insert with some fo the money i saved. i just found this website and they NEVER have shipping....wagon depot or somethign like. they have the coolest riding toys (like every animal known to man it seems and its at discount prices...and free shipping!). i got the lambskin for $38. that may not be that much of a steal, but i think they were more elsewhere and i know i saved on the shipping.
i wish i had the Bob stroller b/c of the locking wheel...but i really dont want to use the stroller for more than jogging so...maybe thats good...dh would be likely to say "lets just bring the stroller so you dont have to worry about the baby carriers"....well...uh...i like WORRYING about the baby carriers!!!
michelle...i appreciate you telling that and i will look into it, but i have to do something and Ethan is already 18+ lbs. i know many kids are that size at 1 year, so (after a llittle bit of research), i think he's going to have to deal with less than a year. maybe ill just walk until he gains a few more pounds, depending on the weight i find. if you know of anywhere i can look, let me know.
Wendy, do you jog with your baby????
if i cant do it, i can still walk and this is much better than the stroller my friend gave me (that hasnt even been unfolded...i looked at it last week and it has cobwebs on it!lol!).
Michelle, good emergency exit strategy!!! i used to do that with ds2 also.
starparticle, i enrolled both my older kids in swim classes but didnt know you could do that with an infant. duh! my 2 older ones were 2 and 3 years old and they had a blast but would love to get Ethan in a class...and it looks like so much fun! the photographs were beautiful! ill take a 5x7 of the 2nd one! lol!
the onbu with the spirographs is a WAHM one. it is reversible too with some pasley like designs on the other side. im sellign it on TBW!

ok, now to bug the seller and see when he's going to ship it!

oh, and get this! i had 2 coach bags that i never use and probably wont use again (being an old mama of 3) that i sold on ebay...and guess what? they sold and that covered the cost of my stroller!! so.....i just got a jogging stroller in exchange for 2 coach bags...pretty good deal, since all they were doing was taking up space in my closet!!!
#9 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 11:24 AM

Ahhh, I'd misread that it was a bob. the schwinn looks nice! The sun shade looks really good.

Yeah, I run with Elliot in our stroller (a Bell). I got it when DD was 4 months old, and I figure it's got about 1000 miles on it now.
#10 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

wow Wendy!!! our street has a bunch of hills (makes me sick when dh is driving on it) so i dont think we are going to wracking up a bunch of miles anytime shortly...im going to start the couch to 5-10k or whatever that is...off to find the link. i so wish i had the stroller today and it looks like its going to be raining through june, so im thankful for hte rain shield. i dont know how he will take the jogger, but im hoping the lambskin will help him sleep in it.
#11 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 11:37 AM

#12 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 11:39 AM

Oh, and 1000 miles over 3.5 years isn't that impressive: less than a mile a day.
#13 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 11:42 AM

#14 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 12:42 PM

Nice score, Rach...

Great links, Wendy...

Excellent strategy, Michele

#15 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 01:32 PM

well, maybe nevermind what i said about not running with kids less than 1yo...i can't find it anywhere now...wendy, you must know more about this than i do! i can't even remember the last time i ran for a reason other than that my kid was flying toward the street. :
#16 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelemiller
anyway, YAY! now, i don't wanna poop on your parade, but i read somewhere that we shouldn't actually *jog* with babies less than 1yo but i don't remember where i read that. i'm gonna see if i can find it.
I missed this the first time 'round.

It depends on the stroller and common sense.

Some joggers have newborn inserts or will take an infant car seat. Most are for 6 mo+. I've never seen any that are just 1 year+ (maybe you're thinking bikes?). I wouldn't take a baby on a bumpy trail at this point walking or running, but there is no difference in the bumpiness for the baby if I'm walking or running on the street. It's totally smooth either way.

No kids <12 mo on bikes, though. They need neck strength (not just control) to support themselves and a helmet.
#17 of 17 Old 06-10-2006, 06:12 PM

That's a pretty sweet rig! I go walking with my neighbor in the morning. She's got a fancy-pants jogger and I've got a nice 3 wheel stroller with a releasing/locking front wheel and I think we're both jealous of one another's. She's done half marathons though!

I think the age restriciont with strollers is because most of them don't recline enough for infants. I can't actually "jog" because I have um, imparements on my chest that require a special brace... and provide my son food :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page