Poor baby! update! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-12-2006, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Luka just got his very first tooth. The bottom right middle tooth. I noticed this morning that he was very cranky with swollen gums (like he's had for the past several days) but this afternoon I looked again and his tooth had pooped through since morning!
He is obviously in a lot of pain. I feel so bad for him. Julian never minded getting teeth in. I almost resorted to baby tylenol but he fell asleep (and is sleeping in my lap as I type). Well, he'll be prepared for food on the 21st. It's
so crazy to me since Julian didn't get teeth until almost 8 mos.

Who else has teeth? Which ones?
#2 of 7 Old 06-12-2006, 06:55 PM

No teeth quite yet, but a pretty cranky baby lately! We're guessing Simon's definitely teething now if his moodiness is any indication. And he's been chewing big time, even on frozen things.

I'll let you know when one comes through!

Poor Luka - hope the pain passes soon and he feels better!
#3 of 7 Old 06-12-2006, 08:29 PM

Stuart's got the bottom two. They came in last weekend, and he had a rough time of it. We used Tylenol once, and it did help. The teeth literally popped up during a 4 hour span--I didn't think it would be so fast! But he whined and cried and was up every hour for about 7 days prior to them breaking through. It was pretty difficult for everyone involved. He won't chew on anything cold, either.

Has anyone been bitten yet? I got it good last night when he was tired and cranky and forgot what he was doing. I did the trick where you push him into the breast and it seemed to work. I took him off and had DH hold him for a bit. He wasn't pleased, but he didn't do it again.
#4 of 7 Old 06-13-2006, 10:43 AM

Titus had a tooth for about an hour and it went back down. That was a week ago and now his gums (left, lower front) are looking particularly white so I think it could be any day now.

He bites me all the time! I try the squishing to the breast thing but that never works.It seems like the only times he bites are when he's pulling his head back to look at somthing. I didn't know a nipple could stretch that far! :
#5 of 7 Old 06-13-2006, 05:32 PM

Wesley just got his first tooth yesterday! Front middle, bottom jaw, on the left side. No nursing bites yet but he still likes chewing my fingers.
#6 of 7 Old 06-14-2006, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Whoa! 2 more teeth today!!!
Luka now has THREE bottom teeth. The two on the top look like they've got 2 days, max.
This is freakin' nuts!!! Julian didn't get his first tooth until almost 8 mos. and Luka's not even 6 mos. old! Of course, the crawling and pulling up should have warned me he wasn't like Julian....
and oh yeah, we've got biting. And screaming. Poor guy
#7 of 7 Old 06-14-2006, 04:38 PM

Poor Luka. Poor Mandy. 3 teeth all at once!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page