Ok Ok, I'll get the bigger covers out... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2006, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been meaning for a few days (or has it been a few weeks-I don't know time kind of slips by to fast) to get out the next size covers. I am using some Nikky covers I had because I had them. Sam was using medium until today. He was in his exersaucer car thing and I sat down at the computer for a min and thought I smelled something. I picked Sam up to go change him and he was dripping with poo. It had run down his legs the bottom of the car (thank goodness it was all contained in something!) was filled and he had been dancing in it and had it spread to every corner. I picked him up and held him at arms length and he just looked like why are you doing this mom? He got a bath. The diapered with the large size covers and they fit the infant size prefold really nicely. Hopefully all will be contained for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2006, 12:35 AM

Eeeeeew! I can't believe he needs larges, Will is just starting to wear his mediums. Guess that's the beauty of BFing, though, each baby is the size he/she is supposed to be.

Sounds like a fun mess to clean up!
Old 06-15-2006, 03:25 AM

wow!
Old 06-15-2006, 02:29 PM

I've had to put Titus in a 6! They don't come any bigger than that.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:07 PM

Luka went into premium prefolds and medium covers at 14 weeks and was in large covers by 5 mos. (we also use Nikky's, I think they are the best covers out there) It's crazy because Julian was still in mediums at 15 mos!
But we just switched to fuzzi bunz a couple weeks ago and Luka's on the tightest waist snaps and 2nd tightest thigh snaps on mediums.

I hate poop blowouts. Julian once had one in his exersaucer and it was a mess. Thank goodness the seat is machine-washable. Luka doesn't have one (we got rid of all our baby gadgets a long time ago) so his poop blowouts are always on people. Like say, the woman in charge of my department's office at school. Yep.
We haven't had any poopsplosions with fuzzibunz, thank goodness.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottmama
poopsplosions
Old 06-15-2006, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalmama
Eeeeeew! I can't believe he needs larges, Will is just starting to wear his mediums. Guess that's the beauty of BFing, though, each baby is the size he/she is supposed to be.

Sounds like a fun mess to clean up!
It was easier than I expected. The seat went in the machine along with clothes, and towel and cover of changing table and then I used disinfecting wipes to clean the bottom. I kind of was grossed out when Sam grabbed hi poo covered feet and tried to pull them up to his mouth.

Nikky's are sized small, a large runs from 18 - 22 lbs. I think most covers a med is around 15-30 lbs. Sam is probably only around 16 -17 lbs. I'll find out for sure next week. I want to try a fuzzibubz. It seems like a good way to keep using my infant sized prefolds.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atozmama
I want to try a fuzzibubz. It seems like a good way to keep using my infant sized prefolds.
That's what I did with our prefolds that didn't fit Samara anymore. We're using an almost all fuzzibunz stash now, and her infant prefolds are used as stuffers.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
Old 06-15-2006, 10:33 PM

I think a lot of it depends on the size of the diaper underneath. I just had to order a large Aristocrat cover because I sized up on the nighttime diapers, even though he's not at the poundage limit on the small cover yet. My prefolds are the premium large size, and they are hard to fit under my medium daytime covers.

Somebody once told me that exersaucers are poop machines.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous4_20
Somebody once told me that exersaucers are poop machines.
We just picked up an exersasucer from free-cycle. I guess we'd better get ready! It might be a good thing, though, since Elliot's started going 4 days between poops these past couple of weeks!

User Tag List