DDDC members -Pan is in the hospita - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dear DDDC members,
i belong to Pathera's coop and just read she is in the hospital. she broke e leg in 3 places! omg! she has gone through so much lately!
lets all send her healing vibes!!! poor mama::
i hope she doesnt mind me posting.
#2 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh no! Feel better Pan!

Yeoch.
#3 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 08:55 AM

wtf??? omg!!!! how the hell did that happen?? jeez. when i said a while back that she deserves a break i meant TIME, not a broken LEG!!!
#4 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 09:16 AM

((((Pan)))))

Poor mama. Sending strength & healing vibes ----->
#5 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 09:34 AM

Ooooo, oouuuuuuuuchhhh. Healing vibes for sure! Here ya go

kelli
#6 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

sorry my original post was so cryptic and with so many typos. i was uploading photos and for some reason the program affects my keyboard (apparently, every other letter).

anyway...i dont know if she is still in the hospital, but she went in Monday after falling down a flight of stairs. her dh said she broke her leg in at least 3 places.

i just feel so badly. i hope she wont mind me sharing with you guys but i have been missing her since she went on vacation and just checked my yahoo email (where the coop mail goes to) and saw the message.

poor Shana. i wonder how the babe is doing. im going to try to email her and see if she may be home. ill update if i hear back.

rach
#7 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 09:47 AM

Oh my gosh, poor mama!
#8 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 10:08 AM

Shana, if you read this, sending good thoughts and healing energy your way.
#9 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 10:11 AM

Shana - omg! heal quickly!!

Rach - thanks for letting us know.
#10 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 10:32 AM

Oh, a flight of stairs... One of my worst fears.

: Take care Shana.
#11 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 10:56 AM

Oh, feel better soon!!! :

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#12 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 11:09 AM

shana, i am so sorry to hear this! i hope you feel better very soon!

healing thoughts to you!!!
#13 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 11:25 AM

Ohhh...Shana take care.
#14 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 02:31 PM

Oh no! Heal quickly and feel better
#15 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 02:43 PM

take care, mama!
#16 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 04:30 PM

Oh, so sorry to hear this! Heal quickly!
#17 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 05:35 PM

Awww this thread made me cry. Thank you so much, my sweet DDCers!

I just got back last night from being in 3 hospitals since Monday. My family and I rented a beach house for a week in the middle of nowhere, and we were there only 1 day when I tripped on the funky stairs there and landed on my left leg. I heard and felt a snap, screamed, and knew immediately I'd broken my leg even though I've never broken a bone before. I stayed really calm because I didn't want to freak my 2 yr old out. The ambulance came and took me to the nearest small-town clinic where they saw one break. They sent me to Santa Rosa in an ambulance, in an excruciating 2 hour ride with winding roads and bumps. The ambulance guy was super nice and we talked the whole time. He's my new boyfriend (don't tell DH ).

In Santa Rosa they gave me some pain meds and I had an adverse reaction where my stomach hurt like hell and I sweated profusely, but when I complained, one of the nurses told me not to whine. I don't remember the next day except them telling me I broke my leg in 2 places and I would have to be transferred to Stanford Hospital. At Stanford, I found out I had shattered my ankle and broke my fibula and tibula, and that I will need surgery to put in pins, rods, and plates. I'm having surgery on Monday after the swelling goes down. I'm on 4 pain meds, a stool softener, and a shot my husband has to give me in my belly so I don't get blood clots. I can use a walker for very small distances (hop, hop), and I'm using my 2 yr old DS's potty. Otherwise I have to lay here with my foot above my heart. My leg hasn't even been set yet, and I'm in a temporary cast.

The nurses at Stanford were incredible, and though the hospital wouldn't let my baby stay with me, they brought me a pump and helped me pump. I had to fight the doctors about pumping due to the meds, but the Lac consultant and my baby's ped told me it was ok.

I'm not feeling great, so I hope this made sense and wasn't too long.

Thank you for all of your good thoughts and wishes. I feel like if it wasn't me who broke my leg, it could have been one of my kids or my DH, and for them I'll take anything.
#18 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

wow Pan..that is some break...i just cant even imagine. im so sorry your family vacation got messed up. how crappy they had unsafe stairs.

sounds like you are in pain. what a mama to pump while on 4 pain meds!! that is incredible...most mamas woudl have just given formula and rested.

life just sucks sometimes. good to hear from you though. sending you wishes for a safe and quick surgery on Monday.

and Michelle, as always, you are such a ham!
#19 of 54 Old 06-16-2006, 06:18 PM

AWWWWW, you poor thing! Sounds so painful and rough to be away from your baby.

's to you!!!!!!

LOL! about the ambulance driver being your new boyfriend.

about the nurse who told you to stop whining.

I'm sending lots and lots of healing vibes your way mama!

Mamas really will do anything to protect their families huh? Even falling down a rickety old staircase!

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#20 of 54 Old 06-17-2006, 01:39 AM

Oh my that sounds horrible! I hope you heal quickly, good luck with the upcoming surgery.
#21 of 54 Old 06-17-2006, 04:55 AM

aww, you poor thing!! We'll be thinking about your and sending you many healing vibes!!

Desiree

#22 of 54 Old 06-17-2006, 03:58 PM

I'm in so much pain today, I just want to cry! I'm also doped up on Valium so I kind of want to laugh at the whole thing too...

They said I'll be in a cast for 4 months and won't be able to bear weight on that leg for that long. I'm trying to picture going about my daily life with the baby and my 2 year old, and I just don't see how it's possible. I might have to make my 14 yr old DD stay home from the camps and fun programs I had set up for her this summer. She's already learning to wear the baby in the Mei Tai.

Good thing I didn't join the Y to lose weight. Speaking of which, I lost 15 lbs in a week!! I guess pain will do a lot to your appetite. And the walker really makes me use my arm and stomach muscles, so the tummy flab is firming up quickly. Look at the positive side, right? *sigh*

You know you've been a good mother when your 14 yr old DD stays with you the whole time at the hospital, sleeping on the floor at night, helping you pee into the bedside commode, snuggling carefully with you in your hospital bed during the day, and getting anything you need when you need it. People commented on what an amazing girl she is. *cry*
#23 of 54 Old 06-17-2006, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

wow Pan. i am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain. you would think the medicine would work. hmmm....

amazing to hear about your dd though. its great to see how they "really" feel huh? maybe this will bring the 2 of you closer together.

and try to get some rest

not how i would recommend losing 15 lbs. but hey, i wish i could do that (without the breakign the leg part! lol!).

rach
#24 of 54 Old 06-17-2006, 11:22 PM

oh i am so sorry i didn't have thoughts for you earlier, i just found this.

That really sucks but your optimism makes me smile, and i hope to have such a positive outlook like that. I've broken 9 bones so i know it can suck. But never a leg bone wow that must be so tough. amazing about your daughter it brought tears to my eyes.

my thoughts are with you now. and hey my dh broke all the bones in his foot (although he didn't have to have pins) and he just walked on it b/c he got sick of the cast and it healed really fast. Same with my elbow. I just used my arm(mucking stalls and the like, heavy work), and in two weeks i had full range of motion and almost complete strength back. the physical therapists was amazed. (although your injuries sound a little worse so you might not want to push it....to much at least.)

courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#25 of 54 Old 06-17-2006, 11:50 PM

I'm sorry you hurt yourself Pan! That royally SUCKS!!! Your dd does sound like a truly amazing daughter.
I hope you have a successful surgery on Monday and a quick (as possible) recovery Panthira! : : :
#26 of 54 Old 06-18-2006, 03:42 AM

Thanks, my daughter IS amazing! I'm very lucky to have her...

I broke a toe before, so I guess I have technically broken a bone before. The same toe several times, but just worked through it and it hurt but it was no big deal.
This time though, my ankle is shattered, and by shattered I mean I have bone fragments and not much of solid bone left there. When I pick up my leg to move it down near the floor to use the walker, I feel things shifting unpleasantly in there with clunk and clicks. They basicaly have to rebuild my ankle using stainless steel pins, rods, and plates. I can't put weight on my leg at all or I could cause more bone to splinter off.

Forgive my ramblings. I'm getting kind of sick of the drugs they have me on. I sleep all day. Oxycodone , Tyl 3, Valium especially. Want to sleep again.

Mostlhy, I'm looking for advice on how I'm going to raise the kids daily. DH has to go t=back to work in a week. They said I'll be in a lot of pain for several weeks. No weight bearing. Do I just not leave the house? Yuck! We live in a two story too.
#27 of 54 Old 06-18-2006, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

while your dh is home, get him to set up beds downstairs. i dont see any other way you can do this after he goes to work. if you cant get the mattresses downstairs to a particular room, then get air mattresses to sleep on. its a good thing its summer so you will have your dd's help. with what you have said, i doubt she will be going far from your side when you get out of surgery.
after my 2nd c/s (so not the same that you are experiencing right now and prob. a piece of cake compared to your pain), they wouldnt let me climb stairs and we lived in a 3 story house. i had to convert the living room into our bedrooom for a month. my dh actually brought the entire bed down into the living room. i hated it b/c im OCD and it was just not in "its place" but its what we had to do.
let us know what you need to work through. we are here for you Pan! im so sorry you are going through this.
#28 of 54 Old 06-19-2006, 10:24 AM

:bighug

Oh you poor thing! Sending love & light to you & your family. being broken and doing ki8d care is no fun. do you have help?

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#29 of 54 Old 06-19-2006, 11:03 AM

Going in today for surgery. Scared. No help except my husband and DD. Thanks for the thoughts and wishes!

ETA: We have a guest bedroom downstairs, thank goodness. It's been ok down here, except isolation from the rest of the house. Still, I'm very grateful!
#30 of 54 Old 06-19-2006, 11:21 AM

oh wow...i'm thinking of you today, pan...: can you hire extra help while you recover? i'm sure your DD will be a great help, but even more would be better...:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page