heading off for vacation next week - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-16-2006, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay! I'm really looking forward to our family vacation this summer. Next week we're taking off for Vermont for a week. Friends of ours (they have a 3mo baby boy) are getting married so that'll be nice. And we're staying at the same cottage where we stayed for our honeymoon...ahh the memories, it seems only yesterday - well not really! It's hard to believe that was 7yrs ago, now!

Anyway, the part of the trip we're really excited (and a little nervous, to be honest) about is afterwards we're heading down to New York City for a few days. I'm nervous only because the apt we're staying at is a 30min train from Grand Central so I just hope Simon is ok for a couple of full days in the city.

The things I'm hopeful for:
~ it's not unbearably hot/humid (we'll be wearing Simon the whole time),
~ I don't get really sore walking all day (my hips have been bothering me),
~ we can find comfy places to nurse and change Simon,
~ last but not least: the car ride is without major incident (it's about 15hrs drive in total, Simon's longest trip yet. I'm just glad I figured out how to nurse him while dh is driving ).

Otherwise, it'll be great to see some old friends and do a little shopping!

Anyone else planning to go away for a vacation this summer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-16-2006, 10:31 PM

Good luck with negotiating NYC with the babe. You guys will do great. I wonder if you could post in the NY tribal area on MDC seeking tips for good kid-friendly/nursing places?

We are leaving for Syria (dh's country) in a week, for a 3 week trip. We'll be spending most of our time in Damascus but may make a trip to the Mediterranean Sea. I've been to Syria a few times before and it's such an amazing country. This will be the first time (in 8 years of marriage!!) that dh and I make a trip there together.

I am excited but kind of nervous, too. No chance of it not being ridiculously hot, LOL, and it's a conservative country, so I'll be wearing long sleeved shirts, pants and long skirts the whole time!! Oh well. Maybe I'll sweat off some baby weight.

It will be great to see dh's family and introduce them to ds. It will be so awesome to have his family fawn over him And the food is SOOOOO good

I will miss you guys, though. I won't have much internet access while I'm there. Can you say withdrawal??
#3 of 3 Old 06-16-2006, 11:53 PM

is there no way you can take the train from where you will be? we are going down to NYC at the end of June and i just take the train from Boston to NYC. its so much easier than driving, and with the price of gas, not that much more expensive (if you are going to be in VT first...dont konw where Amtrack goes there).
im not sure about nursing in NYC. im not even sure about the laws. i should try to find that before we go but if you are carrying him, try to practice nursing in the sling. i have only been doing that for about a week with E but i got tired of taking him out of the MT so i forced myself to nurse him while in the MT. kind of weird for me b/c i never nursed him while he was upright before, but it works with a little practice.
get a pair of Crocs! i know they are ugly but they are so comfortable and you wont worry about the crap on the street getting on your shoes b/c you can clean them so easily.
have a great vacation..we dont have any plans this summer b/c well..we don't. but i have family with an apt. in NYC and get to escape there every month or so. due to my preg. and Hurricane Katrina (family lives in N.O.), i havent been there since Sept. i miss it so much!
are you staying in the city? we are going to be there the last week of June i think.
have fun!
rach

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page