Back Carry!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-22-2006, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, thanks spiralmg for the inspiration to get DS on my back with my wrap. I've done it twice before, but I've always had help. I've been sort of intimidated by the idea/procrastinating/telling myself I want to get a MT 'cuz it will be easier, etc. Anyway, reading Linda's advice in another post this morning I decided to just go for it. IT WORKED! I was able to wrap him up on my own... it took a while, but the front wrap used to take a while, too, and now it's a snap... so I think with practice this will get easier. Anyway, DS was happy in there for about 30 minutes, and then wanted to nurse (which he can do if he's on my front). I got a few pics just because I was so excited. They're a bit funky because I'm taking them in a mirror...

We did it!
A bit blurry but I was trying to get a good back view...
Can we go, mama?
#2 of 6 Old 06-22-2006, 03:36 PM

Hooray!!! *applause*
#3 of 6 Old 06-22-2006, 03:51 PM

woohhoo! you da mama!!!!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#4 of 6 Old 06-22-2006, 06:51 PM

Yay Jeanne! You're an inspiration to me. I've done the back carry with the onbu and podaegi, but I haven't worked up the courage to try it with my homemade org. jersey wrap. Thanks for posting those great pix!
#5 of 6 Old 06-22-2006, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnaturalmama
Yay Jeanne! You're an inspiration to me. I've done the back carry with the onbu and podaegi, but I haven't worked up the courage to try it with my homemade org. jersey wrap. Thanks for posting those great pix!
My thoughts exactly.

Well, now that I've inspired you you've totally inspired me too. I have not mastered the wrap back carry, but just received a gorgeous blue Didymos from a friend...so let's see if I can figure it out too!
#6 of 6 Old 06-22-2006, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralmg
My thoughts exactly.

Well, now that I've inspired you you've totally inspired me too. I have not mastered the wrap back carry, but just received a gorgeous blue Didymos from a friend...so let's see if I can figure it out too!
Hey, I just picked up a blue Didy on TBW. Maybe we can be "twinkies" and help each other out on Monday! PM me and we can firm up plans.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page