Victoria's Secret Nationwide Nurse-In - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-23-2006, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In case anyone hasn't heard yet....it's for next Saturday, July 1st at 1pm your local time.

Here's the thread with more details
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=472764

I'm so excited, my first nurse in. tee hee.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 06-24-2006, 05:03 PM

Ok! I posted on the Washington Mamas forum. I'd like to go, but only if I'm not the only weirdo there...
#3 of 12 Old 06-24-2006, 07:11 PM

and there is going to be one in Boston on the 29th...at 10am!!! i am SOOO there! aren't there other mamas in NE in this group!
#4 of 12 Old 06-24-2006, 07:17 PM

don't laugh at me, but I saw this thread earlier and thought, oh cool! I told dh and he asked if there was any danger of getting arrested at these things. Is it a public/private mall issue of whether there are rights?

Also, is the Boston one at Fanieul Hall?

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#5 of 12 Old 06-24-2006, 07:34 PM

the Boston one is actually at the State Capital to support pending legislation being voted on. i think they may have a VS on on the 1st at Fanieul Hall but im not sure about that yet. i would love to see legislation in mass. passed, since i am down there often and always feel very uncomfortable.
#6 of 12 Old 06-24-2006, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasbaby7
don't laugh at me, but I saw this thread earlier and thought, oh cool! I told dh and he asked if there was any danger of getting arrested at these things. Is it a public/private mall issue of whether there are rights?
From what I understand you or whoever is orgainzing the one in your area should call the mall management and let them know what is going on to see if you need permission...or a permit or something. I'm still kinda fuzzy on the details myself.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
#7 of 12 Old 06-25-2006, 01:42 AM

yeah planning has been left up to me and it is really scaring me, trying to call to get permission, and calling the media just the thought is making my stomache revolt. I just don't think i am the best for the job and i am afraid i will screw it up, i mean i don't know all of my facts i just know what i feel if i am the one that calls media and organizes it and they want to intervue me i am just afraid i won't properly represent our agenda. YKWIM? I know how I FEEL, but all the facts only half reside in my head.

courtney

who the heck do you call to get permission for a public demonstration.

off to the proper thread, everytime i try to post i get told that the server is to busy. so i am still not subscribed. I really wish someone with more experience would do this...but i guess everyone has to start somewhere.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#8 of 12 Old 06-27-2006, 05:25 PM

we are just going to 'happen' to be at VS and just 'happen' to bf our babies. this isn't about chanting, locking arms or getting drug off by the mob squad...it's about showing that NIP is natural. the more ppl. who NIP, the more accustomed the 'public' will be to seeing bf and hopefully the more accepting they will be!
stnking typos

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#9 of 12 Old 06-27-2006, 09:21 PM

sorry about my post re: the Boston nurse-in. that has actually been cancelled due to the VS one...they are focusing their efforts!
#10 of 12 Old 06-27-2006, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
we are just going to 'happen' to be at VS and just 'happen' to bf our babies. this isn't about chanting, locking arms or getting drug off by the mob squad...it's about showing that NIP is natural. the more ppl. who NIP, the more accustomed the 'public' will be to seeing bf and hopefully the more accepting they will be!
YEP! That's what I am going to do too........I dont think anyone else will show but who cares. LOL

Desiree

#11 of 12 Old 06-27-2006, 10:33 PM

It's DS' 3rd birtday party that day, otherwise I'd so be NIP-ing at my crappy little mall's VS! I'd prolly be the only one there. I live in such a conservative area.

Oh well, I'll get in the spirit anyway and whip out a boob at the petting zoo!
#12 of 12 Old 06-28-2006, 11:00 AM

If anyone would like to get involved but can't be there, you can send out the press release to local media and call other bf moms of contact your LLL!

Have a great NURSE IN!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page