Cool beans! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-24-2006, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just got back from a geeky physics conference at a swanky resort. I brought DS with me to the conference and nursed him through the sessions, breakout sessions, business meetings, banquets, etc. You get the picture. DD stayed home with DH, so many people assumed that DS was my first.

The wife of Big Shot Physicist commented in the elevator that she loved to see a sling baby around.

At dinner I was nursing and she came up to me with her two boys (~6 and 9 maybe?) and told me that nursing a baby is the best thing, and if you nurse them past 6 months you'll likely nurse until they're three. "The easiest 'terrible twos' on the planet."

"Yeah, my daughter nursed until I was 30 weeks pregnant with E when she was over 3."

Oh, and FYI: Nursing at elevation in a desert while jet lagged somehow results in a newborn pooping pattern. If you do end up in such a situation, pack extra diapers, wipes, and onsies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 06-25-2006, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL at the last bit.

how cool that their were so many supportive people around. Does nursing during the threes make it easier, because my daughter two was easy but boy oh boy three can be tough.

courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#3 of 8 Old 06-25-2006, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

I agree. The 2s were a breeze. 3 was really, really tough. Now that DD is almost 4 it's a breeze again.

Most of the time when I nurse, most people don't realize it. For whatever reason this time, though, E was slurping *loudly* (enough that people in the back rows would giggle) so people knew. I also got lots of "wow, I didn't know you could drink coffee!"
#4 of 8 Old 06-25-2006, 02:15 PM

That's awesome Wendy!!

I've actually often heard that 3's for attachment parented kids can be rough.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#5 of 8 Old 06-25-2006, 07:13 PM

Julian is 3 and still nursing 5-6x a day, I think it has made 3 easier than it would be without it, but 3 is still really hard. 1000 times harder than 2. He'll be 3.5 next month and it's actually starting to get easier, thank goodness.
#6 of 8 Old 06-25-2006, 07:34 PM

Good note about the pooping! We are going to colorado for three weeks in July and I was wondering if it would affect anything - I'll keep my eye out!

#7 of 8 Old 06-25-2006, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starparticle
Good note about the pooping! We are going to colorado for three weeks in July and I was wondering if it would affect anything - I'll keep my eye out!
Holy crap, yeah!

My supply is clearly higher than his needs now, so I'm figuring he nursed a lot more in response to the altitude (I had a killer headache as soon as I got to 8000' -- too soon to be dehydration) and low humidity. I also offered anytime he made a peep because I didn't want him to bother people around me.
#8 of 8 Old 06-26-2006, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz
Holy crap, yeah!

When my niece was 3, she had a T-shirt with a yellow construction-type sign on it that said "Warning: I'm 3". I thought that was so appropriate!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page