Originally Posted by LittleLlama
Ok, I was thinking about this and decided to suck it up and give some real help with acceptance.
- beneath a big breast is like having a secret compartment, I can put chapstick there when I'm at the pool
- your waistline will always be a mystery (a wonderful thing for us with mummy tummy)
- a great excuse to get new clothes and have them altered JUST for your figure
- everyone's jealous that your "cup runneth over"
- if you fell off a boat, you'd have less work to keep yourself afloat
- Your "weather indicators" are just that much more obvious.
- you never have to look at where your belt is notched... because I know I can't even see mine!
- since they're filled with milk, they're always a great reason to go for Ben & Jerry's
okay, so i've become a bit of an expert on boobs and bras lately so here goes...i'm a 36 I or J so i think i have you all beat!
i recently ordered 8, yes 8, bras from http://www.birthandbaby.com/
(found the link from the honkin huge boobas tribe in FYT) i ordered that many in different sizes, models and companies. i found the one i wanted, then returned the rest. i'm actually going into their store tonight for a customized fitting. we happen to be driving through the podunk town in eastern washington where they are based. these women have been so helpful and are even coming in about 9pm to help me.
i have been wearing a fancee free since reed's birth and honestly, i hate it. i ordered it from breakout bras. i heard such great things but it totally didn't hold it's shape and my boobs hang almost as low as they would without a bra. fyi - fancee free bras are notorious for having extra long straps, so you may need to take them in by at least 2-3 inches for each strap. i also find it scratchy, even though it's a soft cotton. the part that stays on your boob when you let down the nursing flap gives me plugged ducts very often because it is so tight even though the actual cup is too loose.
my absolute favorite (perfect for those of you with big boobs, or pendulous breasts like me) is the jeunique. i am amazed at how it totally lifts you and makes you perky again. they look super-pointy when you first try it on, so don't let that scare you off. after washing and wearing it conforms to your shape. but man, i haven't seen my boobs look like that in years!!! i am a convert!
i tried on the following bras in case you have questions:
Goddess 511 - very soft and comfy, but was the wrong size. it reminded me too much of the fancee free so i was afraid i wouldnt like it too.
The Jeunique Bra J30 - the lace is really scratchy, ick
Smoothie 327 - i freakin' love this bra, but they don't make it in my size. i think they do make it up to an h cup though. it's smooth and comfy and waaay supportive.
Confidante 300 - this is what i went with. not beautiful, but definitely supportive. worth every cent i paid.
i also had considered a lift because they are so hangy. i don't know that i need to now that i got the jeunique bra!