Jan. 2006 mamas??? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 182 Old 05-03-2005, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Emily - Thanks for putting the list together! I'm due on Jan 5th, if you don't mind updating my info on the list.

I'm still so very tired, sleeping that dreamless but not entirely restful sleep that I remember from DD's pregnancy. I must pee every hour or so, am just starting to get that familiar all-day-sickness, and have a super-powered nose. I just got back from the park with dd, and I could smell the chicken sandwiches being eaten at a picnic table across the field, unfortunately for my stomach. I was hungry, but the smell of that chicken was not treating me well. I'm starting to believe I might actually be pregnant...

I've been researching freestanding birthing centers & homebirth options. Unfortunately, while our insurance does cover some LM's who attend homebirths, none of them will attend a homebirth on the island we live on...So, it's a ferry ride to the big city to get to a birthing center, or we'll have to pay out of pocket for a homebirth. I've been dreaming of a homebirth, but I'm not sure we can afford to spend over $4,000 on one (for prenatal care plus the birth). Strangely, I'm OK with that - I think because my experience at the birthing center for dd's birth was so positive. We've got consultations scheduled with 2 birth center midwives next week, and I'm excited to meet them.
#122 of 182 Old 05-03-2005, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

My Dr. is the one who "got us pregnant" I heard she was a great fertility dr., and at my orientation I heard that she helped a woman labor, and tried to let her labor naturally (24 hours and 9.5 cm dil). The lady finally had a c-section since her baby was transverse. Dr. did an external version that didn't work. She seems to be compentent enough to let mom's body do it's thing.

I am printing out my list and going over it with Dr. next Monday .
#123 of 182 Old 05-03-2005, 06:50 PM
SMR

I still haven't called to schedule an appointment with a midwife yet. I sent an extensive email full of questions and the midwife I emailed breifly with last month (before I was preggers) was (naturally) on vacation and will be til the 9th. So, I forwarded my questions to someone else and she has answered a few of them.. but I'm kind of waiting for the answers before scheduling an appt.. just to see how I feel with the answers. Even though it seems that if I want to deliver in a hospital, with a midwife and be somewhat local.. I'll have no choice but to go with the UofM ones.. so far they seem really good. My favorite is they don't put a limit on the number of people you can have present for the delivery!! She said they've had 12 before!! So, that's cool!! They also have some rooms with tubs, do waterbirth with some restrictions - so it seems as if they aren't 'doctorish' midwives! I did not like the answer about being induced after two weeks late.. what do you guys think about that? I have the date of conception pretty well pinpointed so hopefully the baby will come out before then anyway.. but I really just hate the way our culture wants to GET THE BABY OUT even if it's not time yet!! So, i'm kind of babbling now... hehee

Emily! Great due date list!! Sweet!!!

I'm feeling a little queasy today.. breasts are hurting like 'normal' again! and I took a nap after work! YIPPEE! I'm starting to feel so lazy though.. not getting the housework done, not grocery shopping! Lucky for me.. our friends are having us over for dinner tonight!! MMMMMM Normally I love to cook.. but for the past week, I'm just like Meh?! Lazy I tell you!!
OH, and I've LOST like 6 pounds since we found out about the pregnancy too!! Anyone else LOSING weight?? I don't have a huge appetite, but I don't think I'm eating less than normal really... hmmm Though for the last couple days, I've been feeling really hungry - so the appetite seems to be improving!

My boss (who is AWESOME!) mentioned today that we'll need to talk about what I intend to do after the baby is born. Like how long for maternity leave and will I even be returning!?? I work around 35 hours a week now.. and the job is awesome.. I mean, there is no better job out there (unless I was taking photo's for a living working for myself!) it's flexible and my boss is a real person.. understanding and all that. I think what i'd like to do is see about being able to do some work at home and maybe go into the office once a week or so.. All I know is that I mainly want to be a SAHM.. so if I work at all it has to be super flexible and very minimal hours. It's a small office though.. there are only 3 of us, so she needs the people IN the office. So, I'm kind of going to leave it up to her.. and hopefully she'll keep my on super part time! Cause we can surely use the money! hehe :LOL

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
#124 of 182 Old 05-03-2005, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Shannon-- I am not sure if I am losing weight, but I am not gaining. I was about 240 before I got pregnant, and I am 244 now. I don't think I have gained 4 pounds, I just think I had stopped looking at the scale before I got preggers .
#125 of 182 Old 05-03-2005, 08:13 PM

I don't know either! I don't own a scale. I'm pretty sure I was around 160, but I'm not sure what I am now.

I haven't found a midwife, or an OB yet. :

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#126 of 182 Old 05-03-2005, 08:23 PM

Got the today! This will be our second and we're so very excited! I'm so glad to have better "natural" support this time around and I think I should make it through the HG (hyperemesis gravitarum -- severe vomiting) better this time, should it appear...
Will be looking for positive support and willing to offer lots of the same! :
Beth with Sylvie 9/03 and #2 edd 1/10/06
#127 of 182 Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Beth! i will add you to the list
#128 of 182 Old 05-04-2005, 10:10 AM

I think I've lost a little weight, also don't have a scale at home. Appetite comes and goes - most of the time most things look gross to me, and I can't stand kitchen odors, but then I get a craving for:

*Cherry Coke
*Czech fried cheese
*Chicken sandwiches : (I am usually a strict vegetarian, but have now secretly consumed 3 of these horrid things, and please don't tell DH, he would consider it a form of infidelity!)

please excuse the expression, but this kid has some seriously "white trash" tastes!!! Andrej was into lemons and croissants and borek, a Balkan cheese pie.

Also I've got "dropsy" like the last time: I'm constantly dropping things, am often tired or dizzy and sleep up to 12 hours a day.

oh no, Andrej woke up. More later!
#129 of 182 Old 05-04-2005, 09:41 PM

hi i haven't had time to read this whole thread but i want to introduce myself first. i have a son who was born on christmas. i think this one will be born in january. oops! having a xmas baby was actually awesome. it was so special. my symptoms are having to pee all the time and needing to sleep more. we are nursing and cosleeping still. i am going with the flow on those things but i distract the heck out of him before nursing. he loves nursing so i'm sure he wont wean any time soon. last time we had a natural birth in a hospital, but next time i hope i can have a midwife. i'm looking into it now. ok well thanks for listening. i just had to tell someone

off to read the posts...
#130 of 182 Old 05-04-2005, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Nichole, Emily, and all the new ppl!

We got a King size bed from freecycle.org!!!!!! I am so stoked! This will make co-sleeping a breeze!!!! We have a queen which we are trading to a friend for use of his truck

Nichole-- I ws born in December, my brother on Christmas. My mom remembers being pissed because she had planned this beautiful Christmas, and she got contractions at like three in the morning, and made us open our presents early. We were 3 and 2 and just wanted to go back to sleep!

I wish I could have a midwife or unattended birth. We live 1 1/2 hours from the nearest hospital, and I am not willing to risk my baby's health for either a midwife assisted or unassisted birth. We will be staying with my husband's grandmother for the last two or three weeks. That way, I can labor in a familiar bed until I feel the need to go to the hospital. We shall see. Maybe this baby will come during Christmas break
#131 of 182 Old 05-05-2005, 09:17 AM

ozzyemm..that is cool. we were living away from family so i had bought some steaks to have for xmas. at like 3am, i woke up my husband to make them b/c we weren't going to be home for dinner. they were really good steaks and went great with eggs. ha, way better than ice chips :LOL then i tried to open presents but couldn't concentrate b/c of my contractions.

i don't believe hospital births are necessarily bad. i planned a lot and was able to go natural and they had bf consultants that helped a lot. the only thing i regret is not being able to go home right away and not being able to rest b/c they kept checking our vitals or came in with a question every hour!
#132 of 182 Old 05-05-2005, 09:27 AM

hi nichole.

well nausea finally started for me,, breast tnederness especially when DD latches on. Oh nichole I don't think DD will wean anytime soon either. DD laughed this morning well i was throwing up in the toilet I think she thought i was spitting or something as we had been brushing our teeth. brushing my teeth is really hard well pragnant b/c it 8 times out of ten makes me get sick. Then that sort of nullify's the whole teeth just being cleaned. PLus you aren't supposed to brush your teeth right after getting sick b/c it rubs the acid into the teeth and destroys enamel. Ok sorry for the dentist lesson.

I had a really weird dream last night. DD fell out of a cruise ship window I jumped in to save her then birthed the new baby in the ocean, so two went in three came out. Hmmm.

Courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#133 of 182 Old 05-05-2005, 09:16 PM

Hello all,

My name is Emily (it looks like there are several of us) and I just got a positive pregnancy test yesterday. My husband and I have been trying for seven months and this month I stopped charting because I was obsessing over everything too much and I thought that might be hampering our efforts, and it worked! Or something did anyway

So according to my LMP I should be due January 9th. I have an appointment with a CNM on May 31, at 8 weeks. There are actually three midwives who share call ... I talked to them way back when we first started trying and had my annual exam there so I already have met two of the three. I'm going to give birth at a hospital that has birthing tubs and plan to at least labor in the tub, but I guess we'll see how I feel when we get to that point.

So anyway, I'm looking forward to sharing this experience of being pregnant with all of you. I know it will make me feel better to be able to talk to other people who are going through the same thing, especially since this is my first time!
#134 of 182 Old 05-05-2005, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Emily-- Welcome! You're right, I believe you are the third Emily to be due in January!!! This will be my first baby as well. I will add your name to the "We're Due" list on this board. Congratulations!
#135 of 182 Old 05-06-2005, 09:42 AM

hi Emily the thrid nice to have you here and congratualations.That's funny it happened after you stopped trying. That's what happened to DH and I. well we weren't charting just NTNP and I was getting really upset/depressed everymonth when my period came. I told DH that we had to stop NTNP and just Prevent. Well we stopped just a little bit late. He he he.

Courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#136 of 182 Old 05-06-2005, 04:15 PM
SMR

Hey everyone!
I just got my first midwife appt scheduled!
June 3 at 1pm! YIPPPEEE!! I'll be 10 weeks by then, so hopefully there will be a strong little heart beating in there!! But now I have to wait 4 more agonizing paranoid weeks to find out if my lil' bean is alive and well!!!

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
#137 of 182 Old 05-06-2005, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Shannon-- My appt. is Monday, and I keep pushing my belly to see if it is getting bigger, and then I freak, because what if I pushed my baby's placenta off the uterus??? And I am a doula!!! I feel like such a dork! Whenever moms would tell me they were afraid they might miscarry, I would think to myself, either you do or ya don't. Why worry? Well, now I know how it feels, and I want a window into my uterus to see if my baby is okay

Anyway, good luck on your appt!
#138 of 182 Old 05-06-2005, 09:09 PM

Hello Everyone,

I am Jenny and found out yesterday that I am expecting baby #2 in January (I think!?!) I am still nursing my 10 month old dd 5-6 times a day and have not yet had a period since she was born, so I am unsure of my due date. I will have to let you know after I go to the Dr on the 24th. I was so sure that the test was going to come out negative! I took the test and went to fold laundry and came back and saw two lines. I went right out, bought a different brand and tested again...sure enough another positive. My DH is so excited and so am I. I am really concerned about my daughter weaning, and having two kids!!! Nice to meet everyone and hope we all have a happy, healthy 9 months together!
#139 of 182 Old 05-06-2005, 10:06 PM

Welcome Jenny! For right now, we share a due date!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#140 of 182 Old 05-06-2005, 11:27 PM

Wow Jenny, that is awesome! I wasn't quite ready when ds was 10 months, but I was 2 months later and was sooo hoping to just get pregnant without ever having a period. Of course period didn't come til he was 16 mo, and then it took another 4 or so. I know, could've been worse.. Anyways, congrats and welcome!

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06) trying to figure out what to do after 5 losses
#141 of 182 Old 05-07-2005, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BohoMama
I
Also I've got "dropsy" like the last time: I'm constantly dropping things, am often tired or dizzy and sleep up to 12 hours a day.
Same here I drop, cut, burn, bump into and bruise everything on my body this past week. Also feeling a bit more tired, but hey I have a 13 month old I am alwways tired lol

Terri
#142 of 182 Old 05-08-2005, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

OMG!!! I just had the craziest phone call!!! Okay, DH and I stay with his grandma every weekend, to take her shopping, etc. Anyway, she was talking on the phone to her daughter (Lora) who lives overseas, just normal stuff, they talk each week. ANYWAY, Lora's daughter (7) got on the phone to talk to grandma. She wished grandma happy Mother's day and asked if I was a mother???!!!! I haven't told ANYBODY yet!! Grandma says no, she's not, and the little girl says "Well, does she have a baby in her tummy???" WTF??? Grandma, laughing says "Nooo..." Well, after that i talked to Lora, becauyse she is infertile, and has gone through the whole TTC thing (kids are adopted), and has really been praying for me and has felt a shared bond, because I needed help to get pregnant. I told her my story about the different drugs the dr. had put me on and the time frame of ovulation, etc., and then i said " and now I am pregnant!" She was so excited for me and shocked. And then she said "My daughter was right!" And i said" I almost started crying when she said that!!" It was so crazy!
#143 of 182 Old 05-09-2005, 04:22 PM

Hi - I am pregnant and due January 3rd. Not too many symptoms yet - nipples sore and feel lazy/tired and scatter brained.

This is my 2nd pregnancy. When I found out with the 1st pregnancy it was because I was sick. Feels strange to feel good in 1st trimester.

Congrats to all you other mommies!!

Alicia
#144 of 182 Old 05-09-2005, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Alicia!! We are glad you are here! Do you not have morning sickness? I am feeling queasy, but I think I am nervous for my appt this afternoon! Please, tell us more about yourself, and get to know the other threads in this forum
#145 of 182 Old 05-09-2005, 05:55 PM

Welcome Alicia! I'm not feeling any morning sickness either! The queasy part seems to be a weak stomach type of thing. For instance, my oldest sneezed and I caught her wiping her nose on her sleeve. (no big deal really, gross.. but hey, I'm a mom of 2 ya know? LOL) I saw her sleeve and there was that glisten of snot on it... and OMG, I started dry heaving right there! It was all I could do to point and say, "Go! wipe.. it ... off!" :LOL

She of course thought it was hysterically funny.

#146 of 182 Old 05-09-2005, 07:57 PM

Alicia- Same here, with my 1st I was so sick, and this being my 2nd, I keep wondering if I'm even pregnant.

I went to the dr. today for spotting that has lasted a week. It was fairly light, but I was getting really nervous, and since my first appt. wasn't until June 2nd, she decided to have me come in today. Did blood tests, and will do more Wed. but she thought everything else looked pretty good.
#147 of 182 Old 05-09-2005, 10:12 PM

From all the moms I have talked to that remember -- their morning sickness started around 7-8 weeks.

One thing that happened to me tonight --- nursing my 3 year old to sleep - I thought I was going to cry from the pain. Hate to think about weening -- but oh my!!!

More about me --- stay at home mom - live outside atlanta - still nursing and sleeping with my three year old. Been trying for 6 months to get pregnant. (Got pregnant the first time we tried with ethan.) So we are so excited to finally be pregnant.

Peace -- Alicia
#148 of 182 Old 05-09-2005, 11:47 PM

I have ALL DAY SICKNESS, rather than morning sickness. I'm not having any vomiting, just a horrible feeling all day. My breasts are SO much more sore this time around. I had this with both my other sons, but not this bad. This past week has been really bad. Must be that 7 week mark or something
#149 of 182 Old 05-10-2005, 09:15 AM

#150 of 182 Old 05-10-2005, 10:11 AM

Faint positive this morning!!!! I'm going to try the mind over body for the morning sickness :LOL Actually I didn't get it until around 7 or 8 weeks last time and I think my levels rise very slowly. I'm already several days late and only a faint line - my only 'symptom' is the bundle of nerves I have from being so excited!!!

Congrats to all the rest and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page