Jan. 2006 mamas??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 182 Old 04-19-2005, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got the today!!! Anyone else due in January???

I am a first time MOM and would love advice, etc. i am also a doula, so I do know what labor is like
#2 of 182 Old 04-19-2005, 08:06 PM

I am waiting to test on Saturday, but figure that [/B]IF[B] I am, I would be due on Jan 1.........

Have a happy and healthy nine months!
#3 of 182 Old 04-20-2005, 11:36 AM

I just got a yesterday! So that makes me due around the middle of january 2006. This is my 5th pregnancy, three ended in early miscarriages because i have low progesterone, and one was a molar pregnancy. This time i have started the progesterone early! Keeping my fingers crossed!
#4 of 182 Old 04-20-2005, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mamatojade-- I am keeping my : for ya!!! Also, lots of your way!!!
aminah-- congrats on your !!!! Lots of for you .
I will be praying for you guys!!!
#5 of 182 Old 04-21-2005, 03:08 PM

I am "due" December 27th.. but my babes bake another two weeks so I'm thinking sometime early january. I'm 4 weeks 4 days today!

Tam
#6 of 182 Old 04-21-2005, 03:38 PM

I'm set for somewhere between Dec 25 and Jan 4. My cycle is kinda screwy so it's hard to tell exactly.
#7 of 182 Old 04-21-2005, 10:34 PM

I just found out today!!!! Guessing that I'm due early January.
#8 of 182 Old 04-22-2005, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome everyone!!
Tam & Jennifer-- That's great, you are welcome here!!!

I was actually worried about having started this thread, because I just calculated my due date online and found out I am due Dec. 28, not Jan. I really want a January baby, though, because I have tons of extended family (and me, too) who were born in Dec. I want this baby to have a unique birthday!!!

So, again, welcome all MOMS .
Have you told anyone? How did you tell them?
So far, I have just told DH, my doula friend, one of my old bridesmaids, and my mentor. I haven't told my mother, and am not planning to until 3 months (June 15). We haven't told DH's parents, either.

I actually told Helen, my doula, first. I called her and asked "What if the line is REALLY faint?" She said" A line is a line! Buy a CBE and come over to test at my house!" On the way to her house, I called DH and said "I love you" and he was all confused. Then I went to the school where he works and showed him the test! He couldn't see the line because it was REALLY faint and he is colorblind . He saw the second test when I brought it over, though
#9 of 182 Old 04-22-2005, 12:06 PM
SMR

Hey everyone!
I posted how we told everyone on the December momma board... But like Ozzyemm, My due date is like the 30th... sooooo I'm thinking, first baby?? likely to go later?? and kind of hoping! as Far away from xmas as possible would be best!
So, we are super excited and freaked out and all the usual emotions!! And I thought TTC was a roller coaster... I've only known since yesterday about my BFP and already roller coastering!

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
#10 of 182 Old 04-22-2005, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

I found some websites where you can find out your due date. These sites use the same methods your Dr. will-- by estimating from your last period.

http://health.discovery.com/tools/ca...pregnancy.html

http://www.intmed.mcw.edu/clincalc/pregnancy.html

This one calculates dates like major organ formation:http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/pr...calculator.asp

This calendar tells you what to expect during pregnancy.
http://www.4woman.gov/Pregnancy/dued...bmit=Calculate
#11 of 182 Old 04-22-2005, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
congrats to all of you!
i'm from the october board, i just love seeing the new months come to life!
have a great 9 months =)

mama to 8 year old haye  and 3 year old zao

#12 of 182 Old 04-24-2005, 12:34 PM

I'm "due" December 28, but I am expecting the babe to be born in january. My son was born right on the due date I gave him (the CNM didn't believe me- so he was 3 days early according to them), but for some reason I feel like this one'll cook longer. My son Julian is 27 months old, still nursing, cosleeping, and unvaxed.
#13 of 182 Old 04-24-2005, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottmama
My son was born right on the due date I gave him
Hottmama-- did you know that your son would be a boy before U/S, or him being born? I have a gut feeling this baby is going to be a boy, but DH thinks it will be a girl .
#14 of 182 Old 04-24-2005, 03:05 PM

I had a feeling he was a boy, but I was really hoping for a girl so I tried to "think pink". I found out at my U/S. This time, I have no idea at all if it's going to be a boy or girl, and I don't really have a preference. I'd still like a girl, but my boy is SO sweet, I could deal with another like him.
I know my cycle, I don't think going from the day of LMP is valid at all. I prefer to date my pregnancy from the day I ovulated, and unfortunately medical professionals don't believe women can know exactly when they ovulate.
#15 of 182 Old 04-24-2005, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Hey, i didn't realize that we have the same due date, hottmama!! It will be interesting to see how far away we have our babies .
#16 of 182 Old 04-25-2005, 12:50 AM

Congrats to you all!! I hope I'll be officially joining you in a week or two. It's too soon to tell for sure, and I don't plan to do a HPT this time (if I can stand it!), but I am having a lot of vibrating/buzzing sensation near my uterus today - behind pubic bone and in labia area. I had the same thing when first pregnant with my DD (4 years old) so I'm thinking it's a sign. Do any of you have that symptom?

Aminah, best wishes to you!

ozzyemm, my best advice is this: only take advice from people with whose advice you agree. Seriously, though, being a doula, you have insight into pregnancy and birth that is going to be very valuable! Most women haven't even seen a vaginal birth except on TLC where they black out the actual birth and nearly every birth includes countless interventions.

Peace to you all,
Carol
#17 of 182 Old 04-25-2005, 10:59 PM

Eeeek, I'm going to tentatively join y'all over here! I will officially be due around the 27th of January, but both my boys were late(one 2 weeks, one a week) so I'm sure I will be a January mama!

Its so nice to see so many familiar faces....SMR, Ozzyemm!!! Looking forward to getting to know everyone else.

I'm still not believing I got a + this month! Unreal!
#18 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Carol-- I must say that I don't have that kind of sensation. In fact, the first symptom of pregnancy I had-- sore boobs (which I STILL have) I didn't know was a symptom of pregnancy until my doula told me! I thought I was PMSing!
#19 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 11:20 AM

Hi All! I just got that yesterday, I'm still in shock! It was our first month TTC and I thought for SURE it wouldn't happen. I still don't have any symptoms... well, I am breaking out in strange areas, and have been really gassy- are those symptoms? It's hard to believe it's true when I don't feel pregnant! I'm sure it will come, though! FF shows my die date is January 2. Whew, I'm a december baby and was hoping not to have one!

Now DH and I are thinking- what NOW!?! I thought it would take longer to concieve, so I wasn't prepared for being here just yet! I have a Dr. appt. on May 10, it's with a new doctor who can do deliveries at the hospital near me... if we decide to go that route. I'm very sceptical of doctors, and nervous about a hospital birth, but DH doesn't like the idea of homebirth, so I'm humoring him and seeing this doctor and he's agreed to meet with a few midwives.

We haven't told anyone yet, but I know it will be HARD! I personally don't mind people knowing. I'd like friends and family to be supportive if something did go wrong... KWIM? I told DH last night by writing "Daddy to be!" on a wine glass that I handed him when he came home last night. He didn't know what to think because we were both so SURE it wasn't our month. :LOL

OK, enough blabbing, it's very nice to "meet" you all!
Amina, vibes your way. Heck, as early as it is, we all could use
#20 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 11:36 AM

Hello and congratulations to everyone!!!

I got a BFP today at 10 dpo. Very light, of course, but it was positive within the limit on two different brands of test. Stick, baby, stick!!

The due date is 1/7/06.

I have a DD who's due date was 1/8/03 but wasn't born until the 20th.

I feel great right now! My main symptoms that were definitely pg and not just progesterone with DD were sore nipples from very early and swollen lymph nodes in my armpits at 12 dpo. DD is still nursing so my nipples are different. Right now I have swollen lymph nodes in my groin but not armpits.

I am so happy to be here! This has been a long time coming for us!
#21 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 12:00 PM
SMR

Congrats because and ell-bell!

I do believe those ARE symptoms of pg ell-bell!

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
#22 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Ellie and Jessica!!

Ellie-- I know what you mean! DH and i got preggers on our "first try" too! We haven't told "anyone" either. By anyone I mean that I have told my doula (before DH, because the line was SOOO faint!), one of my friends (1. because she has had a baby and might be able to sympathasize but more importanty, 2. I am doing her wedding in May, and hope to not be puking while setting up!). DH told his online friends on a bulletin board , and his best friend who happens to be my doula's husband .

Ooh, hey, my Target (Bakersfield) is clearancing its flannel baby blankets! $2.48 is cheaper than buying the flannel and yarn to put it together! I think we will all be needing TONS of blankies, since our babies will be "snowbabies" (or in my neck of the woods, "fogbabies" .
#23 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 01:13 PM

hi momma's I am due sometime between Dec & Jan. Not exactly sure. I will try those estimator links above. I just found out yesterday.

I have never had a home test be postitive with DD I found out at the dr's. But man those lines were dark pink and almost instant. I grabbed DD (25 month's) and went to were DH is wotking. she handed him the stick and said "Thank You" He didn't actually speak for a minute or two. Then he said "well you should go to the dr's tomorrow" Then 5 minutes post information he finally came and gave me a kiss. But when he came home that night he was happy. he said he was sorry for his earlier reaction he was just trying to figure things out. he says we are ging to take out a $10,000 loan on the house and fix up the house. We have three bedrooms but one is an indoor storage shed right now.

He wants a boy, i want a girl, but of course we are happy with either.
my sister sent me this
http://www.babyzone.com/features/con...&ContentID=724
it is supposed to tell you if you are having a boy or girl.

With my DD it was right, and with my other friend it was right. and with me( when i was concevied and born) it was right. so take it for what you want.

well congrats to all you other momma's and I am really excited to go through all of this with you. Maybe we can have a "race to the new year's Baby" on MDC. LOL.

Courtney

edited to add

I did that it says december 26, so maybe i don't belong on this board, but I think that might be wrong. I'll hang out here for now.

so I haven't had any symptoms, with Jewely I was constipated, and I puked constantly, my nipples were sore and tender. I am still nursing so you would think that might be more painful. maybe i should take another test. although I do have bad gas and I remember that one.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#24 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

jewelysmommy-- Please, stay here . Several of us are due the last week of Dec. I am due dec. 28, but since this is my first baby, and due dates are rarely accurate, I am betting this one will come in January .
Congrats!
#25 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 04:48 PM
SMR

I did that chinese gender chart.. I think it's right! I do believe that i'm having a girl because of the pendulum over the wrist trick and the chinese chart matches that! SWEET!!!

jewelysmommy - you should stay here! My due date is December 30.. but it's sooo close to January, that it's more likely!

#26 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 05:01 PM

i'm so glad you all want me to stay.

I am being driven insane b/c i want to shout it out and Iwant people to shout back, and we can't yet. Now my husband wants to wait two weeks. The DR's office i am looking into doesn't take you until 8-12 weeks if you already know. They say they use the same test so there isn't really a point. Look at that link in my sigee. those are dark lines. But my DH wants the dr's input before we spread the news.

oh i looked at Dec thread they are so in the groove already it's nice to start fresh and all together.

Courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#27 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 06:59 PM

:LOL I'm glad all you "End of Decembers" are sticking around here!

Today I've been feeling little tiny cramps. And also VERY tired. I have to say, I've slept really really well these ladt few weeks, I thought it was because I cut out caffiene and alcohol, but now I'm thinking it might be from the pregnancy.

DH wants to wait to tell people, but I don't. We are going to visit my dad in 2 weeks, it's his birthday, and also Mothers' Day, so I think we'll find a creative way to tell the family then. I did tell my best friend, and my chiropractor (had an appt. today.)

Is anyone else feeling like, "OK... so now what!?!" I spent so much time planning the TTC time, now it's sucessful and I don't know where to start! :LOL I have always thought that I knew SO much about pregnancy and child-raising, because I've obsessed about my nieces birth, etc. but now I'm at a loss of what to do myself. It's not like planning a wedding where htere are a gazillion check-lists to follow... now there are so many serious personal decisions to make!

I called the Dr. that I have an appointment with on May 10 to see if I can bump it up a bit. I'm also hoping to hear back from a midwife that I emailed. I guess that will give me a start, huh?

The chinese geder chart says it's a boy, which is soooo what I want! But lately I've been dreaming about a baby girl. I think I will have strong feelings about it when it becomes more real... you know? I still expect to see AF every time I use the restroom, like it's all a false alarm.
#28 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 07:15 PM

Hi! My name is Jennifer, and I just took a ept test. I'm a little confused on the test, so I may be taking another one this weekend. It's the kind where you are supposed to get a "+'" sign, and one line is really dark, and one line is like 4 faint little pinstripes. But the pinstripes one is the one that's supposed to be negative, and if it's a negative test, the one that is dark isn't even supposed to be there. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Anyway, this would be my 2nd, I have a daughter, Paige, that will be 5 in June. (The same day as my 25th birthday.) I calculated that my due date would be between Dec. 30 and Jan. 4, but I know that I will probably have another c-section, so I guess it kind of depends on the doctor? I would love to have a New Years Baby! And my dads birthday is on the 2nd.

We also just found out that my younger sister is pregnant as well, what's the odds of that happening! She is due about 4-6 weeks before me.

It'll be nice getting to know everyone!
#29 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 07:24 PM

SMR, are you going to have a hospital delivery or a midwife/birthing center?
I know we live very close to one another and I am trying to get some ideas on where to deliver this time around.
#30 of 182 Old 04-26-2005, 07:42 PM

houchen2b - Welcome! You should check out www.peeonastick.com there is a section on those +/- tests. Apparently they aren't very clear/reliable? There are photos that might help you sort it out. You might try another kind of test. that it's a

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page