Any Pregnancy Symptoms yet?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 04-26-2005, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
SMR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I've decided that the January thread is probably the best fit for me.. seeing as my due date is like the 30th of December.. what are the chances she'll be born on time???
So, are any of you getting symptoms yet?
I never thought I'd get them so early, so I keep thinking -'is it in my head??' but here is how I feel..
sore breasts, mostly every area but the nipple area.
leaky feeling
mild crampiness, but that seems to be going away.. it was more like the day before I found out and for a day or two after.
no food sounds good.. esp. sweet things.
I wake up early and can't get back to sleep! (not normal for me at all!!)
I am tired
I just started feeling mildly irritated on sunday.. and still felt it yesterday..
hmmm
oh and this morning in the shower, I noticed that I lost barely any hair!! Usually I have handfuls of it (even though I still have super thick hair) but today, just a little came out! Now, I think people usually assume it's the prenatal vitamins... but I've been taking those since August! So, it has to be something with the baby!

I do feel different.. I wonder if it's because I'd been charting temps and paying such close attention to my body signals that now I'm super in tune and notice everything!? I keep feeling my boobs to see if they are still sore! hahahaa

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
#2 of 49 Old 04-26-2005, 01:33 PM

Oh yes! My "due" date is December 26th but my babes bake two weeks longer

I have sore sore sore nipples and breasts. Every time Livia latches on I have to grit my teeth for about 30 seconds Very sick feeling, lots of watery discharge, tired.. soooo tired.

Tam
#3 of 49 Old 04-26-2005, 05:30 PM

frogmorest my due sate is probably the 26th, (i haven't seen the Dr yet)

i have no symptoms and it's freaking me out.

look at the pic in my siggee those lines were instant.
I am going home to take more test. the DR won't see me until 8-12 weeks, does that seem silly to anyone else?

Courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#4 of 49 Old 04-26-2005, 06:11 PM

Don't freak out Some women don't experience any symptoms till 6 weeks or so... and some women NEVER experience any symptoms of pregnancy! With my first babe, I never experienced any symptoms other than fatique until 6-7 weeks...

If you are due the 26th too than we are both just over 5 weeks. So give it a bit.

Dr's don't usually like to see mama's early cause there is really nothing they can do for you... other than the early bloodwork and such. You could always contact a midwife though
#5 of 49 Old 04-26-2005, 06:34 PM

Definitely tender breasts - the nipples (although I'm not to gritting my teeth at nursing yet) and the area around them. The areas that attach my breasts seem to just ache a lot.

Still getting quite a bit of crampiness and have to re-adjust my pants often to alleviate that.

Oh fatigue.. man am I tired.. 60% of the day or more!

Sometimes I want to eat the house and other times I don't want to go near anything. It seems to be leaning more toward the latter lately.

Back aches - a lot of them (lower). Muscle pulling in my upper abdomen and neck aches.

And I have just popped out - I know that it's because I've already had a baby and the cramps but give me another couple of weeks and you could guess me at 4 months pregnant! lol

Yep, definitely feeling pregnant most of the time (which is what I prefer)! Oh and due around December 28th but Nathan was 5 days late and induced!
#6 of 49 Old 04-26-2005, 07:22 PM

Definitely sore nipples....I'm having a VERY hard time nursing, never had a hard time this early when I was pregnant with DS2.
I had a major crying fit today which really freaked out DH, since I'm rarely that emotional.
Other than that, a bit of cramping which I'm trying to not get nervous about and larger breasts. My pants are already too tight, probably cause I've already done this twice.
#7 of 49 Old 04-27-2005, 01:22 AM

I am showing alot of the same signs as alot of you. i also am out of my pants, but I have never had kids!!! I swear i am eating way better than pre-pregnancy, so what gives??? And you all better not tell me I am having multiples! .

I haven't been that emotional except for yesterday. DH and I were discussing pictures to send to his parents announcing our pregnancy. One picture was "We killed the rabbit" and I wanted to get a tombstone .gif and photoshop "harvey" on it (Harvey is the 6 ft rabbit that only Jimmy Stewart can see. FIL would totally get this). Dh suggested we behead the toy bunny he gave me for Easter! i totally flipped out. I meant to be kidding and started to say "Don't hurt my bunny" but there were tears in my eyes! So crazy!
#8 of 49 Old 04-27-2005, 02:21 AM

Yeah, I forgot to mention the emotions too! I got in a huge tiff with Nana while she was here and even though I was trying to make nice in the middle of it - it got really ugly and she left two days early.. it had to be the hormones! I lived two floors below her and saw her daily for 6 months only 2 months ago - we were very close, even after the "tiff" we were close again.. I so wanted to tell her about the pregnancy and ease her mind but I just really need to wait. So, in two more months she'll understand what happened!

And Dan and I are walking a thin line about 20% of the time - tonight he started talking about spanking Nathan soon, I thought I was going to lose my mind! But I kept it together knowing that this wouldn't happen and me yelling at him and scaring Nathan probably wouldn't help!

*sigh* Pregnancy is so emotional!
#9 of 49 Old 04-27-2005, 09:09 AM

well i got a little crampy yesterday, my pants are already a little tight.
I got in a little tiff with DH who announced after this baby he was getting "snipped". What a butt he's being. almost makesme want twins so i get my three kids.

Courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#10 of 49 Old 04-27-2005, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelysmommy
Almost makes me want twins so I get my three kids.
Big Huge Nod!! Dan has said we'd be done after two regardless of gender for a long time (although at times he said we could try until three for a girl) but I've always wanted three! And yet, I've seen moms with twins.. it doesn't looke easy!
#11 of 49 Old 04-27-2005, 11:07 AM

twins are hard, i am a twin. That's actually the first thing my mom siad when i told her.

i told my husband that and he said "dear god no"
Court

#12 of 49 Old 04-27-2005, 11:53 AM

Yep, my sisters are identical twins. They were easy compared to most children but I've seen many other moms with twins and while it definitely is a double blessing - it doesn't look easy either!
#13 of 49 Old 04-27-2005, 12:17 PM

my twin sister and i fall into the difficult category. very high in spirits and no fear.

my dd is just like that.

Courtney

#14 of 49 Old 04-27-2005, 01:13 PM

I have no symptoms so far, and I'm "due" Dec. 28. I was a little tired this morning, but my 2 yr old was rolling and kicking all over the place last night so I didn't get very good sleep. I have no boob issues yet (except they're bigger already!) which is good because my son nurses constantly. Still fitting my clothes just fine, etc. I was a little nauseous for a couple days last week but that seems to be over. I haven't even had the migraine issues that plagued my last pregnancy, although I did have one about a week ago- but not every day like with Julian. I attribute it to drinking a ton of water and eating protein like crazy. Oh, I forgot. I do pee much more- I'd like to be able to sleep the night through without having to go to the bathroom in the cold.
#15 of 49 Old 04-27-2005, 09:47 PM

Yes! And I'm a little freaked out because I'm only 11 dpo. I've been dizzy the past two days, definitely queasy. Eating helps but only if I eat before I get hungry (THAT is how I gained 20 lbs by 20 weeks last time :LOL ). Very frequent urination; a bit of constipation.

Nursing has been fine and I'm hoping to avoid the very sore nipples that I had from 8 dpo or so last time.

The distinct signs so early and the fairly prominent HPT at 10 dpo have me a teeny, tiny bit worried that I'll be joining my RL friend in the twins club. I just keep repeating "early implantation" to myself.
#16 of 49 Old 04-28-2005, 09:56 PM

#17 of 49 Old 04-29-2005, 12:37 AM

No symptoms here whatsoever, except the expected giddiness alternating with anxiety.. Hanging out on these boards really also makes you realize how much can go wrong, unfortunately.

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06) trying to figure out what to do after 5 losses
#18 of 49 Old 04-29-2005, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
SMR

I know what you mean gabry!! I guess we just really need to NOT worry - although it's hard - and go with the flow. What is meant to be will be!

So, yesterday my nipples started being sensitive! Up til then, it was only my whole breast, esp. the sides.. Now the sides hurt a little, but the nips do too!

Yesterday my mom said, so are you feeling any morning sickness yet? I said noo She's like, good maybe you won't get it! I said, yeah, but I WAAANT it! hahah I want every symptom imaginable!! I want proof that this hcg is rising a the right speed... am I crazy!?! hahhaa

I think I get more tired every day... I've been taking two naps! AND going to bed earlier than normal too! I never sleep this much!

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
#19 of 49 Old 04-29-2005, 03:52 PM

Yuk, I'm feeling miserable. All-day sickness has kicked in.
#20 of 49 Old 04-30-2005, 05:18 PM

With my daughter I was sick all the time, that's how I found out. Now this time, I feel almost nothing. I'm only at 6 weeks, so maybe things will change. Of couse my breasts are tender, and I've started getting a stuffy nose, and I'm pretty tired, but that's all. I actually went and got another pregnancy test and took it again today, just to be sure. It went to positve almost immediately, just like the one I took at the beginning of the week. Maybe this will be an "easier" pregnancy than my first.
#21 of 49 Old 05-01-2005, 12:25 AM

Jennifer, it was the same for me my first pregnancy i actually lost weight 911 pounds) the first trimester. I mentioned something to me DH and he said that i should be glad I'm not sick, when i reiterated my fear he noted that of all our friends noone else was sick like I was,; and well those can be symptoms not all woman get them (and every pregnancy is diffrent) I have taken two tests as well, and am considering taking another. I'd really like to get in to soo the dr. although the appt. i have isn';t with who i want to birth with . I have called the midwife twice and left a message, and still no call.

willowrose sorry you feel so pukey, i remember that from my first pregnancy.

SMR careful what you wish for, a little bit of morning sickness is one thing....

gabry try the birth stories a lot of them are very empowering. there's on calle (i think) Home water birth (with toddler doula) that is so so funny.

#22 of 49 Old 05-01-2005, 08:12 AM

So far I am just really really really tired! I didn't feel bad with my other pgs until around 7 wks, so I am just going to enjoy not feeling sick for another week and a half! I am a bit nervous as with each pg I have felt a little bit worse. My last one I was GREEN all day from wk 7 until 12 or 13! UGH, not looking forward to that. Anyone else have no idea who they will use as a care taker? We moved here to Atlanta from NC and I lost my amazing midwifes! I saw one here for a check-up, but I wasn't that impressed. I know this will be our last baby and I really want my birth to be just as we planned. We have done this 3x and know what we want!!!! I love the idea of a homebirth, but 2 of my 3 have ended up in the NICU for various reasons. I am just not 100% comfy with HB due to that. I just don't know. I guess I need to do some research....and quick too! :LOL

momma to 4!
#23 of 49 Old 05-04-2005, 07:57 PM

Tired, totally crying over everything, and eating everything in sight! Oh ya.. and the peeing thing too. :LOL
I'm due Jan 6th

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#24 of 49 Old 05-04-2005, 10:39 PM

Witchymama, I'm due Jan 6th too! Absolutely no symptoms though. Except, maybe, yesterday one of the nurses at work said i should pee in a cup, 'cause my face looked different. Although i really think she was probably just fishing (I've vaguely mentioned before we were ttc). We're still keeping it quiet but I had a really hard time keeping a straight face.

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06) trying to figure out what to do after 5 losses
#25 of 49 Old 05-04-2005, 10:57 PM

Cool! A due date buddy!

You are a much better woman than I am! I just couldn't keep it a secret! : I wanted too because I don't want to have to un-tell anyone if it doesn't stick this time around... but I just felt like such a liar by not telling people! :LOL

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#26 of 49 Old 05-04-2005, 11:38 PM

My first symptoms showed up a week before I even tested - swollen feet and a little pain when Kylie latches.

I'm also:

tired
cranky
HUNGRY
pee a ton
pants are tight
a bit quesy
dizzy

enjoying it all because it means things are hopefully working properly.

I'm also due 1/06/06
#27 of 49 Old 05-05-2005, 09:35 PM

I haven't really had any major symptoms yet.. There is kind of a burning sensation in my lower abdomen sometimes, like the muscles are stretching maybe? And my tummy gets kind of sensitive, like my pants get uncomfortable. I actually had a noticeable little pooch going on Monday but I guess it was just bloating cause it's not there anymore. Also more gas and indigestion than usual.
#28 of 49 Old 05-05-2005, 11:21 PM

I have bloating too
And I'm soooooo

#29 of 49 Old 05-05-2005, 11:47 PM

I slept 2 hours yesterday morning and 4 hours this morning. I am really going to screw up my night cycle, though .

I like being pregnant; hubby only expects me to do one chore a day. he is proud of me for doing half of what I used to do before I got preggers
#30 of 49 Old 05-06-2005, 09:39 AM

my pants are so annoying when they are tight. it really upsets things. I am tired too. everyday around 2 I start to get useless at work b/c i have turned into a zombie. I'll tell you what the situation is a lot diffrent. when I was at this stage in my pregnancy with jewely I didn't have a job, I could nap whenever. Now i work full time, and have a toddler so when i get home there is no rest for the weary. we have a shoe shopping expedition today after work, followed by our first visit to the midwife.
Courtney

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page