Anyone currently spotting or spotted in early days of PG? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-19-2005, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I got the results back from my blood tests today. The hcg levels are fine but the progesterone was low. My midwife put me on progesterone suppositories and I will have an ultrasound in a week and a half to see if there's a viable little one in there or not. So I guess I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for now. :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2005, 08:45 AM

I just noticed some brown spotting too. Today was the day AF was due, and I got a really dark line on the hpt, so I am trying not to worry. Easier said than done. I know I will be running to the bathroom all day to check. I had some spotting a few times with my ds.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:13 AM

It's probably implantation bleeding which can occur anywhere from 7-10 days after conception. I had it too the day my period what supposed to come, and it lasted a day and a half. Very light brown.
Good luck!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:02 PM

I have been having spotting off and on for about two weeks. I am just at 8 wks pregnant and took another home test which was +. I even passed a small blood clot last weekend with older looking blood. I am experiencing intermittent cramping with spotting that is light brownish to pinkish and stains my undies. Generally feel nauseous in between though. Some low dull back pain that didn't last. A twingy pain on my right side at night. Had worried about possible early mc, but mw did a blood test yesterday and I am waiting to hear back about my hCG and Progesterone levels. She suspects ectopic pregnancy and dad and I are worried. We just had a natural waterbirth with our dd last July and I am still nursing. Anyone had any experience with an ectopic pregnancy? Could also be fibroids since I'm 38 and having fibroids with last pg.

Be well,

Lisa proud mom to Althea born 7-22-04
Old 05-25-2005, 11:41 PM

: :

Well, its going to be my third baby and just had my first ultrasound. Supposedly low-level, but it broke with a tradition of a sort of certain spiritual mistery to a more practical application of technology that manages pregnant women. But I digress, because it was "medically necessary." It was confirmed that I officially don't know why I have been spotting or experiencing cramping or scary mc or ectopic pg signs is also not known. "Could require another ultasound at 28 wks for low lying placenta. That, I don't really want to dwell on. Just happy my life isn't in any imminent danger and we found a heartbeat in the uterus at 8.5 wks. Still have to find out about low Progesterone levels, but hCG was good!

So its a go for baby due 1-2-06. :

Lisa
Old 05-26-2005, 08:45 AM

Lisa,

That's great! I have an ultrasound on Tuesday and I can't wait to see the little heartbeat! I will be 8 weeks then. What could you see on the ultrasound at 8.5 weeks?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:28 PM

I started having some very, very light brown spotting yesterday, but it stopped after about an hour. A little more this morning, but it's stopped again. No cramping, so I'm not going to worry too much.

I also had brown spotting from week 8 through 11 when I was pregnant with my twin girls, and everything turned out fine then.

My midwife said that cramping without bleeding is OK, bleeding without cramping is OK, but the two together may be a concern. She said that 1/3 of all pregnant women will have some kind of bleeding, and the majority of those pregnancies will continue normally.

Good luck to all!

User Tag List