Cravings? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-05-2005, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been craving chicken and rice soup ALL day. YUMMMM!!!
Anyone else sharing the cravings with me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 05-05-2005, 07:11 PM

I'm craving anything salty. I'm also craving cheese.
#3 of 11 Old 05-05-2005, 08:45 PM

Ummm, not really. Well yeah, chocolate! I know that's bad, but I am not having very much....?
Oh, Willowrose, thanks for the compliment the the due date list .
#4 of 11 Old 05-12-2005, 08:52 PM

No, but I feel like I've had a hole in my stomach all day. It's weird, because normally I crave cheese and chocolate premenstrually, but I feel completely normal. Not premenstrual, and not pregnant.
#5 of 11 Old 05-12-2005, 11:47 PM

I have what I would also describe as a hole in my stomach feeling all of the time! It's really uncomfortable and I am hungry with growling stomach for much of the day (despite my frequent, protein-rich snacks.) This also happened to me during the first trimester of my other pregnancies. I have found that I crave nuts (cashews, almond butter, peanut butter, etc.) and that they are one of the only things that relieve that feeling.
#6 of 11 Old 05-13-2005, 12:35 PM

i actually don't feel hungry most of the day, but am eating comfort foods anyways...i do have a craving for gatorade and potatoes (yumm)....i am eating hard boiled eggs in the morning though to make sure i eat protein...even though they don't exactly taste all that great...and eating oatmeal in morning to make sure i have enough fiber....but i don't think it's problem with my loose stools...
#7 of 11 Old 05-14-2005, 04:51 AM

I'm just all over the board with cravings and things I won't eat. With Nathan I avoided chicken and I feel those avoiding feelings creep up again! I was drinking orange juice all the time (every day and a lot) but we ran out. For the last three days I've been dying for more! Dan got some tonight but it wasn't enough to fill the "hole". Even a banana and orange juice wasn't enough so I just finished half of a huge avocado.. that's better - I still wish it was a hamburger but I'll take an avocado!
#8 of 11 Old 05-14-2005, 09:04 AM

Anyone else just not hungry? This is so weird for me. Usually I am VERY hungry during the first trimester and craving horrible foods that are high in fat. My husband usually loves the 1st trimester because I ask him to go get me foods I would normally never eat (fast food, etc). The food-issue part of me is loving this not hungry thing, but the normal side just thinks it's weird! Maybe this is a girl? (I have 3 boys)

momma to 4!
#9 of 11 Old 05-14-2005, 09:13 AM

zjandozmom, i'm feeling the exact same way...i was completely hungry with my ds in the 1st trimester, but am not feeling hungry at all....and normally i have a big appetite anyways...so it feels bizarre to me that i'm not hungry....
#10 of 11 Old 05-14-2005, 10:15 PM

Ok- I just posted about not being hungry and today I wanted a cheeseburger BAD! I made my husband go out and get a good one (not some nasty mcdoodoo's burger) from the Vortex I devoured it as my kids watched. I just so rarely eat that type of thing. Now I know I am pregnant
K

momma to 4!
#11 of 11 Old 05-15-2005, 01:45 AM

I have been craving protien. Anything with lots of protien. For the past 3 days, I"ve eaten 2 eggs with cheese for breakfast, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Cheese in general sounds great, but then it always does to me. Chicken, beef, any meat. Dh and I went to this restaurant the other night (the night before I found out I was pg), and I had the biggest bison burger ever (with cheese ), and french fries, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. I'd love a repeat of that meal! Without the shortcake. Suddenly, sweet things sound yucky to me. Not yucky enough to call it an aversion, but not very yummy.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page