I think I am going to pass out - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-05-2005, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just took a test on a whim and its positive!!!!!! Well I had a dream two nights ago where the name of a girl really stood out.

So that puts me due between the 9th and 15th.
My DF is going to pass out for sure, he has been in a bad mood this past week so I am really hoping that he comes home in a good mood tonight),

I just left a message at a local birth house, not the same one I used with our son because although I loved the house and my midwifes..I ended up being transfered to the hospital and had a horrible time there and feel that even if end up with my birth house birth this time ,the fact that that hospital is my only option is not good for a positve pregnancy KWIM I vowed the day I walked out of that place I would never go back kinda makes that hard to keep if I have a U/S etc lol
Hope they get back to me before they close so I can explain my little story....I should have a prority at my birth house for sure because I used them before but i am not sure how it works if I switch to another birth house...and the waiting lists are very long. So I hope it applies to all birth houses.
Man I really want to tell someone IRL...
#2 of 7 Old 05-05-2005, 05:51 PM

CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME! I look forward to spending the next months with you
#3 of 7 Old 05-05-2005, 05:56 PM

Congrats!!!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#4 of 7 Old 05-05-2005, 06:13 PM

Warm congratulations and welcome to the group. I hope you get to use your birth house!

Emily
#5 of 7 Old 05-05-2005, 06:20 PM

Congrats! I wish it were me!
#6 of 7 Old 05-05-2005, 07:49 PM

Congrats! how are you gonna tell him? I wanted to tell DH as soon as possible and did (during one of his classes, He's a teacher!)

Give me your EDD (I posted sites that have due dates calculated from first day of last period, and I will add that to the "We're Due" list
#7 of 7 Old 05-07-2005, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

I posted to that thread so you could add me.

Just to update the birth house called back and as I have used a midwife before and it is so early in the month that Jan. is not booked already I have a great chance. I swear some woman call before they even know they are pregnant to get a spot. For every woman taken as a client there are 15 on a waitlist to get in.
The way this birth house operates is that they take all names details down for all and then call back in a couple of weeks to set everything up. Typical to see your midwife at 10-12 weeks
As we have aleady did this before we don't have to do the tour or go to the information session it will just a appt. set up.
She even didn't seem to find it odd that I wanted to switch birth homes and that although the chance of another hospital birth is remote(think positive)
I didn't want the fact that it could happen again and it would have to be that horrible hospital looming over my happy prennancy.

I am really hoping that I am accepted, although if not I suppose the birth house I used will my son will have to take me back but I am really counting on this one as the midwifes are more traditonial in their ways.

eta I told my DF by showing him a shirt that I made with fabric paint for our son to wear it wasn't dry yet so he couldn't wear it yet that said Big Brother Janaury 2006..he got it right away.
He went out and bought a minivan that same night lol it was already in the works though...wow what a change from our tiny 2 door sports car a good change.
We also told some close friends and his parents with him wearing the shirt this time...some were slow to the point, others very quick. My inlaws were happy, I was surprised.
I am flying home for a family wedding next week and will tell my parents and grandmother then everyone else in my family will have to wait until 12 weeks as I am more nervous this time around and I don't want to take away from the brides special day.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page