Anyone have really bad gas?..not to be gross. Is this normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 05-07-2005, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
Here's my scoop:
I tested positive on May 5th, and am really early on. My last AF was April2. I've actually felt a little nauseous already, but what is really getting me is that I feel really gassy....but unable to release, so my stomach gets all bloated, and not well. Is this normal? I try some yoga, which helps, but I really just want to release the gas. I'm just hoping it's not a sign of a m/c...I've already had 2....
#2 of 15 Old 05-07-2005, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Tristan
I'm just hoping it's not a sign of a m/c.
Ugh, I hope not! I've chalked this up to my change in diet because I'm trying to eat more protein.
#3 of 15 Old 05-07-2005, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

I'm doing more protein in the morning, but have been wanting bad foods..We went out to lunch, and I had a veggie burger w/cheese and lots of fries. For some reason, I am wanting not so healthy foods...And it doesn't help that I took a nap right afterwards....Hopefully it's my diet...please oh please, let it be the diet...I need to better considering I'm still nursing my ds who is 27 mos old.
#4 of 15 Old 05-07-2005, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm not due in January but early in my pregnancy with DS I had *horrible* gas! The gas pains were horrible, they would wake me up from a deep sleep each night - my doctor even thought I had an ectopic pregnancy because the pains were so bad! And the gas - ugh! I thought I had DH's digestive system for a few weeks there.

eta: The gas did finally leave around 6 weeks or so, morning sickness took its place.

Hope you ladies have happy and healthy pregnancies!

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#5 of 15 Old 05-07-2005, 07:57 PM

visiting from the October boards...

Oh, my goodness, the swamp gas and painful bloating were horrible for the first few weeks. I was sooo uncomfortable and I offended myself and dh with the stench

It did go away at around 8 weeks and my tummy was considerably smaller as a result. I've been ok since then.

Hang in there!
#6 of 15 Old 05-08-2005, 02:52 AM

It's so great to hear from other mamas who have BTDT!! Thanks for your input !!!
I have been having gas as well-- bad gas, as well as burps. I burp CONSTANTLY!! I think it is my substitute for nausea, which I don't have (thanks goodness!)
#7 of 15 Old 05-08-2005, 03:55 AM

from 4-6 weeks I had horrid gut wrenching gas... it's subsided finally!
#8 of 15 Old 05-08-2005, 04:15 AM

I had really bad gas with DD. I was burping all the time during the 1st trimester. I dont usually suffer from gas but I was burping loads 2 nights ago, and well, I've just discovered I'm pg again!

I'm glad to know its not just me.
#9 of 15 Old 05-08-2005, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

You guys have made me feel so much better! My gas isn't so bad today...but no real symptoms today, but only 4 weeks along...I need to not freak out by this...
#10 of 15 Old 05-10-2005, 10:29 AM

hi i have bad gas that doesn't want to come and when it finally does it stinks so bad. i am also waking up at night from it being uncomfertable.and burps, sometimes when i am feeling a little nasuea i just burp and feel better.
Courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#11 of 15 Old 05-12-2005, 07:57 PM

Gosh, no excessive gas, but I've been burping like crazy for the past couple days.
#12 of 15 Old 05-12-2005, 08:19 PM

Persephone s Me too . i am pretty much over that though. i am starting to get queasy... I do not want to get mornign sickness!
#13 of 15 Old 05-12-2005, 09:29 PM

visiting from march '05

horrible terrible gutbusting shoulder-pain-causing gas was always my first symptom of pg. :LOL

it usually subsided around 10-12 weeks or so whenever my body got used to extra hormones.
#14 of 15 Old 05-15-2005, 01:24 AM

If they could make a methane-collection system under my butt I wouldn't have to fuel my car for a long, long time.

I get gas that is bad enough I am unsure if it is cramps or gas. A frightening symptom to be sure! Pretty normal though, from what I understand.

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

#15 of 15 Old 05-15-2005, 10:58 PM

Okay, not only do I get gas, but my nose is hypersensitive! I passed gas today in the car, and it smelled so bad, but hubby didn't even notice!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page