Appointment Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 05-17-2005, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats GreenMommy! Can I ask how many weeks preggers are you? Just curious as to when we might be able to see the heartbeat....I haven't scheduled our appointment yet.
#32 of 46 Old 05-17-2005, 10:34 PM

My first appointment with the nurse is May 26th (8 weeks) and then with the OB June 8th (10 weeks).

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#33 of 46 Old 05-18-2005, 03:40 PM

I am 7 weeks.

Alicia
#34 of 46 Old 05-18-2005, 03:56 PM

I had an appointment with the midwife who delivers at the hospital. Everything is good. i am 9 weeks today! She gave me spme prenatal vitamins to try as the ones i have are huge and nasty tasting and result in M/S.

So I am still waiting to schedule with the midwife at the birth center. That is where i will have the baby. I just had the other appt set up and figured i'd just go b/c i was curious. They did blood and urine test (not for preg. but for a battery pf other tests)

Courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#35 of 46 Old 05-18-2005, 04:15 PM

I had my appointment last week and it went well. I'm mostly just working on sorting out my feelings about my first two births. My first was a vaginal birth with every intervention except a c/s. My second was a scheduled c/s.

I long for a simple homebirth, but my confidence goes from very high to very low when I think about everything that my first 2 births involved. My mw has all the confidence in the worls that I can do this. I just need to get there myself. My mother is a nurse and is all afraid for me. That is not helping and I need to get her to stop talking to me about her fears.

Ok, this turned into a vent :LOL Basically, my appointment went well
#36 of 46 Old 05-18-2005, 09:13 PM

Hey Lindsay...whenever you need a confidence boost on vbac just give me a shout...we're going for a second here and hopefully at home.
#37 of 46 Old 05-18-2005, 09:33 PM

Cool -- I am so excited to try a VBAC!!!! Mid-wife was very encouraging but also laid out risks.

So -- did you go into labor spontaneously - because they told me they do not induce for VBAC?

It has to be sooooo much better than the c/section --- the dr told me my baby was too big to deliver and they made me have a c/section at 41 weeks. He was 10 lbs 4 oz.

Alicia
#38 of 46 Old 05-19-2005, 12:33 AM

My first ob appt. will be June 3rd at 9 weeks. Don't know if they'll suggest an us or not. I'm kinda getting antsy, and actually took another pregnancy test yesterday just to make sure the line was darker than the last one two weeks ago (it was ).

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06) trying to figure out what to do after 5 losses
#39 of 46 Old 05-19-2005, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhajibahMama
Hey Lindsay...whenever you need a confidence boost on vbac just give me a shout...we're going for a second here and hopefully at home.
Thanks Rebecca We should add each other to our msn messengers.
#40 of 46 Old 05-19-2005, 01:20 PM

Our first appointment with the midwife is Friday, June 24. I'll be right at 10 weeks.
#41 of 46 Old 05-19-2005, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMommy
Cool -- I am so excited to try a VBAC!!!! Mid-wife was very encouraging but also laid out risks.

So -- did you go into labor spontaneously - because they told me they do not induce for VBAC?

It has to be sooooo much better than the c/section --- the dr told me my baby was too big to deliver and they made me have a c/section at 41 weeks. He was 10 lbs 4 oz.

Alicia
Hi Alicia,

I did go into labour spontaneously at 40wks 5d. I would NOT allow an induction with a uterine scar, I would more than likely go with an elective cesearean, before I would allow an induction. Induced VBACs have far too many risks.

The labour and birth were awesome, but I would be lying if I said my recovery was too. My recovery from the c-section was much easier than my VBAC recovery, BUT I think I had an extremely good c-section recovery and the forced pushing in the hospital led to multiple internal and external tearing and it was a good 6-8wks before I felt marginally "normal" again.

I would not trade my VBAC experience for anything in the world, but I just wanted to point out that natural birth isn't necessarily all roses either and it's best to be prepared. Thankfully, my midwife thinks we can avoid much of the trauma of the last birth this time around, which would be nice. Not sure I can stay in bed for 6wks with two little ones run after plus the new babe! :LOL
#42 of 46 Old 05-19-2005, 07:47 PM

Did you have more tearing because it was a VBAC or just because of the labor?

I know things will not be easy either way but I really want to feel the baby come out of my body ... but if it doesn't come out vaginally that is ok -- just want to try.
#43 of 46 Old 05-19-2005, 09:45 PM

It was unrelated to the VBAC, just how she descended and the coached pushing. The midwife thinks it will be less of an issue this time around because it will be a subsequent, rather than first, delivery.

My comments weren't meant to dissuade you at all, I just think it's important to make sure one is realistic about the recovery...we're not all taking walks in the park three days later, even after natural delivery, kwim? That doesn't me that you won't be...you very well might but it's good to be mentally prepared for some sprt of recovery period.
#44 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Finally made my appointment.....June 6th! I will be around 11 weeks so we should get to hear the little heartbeat!
#45 of 46 Old 05-20-2005, 04:57 PM

My first appointment is June 2nd... I'll only be just over 7 weeks, but with my mc last time, I wanted to be seen early and hopefully confirm a heartbeat with an ultrasound. We'll see!
#46 of 46 Old 05-21-2005, 07:18 PM

My first appointment is May 31. I will be about 7 weeks. I am not sure if I will get an ultrasound, but I would love to see a heartbeat!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page