My intro... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-15-2005, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter
AAK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My name is Amy and I have a wonderful dh, and two beautiful girls aged 5 and 2. I am pregnant with my third and due Jan. 20. (this is the earliest date I will allow to be my due date)

My first was a horrible hospital birth. Every intervention except a c-section. My second was a great hospital birth. I used a good midwife (not tied to an OB office) and didn't have any interventions except AROM on my request at 9 cm. The urge to push with that bulging sac was too much for me Anyways, even with a great hospital birth, I am hoping for a homebirth/waterbirth this time. I know I could get a good birth at the hospital again, but I hated waiting for "permission" to go home as well as other inconveniences. However, I do really want dh to be there and support the choice. SO, I don't know for sure yet. Before we knew about this one, we talked about it and although it makes him a bit uneasy he seemed flexible about it.

I nursed my first until 20 weeks into my second pregnancy and I am currently nursing my 2nd. I have been gently weaning her (was doing so before I got pg) and I really hope to wean her soon. (When I say gentle, I mean GENTLE--more like encourage rather than push).

I recently finished training to be a certified birth doula, have attended one birth, and hope to attend the rest of the required births before I give birth because I know once baby is here I will take a lot of time off and don't want to start over with the certification process.

OK, so that is me. Oh yeah I am kinda hoping for another girl because dh and I argue about circ.

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#2 of 5 Old 05-15-2005, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Amy! I will add your name to the "We're Due" list
#3 of 5 Old 05-16-2005, 10:11 AM

Congratulations Amy!

Welcome to the Jan 2006 board!
#4 of 5 Old 05-16-2005, 02:28 PM

Welcome Amy Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Have you visited the circ. forum here at MDC? If you do end up finding out you are having a boy its an excellent resource. I've read quite a few threads where members were supporting mama's who had a partner that was pro-circ. If nothing else, have him watch the video. I've not been able to but the still photos alone have me ing
#5 of 5 Old 05-16-2005, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
AAK

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
It is the circ board here that convinced me! If we find out it is a boy, dh will probably be willing to educate himself, however he isn't about to read anything until we know. (He isn't a reader and is married to a former librarian!)

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page