My name is Amy and I have a wonderful dh, and two beautiful girls aged 5 and 2. I am pregnant with my third and due Jan. 20. (this is the earliest date I will allow to be my due date)
My first was a horrible hospital birth. Every intervention except a c-section. My second was a great hospital birth. I used a good midwife (not tied to an OB office) and didn't have any interventions except AROM on my request at 9 cm. The urge to push with that bulging sac was too much for me
Anyways, even with a great hospital birth, I am hoping for a homebirth/waterbirth this time. I know I could get a good birth at the hospital again, but I hated waiting for "permission" to go home as well as other inconveniences. However, I do really want dh to be there and support the choice. SO, I don't know for sure yet. Before we knew about this one, we talked about it and although it makes him a bit uneasy he seemed flexible about it.
I nursed my first until 20 weeks into my second pregnancy and I am currently nursing my 2nd. I have been gently weaning her (was doing so before I got pg) and I really hope to wean her soon. (When I say gentle, I mean GENTLE--more like encourage rather than push).
I recently finished training to be a certified birth doula, have attended one birth, and hope to attend the rest of the required births before I give birth because I know once baby is here I will take a lot of time off and don't want to start over with the certification process.
OK, so that is me. Oh yeah I am kinda hoping for another girl because dh and I argue about circ.