Cautiously introducing myself - Mothering Forums
January 2006 > Cautiously introducing myself
ajsgirl's Avatar ajsgirl 04:30 PM 05-17-2005
Hello,

I'm Elizabeth. I have a 26 mo ds named Arjun. I'm due January 18th! This is my third pregnancy. I lost a pregnancy back in March, so I'm a little more cautious with shouting our news out to everyone this time. I've only told my parents, no sibs, no friends, not even dh's parents (they blab)! With my last pregnancy, I felt there was something wrong from the beginning and was worried until my fears were confirmed. This time, I am strangely at peace with my pregnancy. Calm, but cautious. I'm just not ready to change my sig yet though.

My first appointment with our midwife is June 2nd. I'd like to confirm a heartbeat early on, so that I can really relax, share the news, and enjoy being pregnant. I also had terrible MS (all day) with pg #1, so I'm expecting that's what a healthy pregnancy will feel like to me. Last time, I had to take Zofran in order to even function, or else I would have ended up in the ER with dehydration or malnourishment. I've got my prescription filled already just in case, but I'm hopeful that the MS won't be as bad this time. I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow, and knock on wood, I still feel ok. Just some minor cramping and fatigue.

So, that's me! It's great to be here! I'm so excited to do it all again... birth, nursing a newborn, CD'ing a teenie tushie, etc.

ozzyemm's Avatar ozzyemm 06:41 PM 05-17-2005
Welcome, Elizabeth, and congratulations!
Mama2Tristan's Avatar Mama2Tristan 06:44 PM 05-17-2005
Welcome!
I'm Julie. I too had a m/c recently. Mine was in February, and I started to miscarry the day I found out that I was pregnant. I wasn't far along at all. So, I had one period between. We have an almost 28mo old ds. I too feel more at peace with this pregnancy because I have signs. I actually had a m/c before my ds was born too, so I've had 2 m/c's. With that one, I had no symptoms at all, and miscarried at 8weeks (no heartbeat was ever found)...so when I had symptoms with ds, I welcomed them, as I welcome the ones I have now. Good luck with everything!
Up