Cautiously introducing myself - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-17-2005, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

I'm Elizabeth. I have a 26 mo ds named Arjun. I'm due January 18th! This is my third pregnancy. I lost a pregnancy back in March, so I'm a little more cautious with shouting our news out to everyone this time. I've only told my parents, no sibs, no friends, not even dh's parents (they blab)! With my last pregnancy, I felt there was something wrong from the beginning and was worried until my fears were confirmed. This time, I am strangely at peace with my pregnancy. Calm, but cautious. I'm just not ready to change my sig yet though.

My first appointment with our midwife is June 2nd. I'd like to confirm a heartbeat early on, so that I can really relax, share the news, and enjoy being pregnant. I also had terrible MS (all day) with pg #1, so I'm expecting that's what a healthy pregnancy will feel like to me. Last time, I had to take Zofran in order to even function, or else I would have ended up in the ER with dehydration or malnourishment. I've got my prescription filled already just in case, but I'm hopeful that the MS won't be as bad this time. I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow, and knock on wood, I still feel ok. Just some minor cramping and fatigue.

So, that's me! It's great to be here! I'm so excited to do it all again... birth, nursing a newborn, CD'ing a teenie tushie, etc.
#2 of 3 Old 05-17-2005, 05:41 PM

Welcome, Elizabeth, and congratulations!
#3 of 3 Old 05-17-2005, 05:44 PM

Welcome!
I'm Julie. I too had a m/c recently. Mine was in February, and I started to miscarry the day I found out that I was pregnant. I wasn't far along at all. So, I had one period between. We have an almost 28mo old ds. I too feel more at peace with this pregnancy because I have signs. I actually had a m/c before my ds was born too, so I've had 2 m/c's. With that one, I had no symptoms at all, and miscarried at 8weeks (no heartbeat was ever found)...so when I had symptoms with ds, I welcomed them, as I welcome the ones I have now. Good luck with everything!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page