All day nauseousness and night nursing leaving me dehydrated in morning. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-18-2005, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not feeling so good anymore. Nothing seems to ease the nauseousness either. Yuck! What's worse if that after night nursing my ds, I wake up feeling really dehydrated...not a good feeling at all...Almost like I will have a bout with diarhhea. Anyone have any suggestions? I bring water up to bed with me, and drink when I can, but it doesn't seem to help...DS is a strong nurser all night long...and when I try to make him take a break, he yells out "NURSE, NURSE, NURSE" until I let him latch back on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2005, 10:28 AM

I am feeling dehydrated, too, and I am not nursing right now. I can only imagine what it's like for you. I have a hard time because when I try to really increase my water intake during the day, then I have to get up to pee three or four times at night. But maybe if you are nursing, that isn't such a problem since you're up anyway.

I think you're doing the right thing to keep the water by the bed and drink it when you can. I would just drink water, herbal tea, whatever, at every turn during the day and also really decrease diuretics (sp?) like caffeine, cammomile, etc. You are probably already doing that.

I am with you with the nausea. I too am having it all day, combined with incessant hunger, which isn't really a great combination. I suspect many of us are in this situation right now. I find that red raspberry leaf tea helps me, more than ginger at this point. I have cup in the morning with my breakfast and I think it helps.

I hope you find some relief from both afflictions soon!
Old 05-18-2005, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

i'm scared of drinking red raspberry leaf tea because I have had 2 m/c's in the past, so am wary of it. And was drinking it prior to my last m/c. I've cut out all caffeine, but am wishing I had some now (I'm so tired!).
I'm with you on the hunger and nauseousness! I even sent DH to get some lemon sorbet from Trader Joe's last night because lemon seemed to help when I was pregnant with ds.
I'm also nervous because ds has been sick for the last 4 days with a flu like virus with a temp...and now I'm worried that I am getting it. I feel really out of it today.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:13 PM

Gosh, I'm sorry. That sounds terrible. I hope you get to feeling better asap.

Thanks for the reminder about lemon. I remember that a squeeze of lemon in some seltzer water helped me last time, too. I am going to get myself a couple of lemons (though lemon sorbet sounds better!)

I don't blame you for avoiding red raspberry leaf tea. I would, too.

Hope you are back to normal soon.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:48 PM

I agree with PPs to keep a bottle with you at all times. Also, soups and foods with high water content like watermelon will really help

Also, just as a reminder to everyone: it is getting hotter and we need to be drinking MORE water!!!

User Tag List