cramps?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-20-2005, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just found out that I'm pregnant. I'm only like 12dpo. But yesterday and today I've been having what feel like mild menstrual cramps. I vaguely remember that from my last pregnancy but I am in search of some reassurance. Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2005, 11:17 AM

Yep, I even was convinced I was going to get my period...very normal. All throughout the first trimester, this can be normal.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:25 PM

When I was pregnant with my first, I had cramps and thought my period was upon me, but it never came, and then I found out I was pregnant. I don't remember how long they lasted.

Now, I am 5.5 weeks pregnant (so 3.5 weeks post ovulation) and have some cramps every single day! I hope it is normal.

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

Old 05-20-2005, 04:24 PM

i had that quite often in my first trimemster. since then i havnt experienced cramping, just kind of stretching feelings. unlkess you have intense pain and blood i wouldnt worry

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 05-20-2005, 05:10 PM

I think I'm about 14 dpo and I've been mildly crampy most of the week, little backache even. Not today though. I feel perfectly fine today . I'm reveling in it, since I know in 2 weeks I'm going to wish I was dead.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:04 PM

Yup, all my pregnancies I felt like my period was coming...any day now...and it doesn't show!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:08 PM

You guys have NO IDEA how good that makes me feel! I went to my doula training today, taught by two doulas who are also L&D nurses. I asked them about my twinges (I can't call them cramps), and they weren't too reassuring. I'm not spotting or anything, but I've been so worried today that I might miscarry. It feels SO GOOD to hear that this is normal! This thread couldn't have come at a better time for me! I feel so much better now!
Old 05-21-2005, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reassurance. It's just strange. My whole lower abdomen sometimes feels achy and crampy. Plus my tummy is already a little queasy and I'm emotional. I JUST found out I'm pregnant. It seems too early. I'm only now jusy missing my period. We conceived two weeks ago. It's just weird and a little disconcerting.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:58 AM

I had mild cramps tonight and though I knew it was ok, it still makes me feel much better to read this post!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:22 PM

I read last night that the uterus contracts during pregnancy (I already knew about Braxton-Hicks, but apparently it even contracts this early on.) That can cause a crampy feeling. I've had cramps about once a week, always in the late evening. They always worry me, but then everything seems fine again. This is new for me for this pregnancy. Interesting.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:11 PM

Mine too, seemed to happen later in the evening. Or when I'm doing physical work. Or during um, orgasm. The first time that happened, it was so strong I thought I was going to lose the baby!

User Tag List