Reasons for Lessened Morning Sickness? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-24-2005, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I just found out this morning that I am pg w/ #4 and due New Year's Day! I have a 7 yo DS, 4 yo DD, 8.5 mo DD. Here are my questions:

I started taking liquid chlorophyll about a month ago (I didn't know I was pg) so that when/if I did become pg, my MS might be lessened. Well, it appears to have worked. (of course, the lack of MS also makes me fear miscarriage, but I'm not going to go there right now) So, have any of you done this and had these types of results--guess I didn't really think it would work!

I also have a friend who swears that nursing while she was pg kept her from being so sick. Anyone ever hear of this?

AmyR
#2 of 6 Old 05-24-2005, 10:27 AM

How far along are you? I had no ms until about 6.5 or 7 weeks. Then it really kicked in. And I have heard that nursing through pregnancy does ease ms, as it helps regulate the surges we get in hormones before the placenta is formed. That's why I'm amazed when I hear from time to time that a doctor has recommended against nursing through pregnancy.
#3 of 6 Old 05-24-2005, 11:44 AM

Really? Oh I hope that is true. I had terrible m/s last time for about 3 weeks, and moderately bad m/s for another 3. I'm nursing through this one, and I've noticed a bit of nausea or gaggy feeling the last few days but nothing that really bothered me or I couldn't distract myself through. My 18 month old still nurses too many times to count a day and at least 2ce overnight.
#4 of 6 Old 05-24-2005, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

I'm 8.5 wks along. With the girls I started getting sick around 7 wks. With my oldest (a boy) I was naseous, but didn't get sick until 9.5 wks. With the girls, I threw up all day long for weeks and weeks. With my son it wasn't nearly as bad, but still lasted until 18 wks.

It was the nasea that made me take a pg test this time. I'd been feeling naseous off and on for weeks and thought maybe I was getting an ulcer. I wanted to rule pg out b/f heading to a dr. (I'm notorious for trying to "rule out pregnancy" only to find out I am pregnant )

AmyR
#5 of 6 Old 05-24-2005, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisingarrows
(I'm notorious for trying to "rule out pregnancy" only to find out I am pregnant )
:LOL Now this sounds like its own thread!
#6 of 6 Old 05-25-2005, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

At least I now know I'm not falling apart--I'm just pregnant! :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page