Here's The Dealio - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-26-2005, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, it looks as though I had a chemical pg, what ever the heck that is. It pretty much means that the egg was fertilized, but my body did not recognize it as a pg, so I got my period yesterday. No January baby for me. The thing is is that I tested early, went for a blood test and it came back positive, but my HCG was 15 on day1 and 18 on day 4. This stinks, but it's life. I feel like I'm closed for business and with 2 m/c is the past 3 months, this is just how I feel. I wonder if I'll ever have a baby again. I so want another child.

I have an appointment to talk to my dr. about these m/cs and get some bloodwork done. Wish me luck. I think I'm going to need it. What other things other than blood work should I have them test?

B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#2 of 9 Old 05-26-2005, 02:02 PM

Oh, I'm really sorry! I would be so sad and upset if that happened to me. I hope you are able to get some helpful information from the doctor.

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#3 of 9 Old 05-26-2005, 02:05 PM

I'm sorry Augustmom.

I can only relate having had 2 m/c's myself, with the most recent one happening in late Feb/early Mar. The good news is that you do have one healthy child, and that means that you are very capable of carrying another pregnancy, as my midwife reminds me. My doc/midwife has said that it is completely normal to have two m/c's. Some people are just more prone to them...And in that case, you are suppose to wait at least one complete cycle before you start trying again (that is after you m/c). My ER doc sister said that you should wait at least 3 cycles if you are prone to m/c's. I didn't listen to her, and waited only one complete cycle. My period seemed normal, so after that period, we went for it. And here we are again...I'm about 7 weeks along....Of course, my anxiety is high, but my midwife says that my anxiety is not going to be the cause of another m/c....If it's going to m/c, it will happen for a reason...and for a good reason. You may want to check your thyroid level and any antibodies for hypothyroidism...I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism after ds was born, and you are more at risk for m/c's with it. Just remember, that m/c's are normal (unfortunately)....
#4 of 9 Old 05-26-2005, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

mama2tristan, I actually had my thyroid checked and it came back normal. hopefully it's just a fluke and i'll have another healthy pg. thanks for the advice.

#5 of 9 Old 05-26-2005, 06:05 PM

Augustmom,

I wish things were different for you and I am so sorry about both of your m/cs. I know there's nothing I can say to make it better for you, but I do know several people who've carried healthy babies after 2 m/cs. My hope is that this will also be the case for you.

Emily
#6 of 9 Old 05-26-2005, 06:05 PM

#7 of 9 Old 05-26-2005, 09:20 PM

I'm so sorry.
#8 of 9 Old 05-27-2005, 01:49 AM
AAK

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Have all your m/c been really early? You may want to check your hormone levels throughout a cycle. before ov after ov, etc. I have a short luteal phase and late ovulation. My hormones, esp. prog. are really low and so now I start prog. supplements as soon as I get a pos. test. When we were with the fert. clinic (prev. pg) they had me start the supplement around 9 dpo each cycle.

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#9 of 9 Old 05-27-2005, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK
Have all your m/c been really early? You may want to check your hormone levels throughout a cycle. before ov after ov, etc. I have a short luteal phase and late ovulation. My hormones, esp. prog. are really low and so now I start prog. supplements as soon as I get a pos. test. When we were with the fert. clinic (prev. pg) they had me start the supplement around 9 dpo each cycle.

Amy
I m/c at 10 weeks, but the baby died at 6 weeks, this time around, it was right away. I am getting blood work done in about 2 weeks. we'll have to see what happens.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page