Feeling movement? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 06-18-2005, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Could it be? I've felt a little bump in the same place a few times - slightly right of center just behind my pubic bone. It really reminds me of the first few times I knew I was feeling DD at 15/16 weeks but I'm only 11 weeks now. I wouldn't describe it as fluttering like many say. More like a single, tiny, gentle tap of a finger.

What do you think?
#2 of 18 Old 06-18-2005, 05:54 PM

I felt my second baby at 11 weeks. I know so many people say it's gas, but it wasn't. I've never felt that sort of "gas" before or since. And this time, I have felt the baby "flutter" twice, once at 11 weeks and once at about 11.5. I was leaning against my kitchen counter in a way that was applying some pressure to my belly, compressing the space in my abdomen, I think. It's so fun to have that feeling!!

I think you were feeling your baby, too, especially if you think you were. You know that feeling from last time.
#3 of 18 Old 06-19-2005, 12:15 AM

The 1st time I felt my son move was around 16 weeks- three light taps on my tummy after drinking ice water. I wasn't sure if it was him or not, until later when I SAW him move on U/S and knew it was the same feeling! To me it feels like little muscle spasms, and sometimes flutters. It's such an amazing feeling, isn't it?

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#4 of 18 Old 06-19-2005, 08:58 AM

I'm pretty sure I have felt the baby move too. I am 10.5 weeks.
I felt DD at 15 weeks and it felt just the same.

It was a light fluttery feeling, not at all like any gas I've ever had.

I thought it must be my imagination b/c its so soon but maybe not!
#5 of 18 Old 06-20-2005, 12:20 AM

I don't think I have felt the baby yet, but yesterday morning I was lying in bed touching the sides of my belly when I felt this really quick little drumbeat. Did I feel the heartbeat????? I am only 12 weeks and that seems really weird, but we have been hearing the heartbeat (with a Bebe passive stethoscope) since last week. Does anyone else think this is incredibly early????
#6 of 18 Old 06-20-2005, 02:40 PM

I didn't feel Julian until 14 weeks, but I've been feeling this one since 9 and I'm 13 now. I went a week without feeling anything somewhere in the middle- it's still sporadic. I'm guessing in the next couple weeks it'll start being an every day thing.
#7 of 18 Old 06-20-2005, 02:42 PM

I felt my first at 13 weeks, and I don't remember with my second :

I have been feeling some tightening when I am laying still, but I think it's just uterus type things rather than the baby.

How exciting for all you guys though!!! My dd keeps wanting to feel the baby! I'm ready too!!!!
#8 of 18 Old 06-21-2005, 05:43 AM

I felt my first at about 16 weeks and my second at 20 weeks. How exciting to feel those first little flutters!!!
#9 of 18 Old 06-21-2005, 11:05 AM

Not feeling anything yet...I think i felt ethan around 18 weeks.

I cant wait to feel those little kicks again and always loved when he got the hiccups...

Alicia
#10 of 18 Old 06-21-2005, 11:46 AM

I'm not feeling anything yet either (I'm 11 weeks today), but wish I would feel some sign of pregnancy...It does seem like my stretch marks are coming on already (sigh)....Other than the occasional dry heaves, sore boobs, tiredness, I don't feel very pregnant...but I am reminding myself that this is the way I felt with ds.
#11 of 18 Old 06-21-2005, 02:24 PM

Every once in awhile I feel something that feel so much like it could be the baby moving, but I don't think it is. Muscle twinges happen a lot down there, and bowel changes can feel a LOT like the baby moving. So I'd say, no movement here yet. But I can't wait to feel them!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#12 of 18 Old 06-27-2005, 01:19 AM

I am 10 weeks, and I think I might have felt the baby? I've felt lil twitches, and a light tap a couple times like you've talked about, but I've just talked myself out of it, saying it was a muscle spasm or something. I can't wait to KNOW that I'm feeling the baby!

Oh, one funny thing is that if I"m sitting down, and looking at my belly, I can see my pulse make my belly jump. The first time I saw it, I thought it was the baby, until I realized it was WAY too early for that!
#13 of 18 Old 06-27-2005, 01:24 AM

About 3-4 days ago I felt the first little tap. I have felt the same tap once a day since then It is a very exciting feeling!

My first I felt at about 15 weeks. With my daughter I think it was a little earlier maybe.
#14 of 18 Old 06-27-2005, 01:58 PM

I thought I might be until I figured out where my uterus is...still so low. So now I think it's probably just gas I feel.

I'm very much looking forward to it though.

Pac NW : mum to one amazing wonderboy - 3 1/2 :
#15 of 18 Old 06-28-2005, 03:06 PM

I'm 10.5 weeks and the other day I felt a little flutter out of the blue. I told my husband I thought I might of felt the baby, he thinks it is way too early - and according to what you read I guess it is. But hearing what others are saying, mabye it was the baby after all.

I can't remember when I felt the baby move the first time I was pg. I want to say it was 16 weeks though.

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#16 of 18 Old 07-05-2005, 01:25 PM

I'm pretty sure I felt movement today (11.5 weeks.) It was a single tap in the exact same spot that my midwife found the heartbeat. I've felt a few flutters here and there, but I couldn't be sure it was the baby. This was pretty unmistakeable. It was the same as the first movements I felt with dd's, although I didn't feel them until 14-15 weeks. How exciting!
#17 of 18 Old 07-05-2005, 03:07 PM

I felt my first at 15 wks. I felt my 2nd at 12 wks. This is my 3rd and I'm 12 wks 3 days now, have been feeling that certain little something for over a week, really sporadic. It's very wonderful

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (6), Butterfly (23mos) and Rythm (due at home 1/06)
#18 of 18 Old 07-05-2005, 07:32 PM

I haven't felt anything yet but this is my first pregnancy. And it's early days for that, so I'm told. I'm really looking forward to it, though!

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page