When do you think you'll deliver? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My EDD is 1/7 but I have this feeling that it'll be the 14th or 15th depending on how long labor is. The 14th is the full moon.

With DD, her due date was 1/8 and I joked the whole pregnancy that she'd be born on the 18th because that was the full moon. Well, I went into labor on the 18th but didn't get her out until the 20th.

Anyone else have a feeling of when you'll deliver? Anyone been right in the past?
#2 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 01:01 AM

I'm due on the 12th and I am thinking that it will probably be around the 17th, but no later than the 21st. I tend to go later, but other than that, it's just a feeling I have.

With DD I had a feeling that she would come on Saturday, but she couldn't wait and came on Friday the 13th instead (full moon). =)
#3 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 01:07 AM

Oh, I thought the 17th was the full moon!

My actual due date is the 19th, but I thought I'd go on the 17th, because I thought that was the full moon. My grandmother's birthday is the 17th, and she died a couple weeks before I found out I was pg. I thought it would be cool for my baby to be born on her birthday.

But I have no sense of when I'll go for sure. Isn't it true that you usually go a bit later with your first?
#4 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 04:08 AM

Calendar I have says the full moon is the 17th... I'll look later. For now, must go back to bed, will reply later, my head hurts...

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (6), Butterfly (23mos), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)
#5 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 07:54 AM

With ds1 I went 7 wks early! With ds2 and ds3 I went 2 days past my due date. The mw has my edd as 1-4, I think it's 1-6 which would have a delivery date of 1/8. My ds1's due date was 1/8 so I think it would be neat to have our last babe on the due date of our first! Does that make sense? Only the babe knows for sure.

momma to 4!
#6 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 09:00 AM

I am actually due 12/31, but am not even thinking of the baby being due in Dec. My expectation, based on the other two births, is that this baby will be born at about 41 weeks. The first was 11 days "late", but my EDD was calculated on a 28 day cycle that time, which wasn't accurate for me. My second had an accurate EDD and stayed in a there a week later. I expect the third will do something similar. No "gut" feelings, though. With this issue, my intuition has failed me in the past and I've ended up supremely frustrated that the baby is not born YET!!
#7 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 09:51 AM
SMR

My due date is December 30 - but I think the baby will come out January 5! I asked the pendulum - and though it's been wrong before.. I have to trust it somewhat! haha
I had a dream a couple months ago that I was looking at the calendar for January and I pointed to the 8th and thought that would be it b/c of the full moon.. but when I woke up, I realized that the 8th was NOT the full moon!
I don't think I'll be 'allowed' to make it for a full moon delivery - since I've giving birth in a hospital, they don't like it when babies bake longer than 2 weeks! So hopefully this one comes on it's own earlier in January!

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
#8 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 10:25 AM

I'm due on the 28th but I feel like baby will be here on February 1st. Either that or January 1st. I don't know, the 1st really sticks out to me lately. Glad to see I'm not the only one who has this premonition! I can't wait to see if we were right!

Hollin
#9 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 10:40 AM

Definitely late-as 2 of my babes were.

But then again, since I was so sure of the conception date, my EDD changed dramatically. If they had gone by my last period it would have been sometime in late Dec!

So, really who knows?

I always wanted one to come early! But the closest I got was my 2nd, born 15 mins. before her due date. :LOL

Can't wait to see!
#10 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 11:16 AM

I was 2-3 days late with both boys, so I'm guessing around Dec.31. DH wants a 2005 baby, so we'll try and make it!
#11 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 12:17 PM

I am due January 15......and I have been thinking either the 16th or 17th....I can't wait to see if I'm right!
#12 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 01:00 PM

I'm due Jan. 7, but for numerous reasons they won't let me go that long. My guess is the cesarean will be scheduled between Christmas and New Year's- whatever is convenient for the doc- because that's what really matters, right?
On a lighter note, this means that I'm the only one in my family whose birthday isn't in December. Busy month!
Peace,
Mary
#13 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 01:52 PM

I am due January 6th, but I am guessing the baby will come some time in December. My daughter (last pregnancy) came 2 weeks and 6 days early. My son (first kiddo) would have likely gone to 41 weeks or more, but I was induced due to really high BP.

I'm not getting my hopes up that this will come in December, but that is my gut feeling. I just hope he or she doesn't come on Christmas or Christmas Eve. My birthday is January 5th. I wouldn't mind sharing a birthday with my baby.
#14 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 02:07 PM

I'm due Dec. 26 but am pretty sure it'll be a January baby- likely the 1st. With Julian I was due Feb. 3 but all along I said he would be born in January, and he was born Jan. 31 at 11:39 pm.
#15 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 02:35 PM

I'm not sure. I'm "due" the 15th. That's the date the mw and I put down on paper anyway, though I'm not honestly sure when my last period was or when I ovluated, I'm just guessing based on moon cycles since I'm usually right with them. My boys were born at 38 wks 2 days and 38 wks 5 days.

I asked my first to be born at a certain time and he was. My DH worked 6 days a week and a couple weeks before I was due he was off two days a week. For a month before I talked to the baby, asking him to please come on a Monday or Tuesday so his daddy could attend thebirth. Then we found out that insurance would stop covering me on September 1st, so I asked the baby if he could come before September 1st. He was born on Monday, August 31st at 21:37. (coincidentally, the insurance called two days later to say they decided notto pay anyway!!!! GRRR! still mad about that!) My 2nd I had a feeling about when he'd come. I had a feeling he'd come on our anniversary. I went into labor 11 days before our anniversary, on the full moon. I also always though I'd go into labor on the full moon, and then I did. Of course, I was in labor for 12 more days (haha -- joke's on me, right? LOL) My 2nd was born ont he day after our anniversary, I call him our Seven Year Itch

This one? I'm not sure. My due date is MLK Jrs birthday. I know my daddyu would get a huge kick out of that and that's right beforfe a full moon. I've never made it to 40 wks before but I keep having this feeling that that's when this one is coming, though I'm not sure if it's wishful thinking or something real yet. This baby doesn't talk to me much yet, so I have no real idea. I'm sure it'll be January, and I hope it's not the 6th. I know someone born on the 6th and I'd be fairly unhappy to have to associate my child and herfor the rest of my life like that (she's a person I don't particularly like, though I don't dislike her either, I'd just rathernot have my kid share a birthday, ya know?)

On a light note, I have a friend due the same week as me and I'm really eager to see which of us goes first. People keep joking we'll go atthe same time, which wouldn't be funny because I'm supposed tob e at herbirth, but then again, it would be funny

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (6), Butterfly (2 next week!), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)
#16 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 03:24 PM

Well think about it Tara, all those birthing vibes, and both of us heavily pregnant at the time... I can totally see that happening- one of us goes into labor, the other comes over, and after a while all the birth energy in the air makes the other one go into labor too! (BTW, I think you're having a girl, I've felt that the whole time)
#17 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 04:38 PM

I'm due 1/21, but I'm thinking I'll deliver sometime between 1/28 and 2/1. I had a scheduled c-section at 38w3d with dd's, and I had no signs of labor going on at all. I think I would have carried them to at least 40 weeks. I know each pregnancy is different, but if I can carry twins that long, I really wonder how long I'll carry a singleton!
#18 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 04:43 PM

Actually, that'sone of themain reasons I said I wouldn't takeany more clients after mid/late December. I know it effectsme. I'd go to births and instantly start my period. What's really neat is that the two I did in April were my two homebirths, two friends. I bled withthe firstone and I conceived with the second Now somebody tell me birth isn't powerful stuff
I don't mind if one of our birthingenergy effects the other. How about uh, you go first? LOL Nah, I lovelabor, I'll go first No wait, yours'll probabl ybe longer, you go first afterall LOL I think January's going to bea very interesting month!

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (6), Butterfly (2 next week!), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)
#19 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 05:39 PM

I have absolutely no idea, really. My EDD is Dec 29 but I'm hoping for after Jan 2 - because that's when my midwife is back from her vacation. She has a partner in her practise who will cover her and if I go into labor between Dec 15 and Jan 2, I'd be working with the partner. I'm hoping Baby will cooperate with my plan. It is a first pregnancy, after all.

Plus, I haven't had an u/s yet so my date may change.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#20 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 05:55 PM

Well, you said you go early Tara, so I think you'll go first. Besides, I keep thinking I'll go late... but don't really have anything except a hunch to base that on.
#21 of 26 Old 07-19-2005, 06:30 PM

My edd is Dec 23, 'tho my midwife told me with 1st pregnancies, 41 weeks is more common. That would put me at Dec 30. I have a feeling, though, that this baby isn't coming until January... not sure why, just a hunch...
#22 of 26 Old 07-20-2005, 12:11 AM

#23 of 26 Old 07-20-2005, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

This calendar and a bunch of others that I googled say the full moon is the 14th. I also found one that said it was the 13th - but none on the 17th. Weird.

Regardless, I'd still like the 14th for DC's birthday. It's a nice, round number and my college roommate's birthday. It's also a Saturday, which would be great because it buys DH a few extra days off of work.
#24 of 26 Old 07-20-2005, 10:53 PM

#25 of 26 Old 07-31-2005, 11:42 PM
AAK

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Anna was 4 days post date. Kayla was 10 days post date. I am due the 21st Anna was born the 29th. She thinks it would be cool to share the day, so we are going for the 29th.

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#26 of 26 Old 08-01-2005, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK
Anna was 4 days post date. Kayla was 10 days post date. I am due the 21st Anna was born the 29th. She thinks it would be cool to share the day, so we are going for the 29th.

Amy
My birthday's the 29th! It's also Oprah's and LaToya Jackson's so you really couldn't pick a better day, IMO. :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page