A sex-guessing thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Before anyone goes and finds out via u/s, should we start a thread for what we think the sex of the baby is? We can do it here (although I'm slow at updating if we put it all on this first post) or we could add it to the We're Due thread.

What do you think?

Personally, I'm having very strong boy vibes. Even to the point of sorting DD's things for neutral pieces and picking up a few cute boy things at garage sales. :

Here's the list so far:

Mama~~~~~~~guess~~when?~~~~~~~actual
hottmama ~~~~~ girl ~ birth ~ Luka Palani, 12/21/05, 9#, 21"
Willowrose ~~~~~ boy ~ u/s ~ Lily Grace, 1/12/06, 8# 9 oz, 20.5"
Persephone ~~~~ boy ~ birth ~ Victoria Rose, 1/??/06, 6# 10oz, 20"

ajsgirl ~~~~~~~ girl ~~ u/s ~ Soraya Marin, 1/2/06, 6# 5 oz, 19"
ehsclt ~~~~~~~ boy ~ birth ~ Maeve Sarah, 1/13/06, 8# 12oz, 20"
Lindsaylou ~~~~ girl ~ birth ~ Annabelle Sydney, 11/28/05, 5# 9oz, 18"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Willow Marie, 11/28/05, 5# 9oz, 18.75"
beachcomber ~~~ boy ~ u/s ~ Carys Bryn, 12/29/05, 7# 4oz, 19.7"
Polkadots ~~~~~ boy ~ birth ~ Eli Magellan, 1/6/06, 10# 13oz, 21.5"
because ~~~~~~ boy ~ birth ~ Henry Kelly, 12/29/05, 7.5#, 20.5"
GreenMommy ~~~ girl ~~ u/s ~ Kai John, 1/14/06, 9# 15 oz, 21"
Jeanna L ~~~~~~ boy ~ birth ~ __________
OhMel ~~~~~~~ boy ~ birth ~ Avery Carson, 1/22/06
MamaTaraX ~~~~ girl ~ birth ~ Baby Rythm, 1/15/06, 8 # 13 oz, 21"
Hollin ~~~~~~~~ boy ~ u/s ~ Alden Daniel, 1/19/06, 6# 2 oz
jayayenay ~~~~~ girl ~ birth ~
Getz ~~~~~~~~ boy ~ u/s ~ boy
megpaw ~~~~~~ girl ~ birth ~ Liam James, 1/16/06, 9# 1oz, 22"
MuhajibahMama ~ girl ~ u/s ~~ Saira, 1/20/06, 8# 13oz, 22.5"
gethane ~~~~~~ girl ~ u/s ~~ girl
Lovebuggy ~~~~ boy ~ u/s ~~ boy
Sgingers ~~~~~ girl ~~ birth? ~ ___________
SMR ~~~~~~~~ girl ~~ u/s ~~ Gwen Olivia, 1/1/06,
wugmama ~~~~~ girl ~ birth ~ Asher Anthony, 1/1/06, 7# 4oz, 20.5"
WitchyMama2 ~~ boy ~ u/s ~~ Piper Anastasia, 1/12/06, 9# 1oz, 20.75"
wmama ~~~~~~ boy ~ birth ~ ___________
AnnD ~~~~~~~ girl ~~ birth ~ ___________
AAK ~~~~~~~~ girl ~~ u/s ~~ girl
emjgee ~~~~~~ boy ~ u/s ~~ ___________
lairelin ~~~~~~~ girl ~ u/s ~~ in our hearts
ScotiaSky ~~~~ girl ~~ birth ~ Novia Blue Laurence, 1/8/06, 8# 1 oz, 20.5"
ozzyemm ~~~~~ boy ~ birth ~ Michael Asa, 11/21/05, 7# 11 oz, 19.5"
zjandosmom ~~~ girl ~ birth ~ Winifred Caitlin, 1/8/06, 7# 12 oz, 19.5"
Raisingarrows ~~ boy ~ ____ ~ ___________
day sleeper ~~~ girl ~~ u/s ~ ___________
burke-a-bee ~~~ girl ~ u/s ~~____________
bluelightblues ~~ ??? ~ u/s ~~ girl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 02:41 PM

I'm guessing it's a girl, but won't find out until December, unless something's wrong and I need an U/S.
#3 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 02:53 PM

I'm guessing boy. We will find out in about 4 weeks or less!!!
#4 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 03:04 PM

Before I got pg, I always said my first would be a girl. Because girls, I get, and boys, not so much. But after I got pg, I started using "he" a lot, because that's the standard if you don't know the gender (and you're not being PC). And I would always pray for a girl. But one day, I was like, "God, please give me a girl-- but a boy wouldn't be so bad either." And then it hit me. And I told dh, "I think I'm having a boy!" And I got all giddy and couldn't stop giggling... and so now I think I'm having a boy. And I really mean it wouldn't be so bad... dh was a sweet boy, and if we had a boy like dh, I could be happy with that. (Would NOT want a boy like me- or a girl for that matter! I was a holy terror!)

However, we won't find out for sure til the baby gets here! So that's a long wait!
#5 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 03:13 PM

I am REALLY thinking girl this time. But I've told everyone that, so I've probably jinxed it. A girl would be nice for balance, but boys I know, so I don't really care. We will find out though. We're just too impatient.

But I just have this major inkling that it's a girl. I feel different this time (not as sick) and the heartrate is a lot slower than with ds. I am usually very in tune with my body, so if it's a boy, I'll be really surprised.
#6 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 03:20 PM

I think I'm having a boy. I have two girls, so the chances are 85% or something that it's a girl, but I've been finding myself reading the against circiumcision board and like Jessica, buying some boys' things.

We won't find out in a u/s, so we're looking forward to a surprise at birth.
#7 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 03:35 PM

We won't find out until this little one arrives, but I am having a strong feeling its a boy. I have for a few weeks now. When I finally heard the HB on Monday it was 160. Not that HB is real accurate, but it makes my feeling of a boy more real to me.

I was right with my other two, so I feel confident. I can't wait to find out!
#8 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 04:14 PM

We'll be finding out in about 2 weeks at the u/s.

I have a strong feelin git's a boy, though. I don't know if that's because it's true or if it's me trying to mentally get used to the idea of a boy. I always wanted a girl before I got pregnant. And my whole family wants a girl because there are only grandsons - 6 of them! - in the family.

Either way, we'll know soon.

And, to be honest, if it is a boy, I am already happy with that notion. I have loads of people to go to for advice on raising boys in my family!

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#9 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 04:52 PM

We're not going to find out at the u/s but I'm guessing it's a boy. I think my partner and I are the only ones that think boy though. Everyone else is thinking girl. Who knows - last night I dreamt it was twins.

Pac NW : mum to one amazing wonderboy - 3 1/2 :
#10 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 06:19 PM

We did not find out with ds but want to with this one. I will find out in August at 20 weeks (if the baby wants to let us take a peak).

I feel it in my bones that this is a girl.

Alicia
#11 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 07:28 PM

Both DH and I have very strong boy vibes. I've even had a couple of dreams with a son in them... (the first was weeks ago, and he was a toddler, the second was last night, just a newborn - and in my dream I thought, "so it really was a boy after all!") We won't find out till s/he gets here for sure!!
#12 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 07:32 PM

Well, I think it's a boy but I did have a dream where it was a girl. My dad also had a dream where it was a girl. We won't find out until Baby Cashew is born!
#13 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 07:58 PM

No idea. Not finding out until birth, though my DH wants me to have a u/s in a few weeks to find out. I'm afraid that if we find out it's a boy, he'll be walking around disappointed for 4 more months. I keep referring to the baby as a girl/she/her when I speak to it or about it and am not conciously thinking of what to say though.

Persephone's having a boy, she has a really strogn boy vibe and I'm gonna laugh my butt off if it's a girl. I'm usually pretty good at guessing.

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (6), Butterfly (2 next week!), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)
#14 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 09:52 PM

I definitely think it's a boy. Before I got pregnant, I thought I'd be devastated over a boy because I wanted a girl so badly, but now I'm actually really excited for a little man! I will find out at u/s in about 2 mos. I can't wait, but I feel so certain already that it's a boy! My mom also thinks it's a boy and she guessed that I was pregnant before I even knew so I trust her intuition

Hollin
#15 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 10:13 PM

#16 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaTaraX
Persephone's having a boy, she has a really strogn boy vibe and I'm gonna laugh my butt off if it's a girl. I'm usually pretty good at guessing.
ooooh - should we add a "MamaTaraX says" column? Do you get vibes for everyone or do you just know Persephone from RL?
#17 of 70 Old 07-20-2005, 11:57 PM

I think I am having a boy. I will be finding out by u/s.

My sister is pg now too, as long as one of us has a girl I will be happy (she won't find out till birth)
#18 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 12:08 AM

I have horrible intuition about these things, but if I had to guess, at this moment in time I think we are having another girl. We'll find out at birth!
#19 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 01:22 AM

I haven't a clue anymore...for a while I had very strong boy vibes...then the girl vibes kicked in...now I've got these weird boy feelings again! The only clothes I've bought have been for girls (but two other friends are pregnant, so SOMEONE should be able to use them! Last time I said that we all had girls! :LOL )...BUT all the diapering items I have bought have been gender neutral. I never had even the slightest boy inkling with my 2 DDs, so I dunno...we're going to try to find out at the Ultrasound, but that's not for another month.
#20 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because
ooooh - should we add a "MamaTaraX says" column? Do you get vibes for everyone or do you just know Persephone from RL?
Tara knows me IRL. Though a MamaTaraX column would be amusing... sounds like the name for a psychic. You could be the Miss Cleo of MDC! :
#21 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhajibahMama
I haven't a clue anymore...for a while I had very strong boy vibes...then the girl vibes kicked in...now I've got these weird boy feelings again!
OK, I'll put you as "boy" today. If it changes, let me know! :LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone
Tara knows me IRL. Though a MamaTaraX column would be amusing... sounds like the name for a psychic. You could be the Miss Cleo of MDC!
I don't know MamaTaraX IRL so as far as I know, she is a psychic! :LOL It does sound like a name of someone sitting behind a crystal ball with a turban or something - very hollywood.
#22 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 12:08 PM

I'm getting girl feelings. Mostly because this pregnancy is a lot different than both my boy pregnancies. I'll hopefully find out at my u/s on Aug 30.
#23 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 12:38 PM

At the very beginning of my pregnancy, I had very strong boy vibes. Then as time went on, I began getting very strong girl vibes and began referring to the baby as a "her" in my head. However, the very first dream I had where the baby was actually born, it has been a boy. So I guess I'll stick with my original thought of boy. But I'm really not sure one way or the other. We'll be finding out what it is probably August 18 (I will make the appointment for the big U/S this afternoon at my appointment.) I cannot wait to find out...I think people who wait until birth to find out have a ton of willpower.
#24 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 12:39 PM

I have no idea, can we change our guess later? My sister-in-law always gets it right, but she hasn't said anything yet. I think hmmmmm boy. We won't find out until birth.
#25 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 12:46 PM

I think people who wait until birth to find out have a ton of willpower.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had found out with our first, everything else was so new, I couldn't believe it was actually a baby, I'm not sure what I was expecting. This is our huge family tie-breaker. I have two girls and two boys everyone is voting accordingly, even Mom and Dad. It will be hard during our 16-20 week u/s especially if we're watching because u/s are becoming more and more clear and i really wanted to pay extra for a 4-D u/s they look so coool! If I can make it through then it doesn't take anymore willpower, just that one appt. But if we do make a 4-D appt. I guess we will find out, maybe I just changed by own mind by chatting so much!
#26 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 12:48 PM
SMR

I think it's a girl.. pendulum has been saying that my first would be a girl for years, so who am I to question!? haha However.. we are having an ultrasound next Friday, so hopefully the baby will cooperate then we'll have more solid proof! In my experience with many people, the pendulum has not been wrong though! I'd be really happy with either sex though...

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
#27 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I don't know MamaTaraX IRL so as far as I know, she is a psychic! It does sound like a name of someone sitting behind a crystal ball with a turban or something - very hollywood.
LOL! You know what's funny? I used to have this picture of me with something turban-like on my head, I don't have it anymore. These pictures are about as close to "Tara needs a crystal ball!" as I can get for you:

No crystal ball,but kind of a I dunno, gypsy-esque feel with the clothes and all. Eh, those were the first that came to mind.
As for mypsycic baby-telling abilities, I'm surprisingly good at it. I have probably a 99% accuracy for people I can see face-to-face, and I've done extremely well with people online, surprisingly. Some people I know instantly, some I know further down the road. I've only been wrong a small handful of times, right far outweighing. I don't think I deserve my own column or anything though LOL

Namaste, Tara (who justrealized that probably no one on MDC, other than people who know me IRL, have ever seen me before right now )
mama to Doodle (6), Butterfly (2 next week!), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)
#28 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 01:15 PM

I have to say, you look so cute in side braids! I haven't been able to pull that off. And I love that skirt! *drool*
#29 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 01:20 PM

Tara,

If you're THAT good at guessing baby sex, then when I get to Indy, I must seek you out and have you guess for me, as we don't plan an U/S this time and I have little willpower. Ha! Ha!

You look like I imagined you might, a beautiful mix of a few ethnicities, right? Did I read that on the Indy thread? But, you look to be so very young (yes, you do detect some envy here ) Are those recent photos?

Emily

P.S. Sounds to me like maybe we are going to have more boys born in Jan than girls. Not that I've counted; it just seems that way.
#30 of 70 Old 07-21-2005, 04:23 PM

I just don't know!!! With my first, I didn't think I knew, but then I was looking at baby boy items on a rack at a store and I had the distinct thought to myself, "these are cute but I need girl clothes". I was shocked that I had that thought, and sure enough the ultrasound showed a girl!

With THIS pg though, we will not find out until the birth. But I just have no feelings either way!!! I guess right now I am a ???.

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page