MIL is driving me nuts!!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-06-2005, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That woman has no respect for me at all, she bought a Broncos outfit for ds, i have never even taken it out of the bag, i did not burn it Like I whanted to, she is aware how strongly I feel about pro sports and not wanting to suport them, I said this to her and she shows up and insists on puting it on him. It is such a slap in the face . If her MIL had done this to her she would have benn fuming, but everyone thinks it is freeking funny when she is the one making fun of me. soory had to . i dont whant to make this a big deal she has done a lot for us, but I realy feel she has crosed the line.

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
#2 of 4 Old 11-07-2005, 04:50 AM

I've had my fair share of MIL's... and I do not miss them. I am glad that my dh's mom passed away before I came into the picture. They all tell me she would have loved me, but ya know... I don't take chances anymore. Sorry for your MIL hell.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#3 of 4 Old 11-15-2005, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

So my MIL also not only gave my son a complete Broncos outfit which I asked her not to buy, she then came over removed the outfit I had dressed him in and put it on him.

Then got pissed at me for being "spoiled and ungratefull" Then told me she puts up with me doing things and beliving things that she finds moraly reprehensable ( she is refering to me not being Cathlic), and I could at least put up with her giveing HER grandson somthing she thought was cute. ( she did it to irrate me she knew how I felt about football)

During her little speech about my lack of moral value, I keeepd my cool, then politle asked her how she would have felt if her MIL had done the same thing. She snaps back with " she did it all the time , you should be gratefull I am not her" (I love GIL by the way) I also reminded her that he is MY son, and I am responsable for how I raise is my child, and what I teach him are up to me and DH.

Her responce
Yes it is But...............
then she stoped, and though better about what she was going to say. but she is still realy pissed, and is looking for a reason to be mad at me that she can justafy, she I think is more mad that I was right than about the outfit.

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
#4 of 4 Old 11-15-2005, 04:12 PM

I feel the same way you do about pro-sports (or sports in general) and my mom got a Spurs onesie and bib set for the babe. Gave it to me AT MY BABY SHOWER. So, I had all of the mainstream, Spurs fan types, oohing and aahing over how cute it is, and me and Carlo both going 'Oh......thanks.' :

She picked it out *specificly* because she knew that I would hate it. Her girlfriend told me so. So, I told her that I'd eBay it and pick out something that I really liked for the baby. She was po'd, but oh well.

Maybe I can get a 'Veggie Baby' one instead! She's REAL keen on the idea of the kid being vegetarian.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page