Anyone else NOT peeing through the night? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-11-2005, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my first pregnancy I was up at least once a night to go to the bathroom. This time I haven't done that once. Anyone else not getting up in the middle of the night? Maybe it is the way the baby is positioned this time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 11-11-2005, 07:52 PM

I don't have to pee until I get up in the morning. No middle of the night trips for me this time either!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#3 of 12 Old 11-11-2005, 08:04 PM

I get up *maybe* once a week. I'm pretty good about not having to go.
#4 of 12 Old 11-11-2005, 08:26 PM

Wow! I'm so jealous of you guys. I have to get up at least twice a night. It has slowed down though, real early on I was sometimes getting up 5 times a night! It was insane. I wish I had a bladder of steel. Personally, I think my baby is a little jokester who kicks my bladder for laughs!
#5 of 12 Old 11-11-2005, 09:02 PM

Last week I could have joined this group. But now, I have to pee once a night, and then once in the morning. Not too bad, but i think it will be getting worse before it gets better!
#6 of 12 Old 11-11-2005, 09:34 PM

Never in my life before I got pg would I ever have to pee in the middle of the night. Since I got pg, it's been AT LEAST once, and more often of late, twice or more. Combined with insomnia, I guess I'm getting a taste of sleep deprivation before the babe even comes! Joy!
#7 of 12 Old 11-11-2005, 09:40 PM

Man, I'm jealouS! I've been getting up at least 2-3 times a night to pee. I had one night last week where I slept through the entire night, and I called my mom to report it, it was such big news! (A small miracle considering the urination issue and the fact that we're cosleeping with a 20 month old!)

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#8 of 12 Old 11-12-2005, 01:23 AM

Even if I have to pee, I usually won't get up and go unles its direly urgent. Its far too much effort for me to hoist my mass out of bed just to trickle some pee.

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (7), Butterfly (2), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)
#9 of 12 Old 11-12-2005, 04:27 AM

Tara, I am the same way. However, my capacity for holding it has greatly diminished. I will think if I don't go pee RIGHT now, I will soak the bed, only to work to squeeze a trickle (TMI!!!). Wow, I guess we are in the third trimester, huh??
#10 of 12 Old 11-12-2005, 04:38 AM

Emily, I"m the same way. Only reason I don't fight the urge is because I can't sleep if I don't pee, and I have enough of a hard time getting to sleep, I don't need it to be any worse. :P
#11 of 12 Old 11-12-2005, 09:31 AM

Me too, Emily and Persephone. I am starting to get up feeling like I have to pee like crazy and have the smallest amount come out. It's so hard. I remember after I gave birth last time being absolutely amazed at how much pee my bladder would hold after being pregnant for so long. Pee would just keep coming and coming. LOL. It was really surprsing!!
#12 of 12 Old 11-17-2005, 09:13 PM

I've been MIA for a while...but I just wanted to chime in here that if you find you're not peeing in the night...though it may be perfectly normal for you...just be a bit cautious and watch for fluid retention...I thought I was so lucky that I didn't have to run to the bathroom every 10min with my first...but I ended up with severe edema (but no high BP) in my 3rd trimester...I would much perfer getting up several times a night...anyway, it's just something to be aware of and watch for.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page