How The Bleep Did I Get Pink Eye!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-14-2005, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How did I get pink eye, and how do I get rid of it? With out going to the doctor? I realy dont want to have to stick atibiotics in my eye.

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
#2 of 5 Old 11-14-2005, 03:37 PM

Breast milk will get rid of pink eye. Got a friend who's got milk?

Also, if it is the viral pink eye, antibiotic ointment or drops won't help anyways. It will go away with time. My husband and I got pink eye last year when we had viral colds - it was like the virus got in our eyes (only one each though).

I think dr sears website has something about pink eye. I think it lists the symptoms for both bacterial and viral pink eye. If it sounds like you have viral, don't bother going in - it will pass!

Good luck!

~Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#3 of 5 Old 11-14-2005, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I aprecate the info. I unfortunitly am not currently lactating, and know no one who is, I have been applying hot compresses and keeping it clean and washing my hands a lot. hopefull I will not pass it on to dh or ds.

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
#4 of 5 Old 11-14-2005, 07:03 PM

Soak regular (like Lipton) tea bags in water, drain off the excess, then put it on your eye and lay back and relax for 5 minutes. You can repeat this several times a day (with new bags each time, of course!) This has cleared up pink eye for probably half a dozen people I know. Hope it gets better soon!
#5 of 5 Old 11-14-2005, 11:28 PM

You are not alone. DH gave me pink eye last week and I am still recovering. warm Chamomile tea bags should help. I decided to take the antibiotics. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page