Flying Solo for the Holidays? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-17-2005, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Doctor told me at my very first OB visit that I wouldn't be going out of town for Christmas. We were going to go to SIL's, all of his family would be there, but he has to work the day before and the day after Thanksgiving..

So, we're having our holidays alone. Just the two of us! Who else is going to be cooking a gluttonous feast for 2 (or 3)?

I'm going to make a huge Thanksgiving dinner and freeze some leftovers for after the baby gets here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-17-2005, 05:25 PM

My family is coming to us for Tgiving (but I'd go to them if they had asked, they're just 2 hours away, but I like to host stuff. ) but we aren't going anywhere for Xmas... if anyone wants to see us, they come here. And help with the big fancy dinner. I don't know who we'll see for Xmas.
#3 of 5 Old 11-17-2005, 07:20 PM

Well, as of yesterday, we are staying here for Thanksgiving and I guess as of today my grandparents are coming here and my parents and sister are staying here. For Christmas, we had already planned to be here and since my family lives in town we're going to go over to my mom and dad's house for Christmas. I wouldn't mind cooking Thanksgiving for just the 3 of us if it ends of coming down to that though, it might end up being fun!
#4 of 5 Old 11-17-2005, 08:03 PM

Every Thanksgiving and Christmas is spent with just my husband and my kids. I don't have the huge family where everyone gets together like on Lifetime. My family doesn't really give a crap about each other. My only relatives live only 2 towns over, and I haven't seen them or talked to them in almost a year. Holidays are special, not a time to ruin it with my family.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#5 of 5 Old 11-18-2005, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Aaah, WitchyMama, I know what you mean!! I was going to go see my family for Thanksgiving...Yeah right. No way. After seeing my mom at the baby shower this weekend, that's enough time with her until the baby gets here. I'm thinking about telling her not to come, and having MIL come to help with the baby. My mom is such a bee eye tea see ech. She's really evil.

I think it'll be just the 2 of us. That's alright with me!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page