Damn it all! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-23-2005, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I knew knocking on pressed board wouldn't be enough the other day when you all were talking about being sick, and I said I hadn't been this season.

Now the girls, dh and I are all feeling like crap.
My head is stuffed up, my throat is killing me, and I have a horrible cough. And because she's sick, my 2 year old is back to all night nursing sessions.

...that'll teach me to find real wood next time...

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#2 of 13 Old 11-23-2005, 12:35 PM

, mama! Hope you all feel better soon.
#3 of 13 Old 11-23-2005, 01:25 PM

Try Emergen-C. We just tried it this year for the first time when we were getting sick and it really did the trick! My midwife said it was safe this stage in pg. If you take too much vitamin C it can give you the runs though - we just took one packet per day for a few days.

Good luck!
Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#4 of 13 Old 11-23-2005, 04:29 PM

See, another good reason why my computer is sitting on a nice big ol slab of real wood (in the shape of a very pretty nightstand bought back in the day when we had money)

Oh, and aside Ana: I was going to post to you and now I can since you started this one I had to cry lastnight. Those beautiful notecards you sent me? While I was gone yesterday evening, my toddler found a pair of scissors, opened thebox,and proceeded to make confetti out of a fair amount of them. I was devestated! They're soooo pretty..and they make lovely confetti I must say...but still. I felt so bad that you sent them to me and my toddler found and destroyed. He hasn't bothered them where they were for weeks. The good thing is that the letter you wrote was in there too and he left that alone. And this morning I found two more notecards he didn't get to destroying yet. BUt I was still sad to see such a pretty thing end up in a trashbag. Telling you is catharsic

Namaste, Tara
#5 of 13 Old 11-23-2005, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Tara! I'm so sorry your notecards got turned into confetti. They were very pretty weren't they? I'm glad your note didn't get ruined, just in case you want to save it aside in a baby box for years to come. (would you laugh if you knew that I had to run from room to room in my house to escape the two cats who kept getting in my face, my 7 year old who wanted to "chat" while I was trying to think, and my 2 year old who kept pulling down my pants -literally- while I was writing it? So if it seemed to be one big run-on sentence, now you know why! )

Tracy,

Do you get that at a healthfood store?

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#6 of 13 Old 11-23-2005, 05:14 PM

I got my box of Emergen-C at GNC. But if you can't find any, let me know, and I'll send you some. I've had the box for a long time, and it's still nearly full.
#7 of 13 Old 11-24-2005, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

This is the flu. I feel like crap and I'm not looking forward to the next few days. Getting this sick when I'm pregnant always means I'll end up in the ER with an IV stuck in my arm.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving who celebrated. We did go to my SIL's house, but I couldn't taste the turkey. : We left early so I could come home and nap.

#8 of 13 Old 11-25-2005, 03:00 AM
AAK

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
We get the emergen-C stuff at Fred Meyer in their Health food section. I have seen it at other local stores too, esp. if they have a "health" section.

Good luck! This darn bug wiped me out for what seemed like forever!

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 
#9 of 13 Old 11-25-2005, 03:55 AM

I'm sorry you're feeling bad! I sure hope you feel better. Rest as much as you can, though you probably are anyway. I don't need to tell you!

Just feel better. I've had a bad day, but I'm knocking on wood right now. I don't need an infection right now!!
#10 of 13 Old 11-25-2005, 09:48 PM

Gack. I hope you and the rest of your family feel better soon. It's bad enough being sick, but all of you at once really adds insult to injury.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#11 of 13 Old 11-26-2005, 08:55 AM

Yeah, Mama, Add me to the list. Sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, sniffles, feeling like poo poo.
#12 of 13 Old 11-26-2005, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Oh no! Not you too!!
Mine has moved down into my ears and chest. I'm not really sure if its better or worse. In the mornings I'm feeling okay, but by the night I am exhausted and feeling horrible. (Dh also took a 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon while leaving me with the 2 kids by myself...because HE didn't feel good. : Oh I would KILL for an uninterrupted 3 hour nap!!)

#13 of 13 Old 11-26-2005, 12:13 PM

Yeah. I barfed earlier. It was spectacular. Sorry, possible TMI, but I had to sit on the toilet while throwing up orange juice into the tub. It was the only way not to make a mess.

I have broken blood vessels all over my face. I'm just trying to relax, seeing as I feel like crap. I'm sorry he stuck you with the kids while you're sick. That's sucky. Maybe he can repay the favor later on?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page