Baby shower hostess gift? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-23-2005, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My shower is coming up in a few weeks and I've been trying to think of a thoughtful gift to give my 2 baby shower hosts. Both are serious foodies (as I am). One is a fashion designer and the other is a dentist. I was thinking gift certificates to a good restaurant?

I get such wonderful and unique ideas from this group so I thought I would ask. Any good ideas?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-23-2005, 02:59 PM

Hmm... all I got my hostesses were candles. They were thoughtful because each scent was picked out with each hostess in mind. I couldn't afford GC to a restaraunt, even if I knew which one they would like. GCs sound good-- maybe arrange a girls' night at a bar after the baby is born? (If that is your thing). I know you will get good ideas here!
#3 of 6 Old 11-23-2005, 04:51 PM

When I hosted my cousin's baby shower she brought me fresh flowers. I really thought that was nice!

~Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#4 of 6 Old 11-23-2005, 05:39 PM

Work shower I gave plants, always nice to have something living given to you.

For my family/friends shower that my MIL and SIL hosted each a really nice piece of glassware for serving food.
#5 of 6 Old 11-23-2005, 05:56 PM

Hmmm.. I won't be able to afford something like gift certificates. (hence the real need for a shower) I would say something small, but personal is always best. Something they really like.. flowers, a plant, candles, chocolates, some funky nail polish, or something that you handmade is even better!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#6 of 6 Old 11-23-2005, 06:24 PM

I made bracelets for my two friends that hosted my recent "shower"/brunch. I'm not the bracelet making type, but the bead store made it really easy and it was fun to pick out beads and colors specific to each person. It turned out to be less than $15/piece which I wouldn't be able to find gifts for that price! But...if they are food lovers-everyone always loves gift certificates to dinner places or Williams/sonoma, etc...

-KB

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page