Dear Baby Rythm, - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-23-2005, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that you are happy in there. I can tell, you move an awful lot. It's a little early for you to be lodging your head way on down in my pelvis though. Could you swim backup for another week or two? I mean, really, your poor mama's lower belly and pubic bone are in pain. It's no fun. I can't sit, I can't stand certain ways, even laying kind of sucks. I guess if you're happy there you can stay but um..yeah... Especially since you like to flip to breech, could you please just rise up for a little while? Give my muscles a break? Thanks a million!
I love you, Mama
#2 of 9 Old 11-23-2005, 04:49 PM

Tara, it flipped (yay!) and then dropped (sorry!) I feel like I am walking around with a canteloupe between my legs. Sounds like you do, too.

Hope your little sweetheart responds!
#3 of 9 Old 11-23-2005, 04:53 PM

Dear Baby Piper,

Though I know you've probably heard that mama's want their babies to move up and give their pelvis's a break (and you undoubtedly are only trying to make me most comfortable), I happen to be one of those mama's who need you to move DOWN just a tad instead. I know, I know.. but you see, I am very short waisted. So right now, you're practically touching my tonsils in the position you are in. Your buttocks are nicely wedged in between my ribs, and though I love your hiney where I can reach it and pat it, (and I secretly giggle every time your sister and father kiss my belly.. knowing they are kissing your rear ) I would love it so much if you could just wiggle down a tiny bit more. I promise you can stay in there for awhile longer, if you'll just give me (literally) some room to breathe.

I love you.

Love,
Mama

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#4 of 9 Old 11-23-2005, 09:04 PM

LOL! These are awesome letters.

Tara - I've been wanting to ask you, what prompted the unusual spelling "Rythm" - is there a story behind that?

I also think that you allow your babes to name themselves? Did I read this somewhere? I was curious about that too since you have two little ones how it worked out and what you call them in the interim etc. Did you have issues with birth certificates etc?

Hope you don't think I'm too nosy...

Pac NW : mum to one amazing wonderboy - 3 1/2 :
#5 of 9 Old 11-23-2005, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
#6 of 9 Old 11-23-2005, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polkadots
LOL! These are awesome letters.

Tara - I've been wanting to ask you, what prompted the unusual spelling "Rythm" - is there a story behind that?

I also think that you allow your babes to name themselves? Did I read this somewhere? I was curious about that too since you have two little ones how it worked out and what you call them in the interim etc. Did you have issues with birth certificates etc?

Hope you don't think I'm too nosy...
Umm...because I'm an idiot and thought that's how it was spelled and it stuck I'd typed it wrong so long that that's just what it is now. If that is indeed his or her real name, it will be spelled correctly. Umm..yeah, I'm an idiot

The nickname itself came from this baby's obvious love of music from the beginning. I've been part of a drum circle since before she was created and the minute she was conceived, a certain neat internal happiness sprang forth whenever I played or was around drums. When I could feel movement, the baby was dancing at drum circle and elsewhere. Nothing but R*H*ythm was fitting (hav eI mentioned that I feel stupid for spelling it wrong? If I told you how recently I realized that, you'd probably laugh....)

As for naming themselves.... This baby will definately be naming herself. We have no names picked out. One or two tentative ones. When she arrives, she can chose. If it takes her a month to tellus, so be it. There's nothing that says a birth certificate has to be filed instantly after a birth actually.

I don't use my kids' real names online, just nicknames (though the oldest has said "Don't call me Doodle!" for about a year now, I haven't thought of anything else for him to be LOL) My first didn't have or want much of a name when he was internal. So we named himand he responded during his fetal period very well to it. Once earthside, he fit the name beautifully. Doodle was his nickname from about 2 weeks earthside on. The second one we called Namaste and Butterfly in utero. Namaste the baby began to respond to from about 10 wks onward. That is his middle name actually. Once he wasborn, he responded to the name and we knew that's who he was. his real firstn ame, however, is after the midwife who attended his birth because my husband was so impressed with her. He doesn't seem to care that that's not the name he knows He still responds to Butterfly as well, his big brother began calling him that in-utero. The title of his birth story is "Emerging from the Crysalis: the Birth of My Butterfly" He will always be my Butterfly.

This baby's nickname is Rythm and atthe rate we're going, this will be the realname as well because I believe that is what this baby wants to be called. It may be a middle name, but will probaly be a first name.

hope my long answerisn't too boring.

Namaste, Tara (that is my real name, btw hehehe)
#7 of 9 Old 11-23-2005, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsclt

Tara, it flipped (yay!) and then dropped (sorry!) I feel like I am walking around with a canteloupe between my legs. Sounds like you do, too.

Hope your little sweetheart responds!
hehe no cantaloupe between legs YET but I can feel it coming. So far, just craptastic ligamint pain, pubic bone pain. I literally can't touch it without wincing. I'm sooo looking forward to the part of birth where the baby goes under it...*groan* Only lasts a second though, thankfully.
We're not sure if baby is really head down or not. She flip-flops. I think wherever she is now, she's staying though, so...here's hoping for a head down there. If that'snot a head, it is the world's wobbliest butt!!

Ana -- I love your letter to Piper! Wanna trade internal babies for a week or two? I'll give her back, promise

Namaste, Tara
#8 of 9 Old 11-23-2005, 11:01 PM

Tara,

Thanks for explaining how your children have chosen their names. I didn't realize that they had come by their names that way. I loved reading about it and have a whole lot of admiration for you and your DH for showing your children such respect from the get go.

Rythm is a great name!!

Emily
#9 of 9 Old 11-24-2005, 03:14 AM

Me too Tara - GREAT explanation. I absolutely adore the name Namasté.

I thought you had chosen that as a name, and customized it to fit you. I think it's really cool and indeed it sounds like that's the spelling that she chose for you.

I have a baby that is riding the pubic bone as well. We call him Jigger. I've been spending mucho time on the birth ball doing pelvic figure eights. His head is so low down I feel like I have a bowling ball just above my crotch.
I'll be highly surprised if I make it to Jan. 2.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!

Pac NW : mum to one amazing wonderboy - 3 1/2 :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page