80% effaced... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-25-2005, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...And 1cm dilated according to today's internal exam. I went in to get checked out as I was having some fairly significant cramping in my stomach and lower back as well as high vaginal pain and I lost my mucous plug yesterday. Put that together with some upset stomach and nausea and I was fairly certain something was going on.

Indeed it is.

I guess our wee one could be making his/her arrival sometime in the next two weeks.

So much for that last week of work I had planned - I'm now to take to the couch and stay there for at least a week.

Can you even believe it?

Pac NW : mum to one amazing wonderboy - 3 1/2 :
#2 of 12 Old 11-25-2005, 09:51 PM

Oh my goodness, Marci!! You're not supposed to birth before me, honey! How are you feeling about all this?

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

#3 of 12 Old 11-25-2005, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber
Oh my goodness, Marci!! You're not supposed to birth before me, honey! How are you feeling about all this?
Well of course we have nothing ready but I'm trying to keep a cool tool about it all. I'm excited more than anything and a little bit trepidatious.

So much for my month off to prepare everything. I was down to my last week of work...

#4 of 12 Old 11-25-2005, 10:16 PM

Could it really be?? Could you be the FIRST to go in the Jan ddc? Oh wow.. I guess that means we're all getting very close huh? Yikes!!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#5 of 12 Old 11-25-2005, 11:08 PM

Wishing you the best and hope you keep the little one in a little longer, so at least you have some time to mentally adjust.

Good luck and keep us updated if/when you can!
#6 of 12 Old 11-26-2005, 01:43 AM

Ya know, I've been meaning to post a "who will go first!?" poll for a few days now, I was going to wait until December started though Good luck Marci!!!! FWIW, you can walk around dilated and effaced for a month

Namaste, Tara
#7 of 12 Old 11-26-2005, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

THANK YOU Tara! I was hoping to hear something to that effect!

I'm going to go easy this next week and hope that he/she decides to cook a little longer.

#8 of 12 Old 11-26-2005, 04:45 AM

Well here's hoping that you get lots of rest and the little one waits a little longer... but on an optimistic note. Our dd (who is adopted) was due about Jan 12/04, and arrived Nov 28/03... at 5lbs, 18 inches, came home with us about 30 hrs after she arrived - and she's been in a hurry ever since! So 33/34 week arrivals can do just fine. However if your little one does arrive early, perhaps you can visit some of our relatives who all live in town with you, and are NOT waiting patiently for this new little one to arrive (due Jan 9) and then to get big enough for us to bring him and dd to Victoria to visit

Celeste
dd almost 2
ds due 1/9
in sunny SF
#9 of 12 Old 11-26-2005, 07:56 AM

Polkadots= Let me tell you my story. With ds2 I was 1cm and 80 effaced at my 33wk check-up and he was born 2 days PAST his dd!! You may have nothing to worry aobut. With ds1 I had him at 33wks he weighed 4lbs 15oz at birth. He was in NICU for 2.5 weeks and then released. A very hard road and we were fortunate that he had no real complications other than what comes with being born 7-8 wks early. I hope your body is just preparing for labor and you don't have the baby for atleast another 2=3 weeks. If you do have your babe early and I can help in any way please feel free to pm me. I learned a lot of information I frankly wished I didn't need to know! good luck.
kathy

momma to 4!
#10 of 12 Old 11-26-2005, 12:07 PM

Yup, I can tell you a story about that as well. My firstborn was due on June 9th. By the beginning of May I was 100% effaced and 3 cm's dialated. We were all set for her to come early, and she wasn't born until June 12th! 3 days "overdue"! Other than feeling more BH contractions, and feeling like I had a bowling ball between my legs... nothing changed! My water did break spontanously at home with her as I was sleeping. (it woke me up)

So, you could very well have a while to go, or you could be the first to have your baby! (which would have a very good outlook at 33/34 weeks, I agree!)

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#11 of 12 Old 11-26-2005, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone - these stories helped me. I had a moment where I felt really overwhelmed today. Our house is in disarray and half our furniture isn't here yet but I got over myself and figured even if baby comes early we are prepared as we need to be. In the meantime, I'm hitting the couch and resting for a week just to be on the safe side. I'd prefer this child wait till 37 weeks if possible and that is only 2 weeks away so I think it will be ok.

You all are so great.

Riley - very cool that your family lives here! Do you come visit often?

#12 of 12 Old 11-27-2005, 03:26 AM

Heh. I can relate to the not feeling quite ready yet. We've got the basics (diapers, hammock, clothes) but after I read your thread I thought we'd better get that car seat installed! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that you have to wait at least a few more weeks to meet the babe. Who knows? Maybe, like some moms here, you'll even be late!

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page