Belly pic - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-26-2005, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This belly is getting so big I thought I'd share it with you all. Was I in denial about the twin possibilty or what?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...u/P1010011.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2005, 04:46 PM

Wow! That is a belly full of babies! You look great and congratulations on your surprise!
Kathy

momma to 4!
Old 11-26-2005, 10:24 PM

I think I may go get that u/s afterall. My belly sure looks a heck of a lot like yours....

Namaste, Tara
Old 11-26-2005, 10:32 PM

Wow mama, that is one big beautiful belly!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaTaraX
I think I may go get that u/s afterall. My belly sure looks a heck of a lot like yours....

Namaste, Tara
Oh my Tara! I hope you get the news you want. Feel free to pm me or ask any questions here.

Do you feel like its twins? Do you feel movement in places that it doesn't seem like one baby should be able to reach simultaneously(sp)?
Old 11-27-2005, 01:42 AM

I don't *feel* like its twins but I swear I wonder. The last two times my midwife has felt me up, I mean, palpated my belly, there has been this mass...Butts don't move very much but heads do, that's the best way to tell the difference. Well, my kid appearnatly has two heads or the wobbliest butt in the world because both ends of it move like a head. I keep joking that its two. I'm measuring an averageof 2-3 cms big, which isn't much BUT I know two people who had hidden twins and never meausred more than that much big. So who knows. Yes, I feel this kid in places where I think I shouldn'tbe able to feel one at the same time. I've done this twice before, I think I remember what it feels like (or maybe I don't!? LOL) I probably won't get another u/s just because it's a major PITA to get to the dr. office where the u/s is. The tech is only there on Fridays. It's a 35 minute drive, each way and my 36 wk appointment withthe back-up doc is on a Tuesday. Too much effort. If she's lucky, my midwife will getto do an internal and see if she can feel ahead or a butt down there next week, though I'm not sure I'll let her. If she feels a head down there internally and the mass up top still wobbles, I'm really gonna be convinved its two. I guess I won't know for sure until January though,now will I?

Namaste, Tara
Old 11-27-2005, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

My money is on you having twins Tara I measured 2-4cm ahead from 30 weeks-32weeks, and then all of sudden I was measuring 5-10 cms ahead. Before 30 weeks I was measuring right on for gestation.

My mw kept feel a head down low and a butt up high. That was baby A. She would feel all over my belly for 20 minutes or so trying to figure out what everything was and never did say a word about the possibility of 2.

Finding out at birth would be a trip. Just be sure to eat lots and lots of protein just in case. My mw suggest 200g a day for twins.

Have you had major swelling? Pubic pain?
Old 11-27-2005, 02:47 AM

Now that is a belly!! Did you really have no idea it was twins?
Old 11-27-2005, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobiemama
Now that is a belly!! Did you really have no idea it was twins?
It never even entered my realm of thought until about 31-32 weeks. That's when I started measuring ahead and feeling movement in strange places.

I was in major denail. Plus, the babies both have anterior placentas which masked a lot of the movement. I didn't feel ANY definate movement until 17 weeks. There were just more signs of it not being twins that it actually being twins until 33.5 weeks when I measured 46cm.'s

I blogged about this all a lot if you want to read more. The link is in my siggy. The whole experience has just been such a trip. I swear the oddest things happen to me sometimes, lol/
Old 11-27-2005, 02:55 AM

No swelling. Pubic pain? Oh yeah, got lots of that! I don't think i have that Pubic Symphsis Dysfunction stuff but...yeah, it hurts. Pelvis hurts. not like with my boys at all. (of course, I just hope that means its a girl hehehe)

Namaste, Tara
Old 11-27-2005, 03:00 AM

WOW Lindsay!!! You and your twins look BEAUTIFUL!!! I am tickled for you. I read your blog tonight....and I have to say that..."Uh, yah, you have been in total denial....."

Love and Blessings to you mama!!!!

User Tag List