Has baby dropped yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-27-2005, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
According to the belly shots, lots of babies have already dropped. Wow, Tara and Lindsaylou have some impressive bellies! I'm supposedly carrying a 92nd percentile sized baby based on measurements but we'll see. I'm homebirthing so smaller really is my preference.

Ok, my question. How many you have noticed that baby has begun to drop? When is that "supposed" to happen? I'm 32 wks and did some after thanksgiving shopping that amounted to a lot of walking. I woke up Saturday and noticed that I could breath easier again and there was suddenly more space at the top of my belly. Baby is moving south. I think he's still lying traverse accodring to the sideways kicks and head buts. My conservative doctor/acupuncturist mom says I better stay laying down for the next couple of days since it seems bit early to drop.

Love to hear your words of wisdom.

thanks!
#2 of 8 Old 11-27-2005, 05:48 PM

Mine has also dropped and its head is engaged, according to my mw at my last visit (34 weeks). I know a few other people on this board have had their babies drop early, too. My mw said that early dropping really means nothing at all. She thought my baby would stay down there, simply because its head is so deep, but I understand that before they get very deep, babies will pop in and out. I remember my last one doing that, anyway.

I have been having a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions. Yesterday, I actually could feel my cervix being tugged on by them. I think they might be due to baby being so low, but I really don't know that for sure.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth. I hope you are enjoying being able to breathe more easily. I am loving not having heartburn anymore!!
#3 of 8 Old 11-27-2005, 06:54 PM

I thought my little one was transverse still too, judging by the kicks in the sides I was getting.. turns out she is fully head down, but has her feet down there by her face too.. so I'm getting sideways kicks.
You can't really tell just by feeling sometimes!!

I don't think she has dropped, though my last one didn't either so its not a reliable indicator for me at all. They drop down in labor anyway. I am finding it ever so painful to walk though. It seems her head is right on a nerve or something!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#4 of 8 Old 11-27-2005, 10:48 PM

Uuuuugh the pressure! Nothing like a bit of pressure in the southern region! If I walk all day I am really sorry in the afternoon. I really don't think my last 2 dropped this early. My wm said she couldn't get a real accurate measurement because the head is so far into my pelvis. I hate thinking that I have 5+ weeks of this and more as the babe only gets bigger!!!
K

momma to 4!
#5 of 8 Old 11-27-2005, 11:57 PM

Nope, my baby is still kicking me in the ribs! I can hardly get a deep breath! I kinda envy those of you who have experienced that "lightening" feeling.
#6 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 09:03 AM

I, too, envy that easy breathing! My son never dropped and was high all the way into labor (no wonder I had to push for 3 hours), so I am hoping that this one has a different mind and decides to move a little bit more south at some point in time to give me a little bit of breathing room. I am up and down on the floor with kids at work, so baby can wait a few more weeks or else my kids at work will be able to move faster than I can. I am still keeping up fairly well!!

Nena, Wife to S since 1995, mom to G (my wonderkid) since 2000 and R since 2006 (my snuggley boy who was diagnosed with mitochondrial disease in 2007)
#7 of 8 Old 11-28-2005, 06:32 PM

#8 of 8 Old 11-29-2005, 12:36 AM

I'm short-waisted so I don't have alot of room. It seems that this baby is both very high AND very low . I'm getting less heartburn now so something has changed, but I still feel parts wedged very firmly under my ribs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page