My legs hurt - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-08-2005, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anybody else? My thighs, esepcailly the insides and top, hurt. It's really wierd. Never happened with my other kids. It's vaguely interesting. I guess this baby is burrowing lower and lower. Maybe she'll just fall out for the birth...hopefully into her daddy's hands still Oh and hey, since I'm herew riting, today I've had more contractions than ever. My uterus still works, whodda thunk? LOL

Namaste, Tara
#2 of 10 Old 12-09-2005, 02:08 AM

Like right on the inside of your thighs? Right next to your yoni? If so.. YUP! Me too. I had to have Dh help me over the baby gate today because my leg would just NOT go up by itself. He had to lift it for me. I've been getting a very sharp shooting pain there.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#3 of 10 Old 12-09-2005, 10:57 AM

Could it possibly be pain in your veins from congestion in your groin from the pressure from the baby? I ask only because this is something I've been dealing with for months (and, unfortunately, I am prone to varicose veins, so that's just an issue I have.) For me, it's a lot worse after sex or being on my feet too much. Anyway, I hope that's not what's going on with you, but if it is, putting your feet up helps.
#4 of 10 Old 12-09-2005, 12:28 PM

For me it's the legs and hips. I definiately have that inner groin pain, but also my thigh muscles and my hip/butt area. I could so use a good massage!!! It will help to have a good 10-15 pounds just disappear with the birth!!
#5 of 10 Old 12-10-2005, 12:23 AM

yup, here too. I do remember it with all of my pgs though. It seems to happen when the babes are low and the pressure is just high. Not a comfy feeling. Amazing how much discomfort goes away after you deliver. I do wonder if it's not just a reaction to the loosening of all the muscles in the pelvic area due to pg hormones?. I know you get "loose" from hormones and just assumed this groin discomfort was due to that. Just my theory.
Kathy

momma to 4!
#6 of 10 Old 12-10-2005, 02:04 AM

I've been getting sharp shooting pains on the inside of my thigh/groin too. It feels like I have a charlie horse in the big tendon on the inside top of my thigh, but only lasts a second or two. It really hurts! I didn't have this with my first pregnancy.
#7 of 10 Old 12-10-2005, 02:32 AM

I have inner hip/ thigh pain as well. If I don't use pillows in between my legs at night, they hurt even worse. I never knew it would be difficult to roll over!
#8 of 10 Old 12-10-2005, 10:24 PM

YES! First time experiencing it here too! Very strange. Do your legs go numb too? (The upper thighs) Very weird!
#9 of 10 Old 12-11-2005, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottmama
I've been getting sharp shooting pains on the inside of my thigh/groin too. It feels like I have a charlie horse in the big tendon on the inside top of my thigh, but only lasts a second or two. It really hurts! I didn't have this with my first pregnancy.
Yeah! Last night while walking through a parking lot I had the charlie horse shooting down the front, the sciatic pain shooting down the back, and then I nearly flattened myself on an icy patch. Not a fun walk... (although DD's school concert was well worth it - OMG is my kid cute! )
#10 of 10 Old 12-12-2005, 05:37 PM

With me, it's my ... bum. Especially first thing in the morning. I wake up and all the muscles in my bum and down the backs of my legs are just way too tight. Sometimes I wake up in the night with cramps in my calves, too. Ouch!

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page