Who thinks they will have babe in December? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure when I will have - someone told me 2nd babies come earlier?

Anybpdy think theirs will be here soon?

Alicia
#2 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 12:41 PM

My mom is convinced that I will have the baby in December. I have had about 18 due dates ranging from Dec. 29 to Jan 16 so who knows? I kind of think it will be late Dec. but I don't know. My "official" due date is Jan. 6 so I guess we'll just see. All I know is he'll be born when he's good and ready!
#3 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 12:47 PM

My first due date was January 6th, and though they changed it to the 12th.. the ultrasound tech still thinks its closer to the 6th. However, I still think I'll go in January. My first baby was 3 days late, my second baby was born on her due date, and this one? .. time will only tell..

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#4 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 12:58 PM

I am pretty sure I will have this baby in December. According to my LMP I am actually due today!!! But, the early ultrasound I had said I wasn't due until January 6th. That has always seems really, really late to me, and doesn't make sense, so I have wondered if the tech missed something since the very first day! So, I am pretty sure that this baby's birthday will be somewhere in the middle. My dd was two weeks early, and I am hoping that I go earlier than later again!! Here's for hoping!!
#5 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Nope. I'm gonna hang out til January. I have one child born in an even number year, one in an odd, so I have to hold out to the even number year

Namaste, Tara
#6 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 01:09 PM

Jewleysmommy posted a really interesting thread on the December ddc talking about moon phases with regard to labor/birth. There were some patterns there (like mom, dad and babe #1 born around the new moon) for some people, but for others it was way off. Here's the thread.
#7 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 01:45 PM

Oh how wish I would go the end of Dec. My last 2 were 2 days past their EDD so I don['t think my chances are real good. I am feeling freakishly large and can't imagine getting bigger. Seriously ......I feel like I look like a freak show. I am feeling more than a little nervous. Yesterday was the first time I felt so uncomfortable and weepy. My dh said 'now we know you are almost done'. Nesting has hit big time and I just mopped every floor in my house, changed and washed all bedding (4 beds), got out baby clothes and washed them, got the tree this w/e and decorated, I paid my 5 yr old to wash the kitchen cabinet doors! I think that's it between yesterday and today! Oh yea- I cleaned out all 3 kids clothes and put away, sorted, etc. Please don't let me get any bigger!! Sorry for the novel and getting off topic,
Kathy

momma to 4!
#8 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 02:47 PM

I would like to have my baby in December, but I don't really expect to. My LMP due date (accurate b/c I was charting) is 12/31, but both of my previous children have been "late". Today, while I was exercising I found myself thinking, maybe it'll be today. I was feeling so much pressure and so many contractions that that seemed to be a reasonable thought until I stopped and thought about the fact that it's only the 12th. I hope my body and baby surprise me and it's born in Dec., but what I really expect is the first week in Jan.

Kathy, I wonder when my four year old will be able to wash cupboard fronts. That's a good idea to file away......

Emily
#9 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 04:39 PM

No, I think my due date is pretty accurate, and it's smack dab in the middle of January, so if I go early, I think it'll still be in January, and if I go late, it'll be in January. It's the month of my child's birth.
#10 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 04:54 PM

I have been up all night with contractions that range in intensity and length coming as close together as 6 minutes. I am fairly certain this continues to be prodomal labor...I'm so hoping that our baby decides to come soon. My LMP is Dec. 28th but due date was given as Jan. 2 or 3.

-edited to correct my horrific grammar

Pac NW : mum to one amazing wonderboy - 3 1/2 :
#11 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 04:59 PM

No I think I'll definatly be in January, my LMP due date is the 19th and my ultrasound date is the 25th. Ds was 12 days late.....so. I actually have been having a feeling this one would be early, but I can't tell if its intuition or just wishfull thinking. Heck if the 25 DD is right I may well go into Febuary!

I'm hoping by not being ready at all I will encourage the baby to come early.....

Heather
#12 of 25 Old 12-12-2005, 11:06 PM

I was charting and I KNOW that my EDD is the 7th and I've been thinking that the 14th would be a good birthday (nice number and a full moon...) so I'm really not expecting a December birthday...

but my midwife said she thinks this one could come early. I need to ask her why, though, because it's been on my mind. Maybe she thinks that because I told her how early I thought I felt the baby move - which would make me ignore her. Maybe she has some intuition - which would make me believe her. How's that for science?

Here's the question: if you're baby was born at 11:59 on 12/31 or 12:00 on 1/1, would you alter the clocks to get the tax break or to get on the news with the New Year baby?
#13 of 25 Old 12-13-2005, 02:31 AM

I'm due Dec. 26, and think I'll definitely birth in December. I'm almost 4 cm now (although I was 3 for weeks and weeks before Julian's birth, so it doesn't mean much), and am hoping to have this baby before Xmas. I shouldn't even be posting in here, but I figured I ought to prepare myself for a January baby all along, just in case!
#14 of 25 Old 12-13-2005, 02:32 AM

IF my baby were born at the stroke of midnight or thereabouts, I'd alter it just because. I have some friends who are rooting fo rme to have a New Year's baby because I'm having a homebirth and they'd LOVE it if a homebirth made the news for the first baby of the year. I, personaly, do not want to have to call anyone away from their New Year's plans so I refuse to have a baby that day. (I also refuse on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day)

Namaste, Tara
#15 of 25 Old 12-13-2005, 02:41 AM

I'm due 1/22 (with complete confidence as to the conception/ovulation date) so I'd be pretty darned surprised if I had a December baby! My mw has said that as early as 12/31 I can have him at home. I am so not ready for a baby this month, I am hoping 12/15 on. Actually, I'd love a Pisces, so 1/19ish on would be lovely. I went into labor with dd on her due date, so who knows...
#16 of 25 Old 12-13-2005, 05:04 AM

Momalea - 1/19 would be an Aquarius babe but I'm with you on the benefits of having a Pisces baby - that would be lovely.

#17 of 25 Old 12-13-2005, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I, personaly, do not want to have to call anyone away from their New Year's plans so I refuse to have a baby that day. (I also refuse on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day)
Oh Tara, now you've gone and done it!!! Don't you know that you never make statements like that to the universe about things you have no control over?? Now your babe is sure to come on one of those days, just you wait and see!!!
#18 of 25 Old 12-13-2005, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalice
Oh Tara, now you've gone and done it!!! Don't you know that you never make statements like that to the universe about things you have no control over?? Now your babe is sure to come on one of those days, just you wait and see!!!
I have a hunch the babe will come in Dec for Tara, and if what you're saying is true, then my bet is for New Years. Plus, I plan to be there anyway (if the invitation still stands, that is), and it would be good timing for me.
#19 of 25 Old 12-14-2005, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalice

Yeah, you know me, gotta tempt the universe! Actually, when I first realized I was pregnant I dreamed a snowy New Year's baby. And now that I've sxai dit "out loud" Im' sure I've just done myself in. My toddler asked if I'm having the baby tomorrow I actually thought the New Year's thing for a short while until I realzed how little I wanted to disturb people...and then there's my DH who is only okay with UCing if I can get at least one or two people here. Persephone willbe here, that's one out of the day I still refuse. I guess I should give up on the refusin though because there's nothing like refusing at a time when I should really be surrendering. And everytime someone asks me when I'm due, I stop thinking at 38 weeks..which is New Year's Day...sooooo I wouldn't be surprised if my universe temptation comes back and bites me in the ample arse.

Namaste, Tara
#20 of 25 Old 12-14-2005, 02:09 AM

Polkadots-I realized about 10 minutes after I turned the computer off that I wrote Pisces rather than Aquarius! Pisces would be lovely, but there is NO WAY I'll be carrying this babe that long. I'd be very happy with an Aquarius. Of course, I'll be happy with the Capricorn too and since I have no control over the matter I'm trying to let go of any agenda I may have.
#21 of 25 Old 12-14-2005, 03:34 AM

Momalea - I hear you. I'm secretly hoping for a Sagittarius but I'm trying not to project. I'm glad to find another astrology fan!

#22 of 25 Old 12-14-2005, 07:21 PM

I will be having this babe in Dec. We will be scheduling c-section on Friday (for Monday or Tuesday) if this baby is still breech. In fact, I think this babe is transverse!

If he has managed to turn head down, I will ask for an induction on Mon. or tues. onstead of c-sec.
#23 of 25 Old 12-14-2005, 11:03 PM

Emily, it looks like you might be our second (after Lindsay and her twins) I am so excited to think that the birth of your babe is right around the corner. Of course, you'll let us know when you schedule it (M or T) and whether he's still breech, etc, etc, right?
#24 of 25 Old 12-15-2005, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsclt
Emily, it looks like you might be our second (after Lindsay and her twins) I am so excited to think that the birth of your babe is right around the corner. Of course, you'll let us know when you schedule it (M or T) and whether he's still breech, etc, etc, right?
: What she said!

Namaste, Tara
#25 of 25 Old 12-15-2005, 12:18 AM
AAK

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
December???? Yeah, right! No, no, no, my babies come late so right now I am really hoping to stay in January. However, my parents planned a trip for Jan 10-19 (they live 5 min from me) because they are sure that my baby won't come early. So, I am thinking that Murphy's law might come into play and give me a slightly early baby. Just because of that trip. It might be the best thing though as my mom still has a hard time accepting my "homebirth" decision.

As far as the "stroke of midnight" New Year's baby stuff, I would probably go for the 12/31 date. It will only save me $250 on the birth but quite a bit on taxes and this year we could use it. We have had so many unexpected bills the last two months, makes me realize I shouldn't have bought this cool swingset for the girls, but that was before all these bills, etc etc. Oh well, I am not in a dire state (money wise) and I will get a lot of use out of this swing set and I got a great end of season deal. I just like having a better handle on all the money stuff. . .

Amy

Mom to three very active girls Anna (14), Kayla (11), Maya (8). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page