Anyone else working to prevent a posterior baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2005, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 35 weeks and wee babe was deemed head down and anterior a few weeks ago. I was very excited until I felt like I was about to pop out of my skin. Soon after the little one turned there tush around and is now lying LOP. So I'm back searching for that about to pop feeling.

Tonight I re-read the spinning babies site, did some pelvic tilts and leaned on my birth ball a bit. I've been trying to sleep more on my left and not recline. I think it's working as my belly feels a lot firmer and I think it might have scooted around again.

Anyone else doing these things or have other suggestions? DS was a 32 hour labor thanks to a posterior lie (and I did do the exercises last time but still spent a considerable part of my day in a comfy desk chair) and I do not want to repeat that experience.

Melinda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2005, 01:58 AM

Honestly, and please don't think I'm a goof.. I cannot for the life of me understand the spinning babies website! I get confused with the left/right thing and applying it to myself.

I know how my baby is lying. She is head down and her chest is to my right side, and her butt is either on my right side or straight at the top/front of my belly. She swings her butt around all the time, and I get kicks in the cervix and in my back.

But what position is this? I can't tell from that website. Is she is a good/bad one?

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Old 12-13-2005, 02:43 AM

Yep, I have an LOP babe, too - as of Thursday. Grr. And I've been so careful about NOT reclining or staying on my back too much! I've been sitting very deliberately for WEEKS now and up until now have had an oblique and then LOT babe...*sigh*. I'm trying pelvic tilts & yoga cat/cow, leaning over a lot, bending over a couch or the counter or whatever to try to get the belly down. I sit on my birth ball at the computer & shift around & lean forward. Earlier today I thought I felt a back up front, but I'm not really sure. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing & hope for the best!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:57 AM

Check out my newsletter on optimal foetal positioning- there may be some information in there that is helpful!

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
Old 12-13-2005, 06:29 AM

Great newsletter! I enjoyed reading it
Old 12-13-2005, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchyMama2
But what position is this? I can't tell from that website. Is she is a good/bad one?
Hey Ana. That's ROA That's pretty darn good. LOA is the "best". Well, OA is probably "the best", which you also mentioned your baby being

My baby ishead down,and last week she was straight OA. She wiggles a lot and is generally ROA. I make posterior babies,and if she flops back to posterior, I won't care. I have confidence in birthing anything but a transverse baby so... No, I don't really try to "prevent" them too much. Posture, pelvic tilts, knee-chest laying....all that good stuff, but i know I can do that stuff all day and still get a posterior baby. Time will tell

Namaste,Tara
Old 12-13-2005, 01:21 PM

Ah I see. (I think) If her back/butt where lying on my left side she would be LOA? If thats the case, I can be pretty darn sure she will never get there as she's NEVER been on my left side this entire pregnancy. She does swing her butt around so that its right at my belly button (and higher sometimes ouch!) but her back always stays on my right side or near the middle.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Old 12-13-2005, 02:43 PM

I have a posterior baby, and I have been doing all that stuff for a while. I'm bad though too, cause I do still recline. But I spend the majority of my days leaning forward or upright. And I sleep in bed on my tummy/side. I wonder if I'll know when the baby flips? Can you feel it move? I was actually just going to post a question like this to the general PG board, I may still.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:24 PM

Yeah, you can feel them move most of the time. And you will feel differently, like, you'll notice you carry differently and you'll notice movement differently (subtly though). Usually when they flip, it's one big movemetne and you feel it though.

Namaste, Tara
Old 12-13-2005, 03:39 PM

I had a posterior baby the first time, and let me tell you - no fun!!! I was in labor for over 3 days, pushed for over two hours, and delivered at 42 weeks. ALL labor pain was concentrated directly on my tailbone which I was just sure was going to crack, but somehow didn't. In fact, I NEVER even felt an urge to push, either.

So I am "supposed to" be working on optimal fetal positioning, but that recliner just keeps calling my name... Plus, I can't imagine getting on my hands and knees and lowering my forehead to the ground - I get such severe heartburn just being upright!

~Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

User Tag List