I finally got out baby stuff! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-13-2005, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Eeep!! I'm sooo excited! I've mentioned before that I'm superstitious about getting out baby stuff before 35 weeks. Welp, I'm 35 weeks now and out came the baby stuff yesterday! I was so happy to see the little tiny clothes. We don't have very much, but we have more than I thought we did, which was a huge relief. We have one gown and that's it. But we have a few onesies and onsie-style shirts and pajamas too and I have quite a few hats now. A friend of mine knitted beautiful hats for all my kids, including the one not born yet...and matching booties! Anothr friend (Persephone!) crocheted a gorgeous pastel colored hat too. I have my "lucky hat" too which belonged to my only niece and I used it as a good luck charm for getting pregnant with my 2nd child and this one I love hats, can you tell? So today, after I eat, I'm going to start washing baby clothes and the few blankets we have left. I need flannel blankets and gowns and a bunting. I have diapers to wash and more diapers coming that I'm buying too, which excite me I don't have any newborn size covers though, I realized yesterday, so um, guess I better buy a couple, huh? Some days I really can't believe I'm going to have a new baby soon!! If I don't get everything washed and ready though, it'll be okay. Like my DH says, "babies only need five things: two arms to hold them, two boobs to feed them, and one mouth to kiss them" So we're pretty set

Namaste, Tara
#2 of 6 Old 12-13-2005, 02:35 PM

I've been working on getting my baby clothes ready. I kept absolutely everything that I had for my first one in the hopes of having another, so I have quite a bit. I mostly have girl clothes though, but have all my small clothes that are neutral ready to go. I've also bought a few neutral things for this baby, but not much. If it is a girl, I have more than enough clothes. If it is a boy, we, or my dh and dd, will go shopping!

I was always careful to take care of my baby clothes and soak them if they got any stains. I was surprised to find that after being in storage containers, some of the stains had "reappeared".

~Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#3 of 6 Old 12-13-2005, 02:58 PM

Tara, congrats on getting the baby stuff out and on getting to 35 weeks! DH and I have really enjoyed looking at the tiny baby stuff, too. Especially the little diapers and wraps.

Tracy, some of our stains have come back, too. If they're whites, the bleach pen works wonders and seems to get rid of them for good. I didn't have use of that tool last time.

Emily
#4 of 6 Old 12-13-2005, 03:31 PM

Isn't it fun??? I got my stuff out a few weeks ago because we were rearranging Gracie's room into a big girl room and we needed to get the changing table out and her new bed in. Also, our stuff was being stored at my in-laws, which is an hour away, so we picked it up at Thanksgiving. I want Gracie to get use to seeing all the baby stuff before he comes so she can get over the novelty of it.

It is so sweet getting out those little outfits again, I can remember when she wore so many of them. All of our newborn stuff was nutral because we didn't know if she was a boy or a girl, so it's great because it's all able to be used again. She's also infatuated with the baby "gear", like the bouncy seat and the swing. She used her swing like 3 times as an infant, but she loves it now!!! Luckily she's really small and can sit in it without damaging it, so she's getting over it.

Wow, I can't wait to have a baby to use all these things!!!
#5 of 6 Old 12-13-2005, 04:05 PM

Just washed all the baby clothes yesterday! Now comes the hard part..organizing! Ugh.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#6 of 6 Old 12-13-2005, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Ana, dear, I said nothing about organizing You have fun with that, organize some for me too, will ya? (washing the onsies you made us today too even though they are bigger than newborn, I just wanna play withthem!)

Namaste, Tara

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page