Need Happy Breech-turning Stories Please! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-14-2005, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help me! I am 34 weeks and have a baby who does not want to turn on her head. We are planning a home birth, and that won't happen if the baby is still breech. Instead it will be an automatic C-section in the hospital. I need to hear happy stories of babies who turned during the last month please! I'm doing all the recommended things like sitting on a ball, laying on a slant board, Webster's technique, and swimming.
So, mostly I just need to calm down and stop worrying; and any help you all can give me with that would be so welcome!
Thank you!
#2 of 5 Old 12-14-2005, 06:52 PM

There was a great article on moxibustion for turning breech babies in Mothering magazine last year. Maybe you could find it on this website if you search.

My neighbor had an inversion (I'm not recommending that or anything, it is just what she had done) which turned the baby down, but then the baby went back up again! But then the baby went head down on its own. I don't think my neighbor was doing any techniques, either. And when the baby turned on her own she was much closer to her due date than are you. She had settled on a C-section because she hadn't wanted another inversion, but ended up being able to go vaginally instead.

You still have time, do try to relax!

Best wishes,
Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#3 of 5 Old 12-15-2005, 11:13 PM

Good luck to you, mama! I am in your boat. I have a baby who is still transverse(has been the majority of the pregnancy)at 39 weeks. I'll go in for an u/s to confirm position tomorrow. (((Turning vibes to you)))
#4 of 5 Old 12-16-2005, 12:20 PM

A mom in my AP group had a successful version in September. Her baby wasn't completely breech, he was transverse, and he moved really easily when they did the version and then he settled in and stayed put. He was born without any problems!!
#5 of 5 Old 12-16-2005, 12:32 PM

My SIL went through te same thing. She did some of the exercises like Lying on your back with your knees bent and tilting your pelvis upward. It actually did work. Her DS turned and he was born naturally. You can also try getting a chiropractic adjustment as well. Sometimes poor back and hip alignment is what is keeping your baby from turning. I know it can be done. Decide what is right for you and go for it mama.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page