Fellow VBAC'ers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2005, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who in this DDC is a VBAC? I just want to be able to keep you especially in mind as I am preparing for mine. We all need to send extra-special good labor vibes to eachother as the end draws near!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2005, 10:01 PM

I had a VBAC with my second baby and plan to with my third baby due early Febuary. I had a good experience (my doc just told me not to labor long at home just in case the old C-section incision were to rupture). The recovery was so much quicker! Hopefully I will be able to do it again! Let me know if you have any questions about it, I would love to help!

Denise
Old 12-16-2005, 11:07 PM

I'm doing an HBAC. DD's were born via c-section basically because my sOB was too chicken to deliver twins vaginally, and I was too tired to fight it any longer. This time around I've found a wonderful midwife and I can't wait to get this show on the road!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:56 AM

I'm planning a HBAC as well - ds was c-sec and was necessary but not something that is likely to happen again. He was face presentation with thick mec. and in distress. I was at 10cm but he kept getting worse and still has problems relating to this today
The recovery was incredibly worse than labor especially since I was put under and he was in NICU so it took awhile to bond. Just being able to talk with the homebirth midwives (even before I got preggo!) has been a healing process. I can't wait to feel my newborn on my chest at seconds old!!

I have an increadibly good feeling this time around (had a bad feeling while preg. with ds though it wasn't as bad as I imagined). Hoping the excitement of birthing will get me through the labor
Old 12-17-2005, 10:00 PM

I am trying for a VBAC too.

I am going to do it!!! (I did not labor with Ethan at all - so looking forward to actually experiencing this beautiful amazing experience)
Old 12-18-2005, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to know who is also on a quest for a VBAC. I am also feeling very confident about doing this. I can't wait to read your birth stories!!

Jlse- Gracie was also in the NICU, for 6 long terrible days. I know what you mean about bonding, it was so difficult, and it made breastfeeding a total disaster! Although we eventually overcame all the difficulities it was so much more work than I ever imagined. The thought of a baby that comes to my breast and nurses immediately is something that helps me focus on how bad I want this!!

User Tag List