Freaky! I just had a real contraction! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-18-2005, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know, the kind where it comes in a wave from top to bottom! Complete with pressure whenit got to the bottom. That was really trippy! Came out of the blue, lasted I dunno, maybe 30 seconds? Totally wierd. Baby's moving around now. Guess maybe I'm a'dilatin'

Namaste, Tara (36 wks tomorrow..whic is in less than 2 hours *smile*)
#2 of 9 Old 12-18-2005, 01:00 AM

hmmm, I wonder if it will be a race between you and colorado alice for the board's next baby! Good luck!
#3 of 9 Old 12-18-2005, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Uh, no. She can go. This baby's got a while more to cook No no way no how not me. And if I'm holding a baby in the next couple of days, someone please re-direct me to this post (I won't be though, see, the baby can't come out until I have my tub and that's not til next week *teehee*)

Namaste, Tara
#4 of 9 Old 12-18-2005, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

nt
#5 of 9 Old 12-18-2005, 02:47 AM

You're totally going to have a baby before January. Maybe not next week, but definitely by the new year.
#6 of 9 Old 12-18-2005, 10:33 AM

Sounds like you better get prepared, just in case!
#7 of 9 Old 12-18-2005, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

So last night I had ctx every 30 minutes for a couple of hours, then they were every 12 minutes! After a few of those, I went and laid down, had one more and they quit (and I slept...sort of) It's obviously a gravitational thing because I got up this morning but laid down mainly for an hour or so. I got up and sat down and poof! contraction. So I laid back down. I stood up cleaning and making breakfast, had one or two maybe, laid down to play with toddler, they stop. I got up a few minutes ago and sat down here to check on the DDCs and whaddya know? I've had another contraction. I told my DH that I can't sit and stand all day today. Not because I don't want the baby to come if it's ready but because my house is a trashpile and I don't wnat anyone in here for this birth with it looking like this. Petty huh? I'm 36 weeks today, I come froma family that never makes it past 36 weeks...but I've made it to 38 weeks twice, so I think I'm okay for a while. now how am I supposed to get all this housework done if I can't walk around all day!?!?

Namaste, Tara
#8 of 9 Old 12-18-2005, 04:14 PM

Tell your DH to do it!
#9 of 9 Old 12-18-2005, 07:20 PM

My contractions are the same Tara. In fact, I get them the most when I first wake up in the morning and get up. For the next hour or so they come so close together that they really could be *it* if I didn't know my body better.

Drink more water!!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page